Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It doesn't make any sense.... I've been talking to this woman for about a month now. She usually texts me first, and yet it doesn't seem like she's very engaged in the conversations we have....

She flirts with me, she told me she likes me. I show interest in getting to know her better, but she doesn't show that same level of curiosity in getting to know me .

I'm not sure if it's because she thinks I'm not interested, or if it's because she simply isn't attracted to me anymore.... she doesn't try to avoid me(we work together), in fact she approaches me most of the time--I try not to approach her because of the mixed signals she sends me.

I really like her, but I'm thinking about completely ignoring her....or at the very least discontinue the flirting and messaging.

Is this common? What does it all mean?

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, twice, and she didn't respond....

And yet she talks about going on one with me quite a bit...

·
Registered
5,264 Posts
what do you mean "she didn't respond"? that seems to imply you texted her or something. if you want an answer, ask her to her face. girls are always flaky for all kinds of weird complicated reasons. just show that you are a man who knows what he wants, and asks for it; if you show any sign that you are scared, she's going to see you as a boy, not a man, and she'll treat you in that patronizing way. if you show that you are a man, and you go after what you want, and aren't afraid, or at least are not dissuaded by fear, then she will respect you.

she also might just go about getting together with someone in a very different way to you, so i wouldn't read too much into her not trying to get to know you as much- everyone has different ideas about how romance works. maybe she'll open up to you once you actually get together.

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Sounds like an attention whore, really.

I've had a few text/email relationships like that. When it comes right down to meeting face-to-face, there's always an excuse. But she does like getting hot messages. It's thrilling. So enjoy it for what it is and don't let it bother you too much.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It doesn't make any sense.... I've been talking to this woman for about a month now. She usually texts me first, and yet it doesn't seem like she's very engaged in the conversations we have....
[...] she doesn't try to avoid me(we work together), in fact she approaches me most of the time--I try not to approach her because of the mixed signals she sends me.
Have you considered that maybe she thinks you are giving mixed signals?

Maybe to her, she's trying, she keeps initiating, but you don't seem to be interplaying or initiating enough that she feels you're really interested. You flat out say you avoid approaching her at work. How is anyone supposed to perceive that? Her actions might just be a reflection of your actions or inaction.

·
Sweet Matrimony.
ENTJ 8w7 so/sx
7,160 Posts
Yeah mixed messages like that means she's not really interested and just likes the flattery...
Ignore her.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts