Personality Cafe banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...your most clever/ aggressive/ extreme/ strategic/ hilarious solutions to a problem or conflict that had to end?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
I'm still surprised you have 1,199 posts in a span of a month a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Irrelevant.

What's the craziest solution you've had to a conflict?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hmmmmm good question. I have nothing at this point though.

Only crazy thing I remember is blowing up a TV with a lot of firecrackers, due to a malfunction in the TV.

I got quite pissed.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hmmmmm good question. I have nothing at this point though.

Only crazy thing I remember is blowing up a TV with a lot of firecrackers, due to a malfunction in the TV.

I got quite pissed.
That's hilarious.

For me when I was Pres of College Republicans I didn't think it was fair that the LGBT Club could have 'safe zones' where they wouldn't be harassed on campus... Yet the republican students had no such escape from the torments of the liberal left. Therefore, I took an inverted triangle; painted red white and blue stripes; and glued an elephant to it and created GOP Safe Zones and we the CRs distributed them to the various right wing professors and departments/ clubs/ teams on campus.

Uproar ensued-- but it landed me a sweet opportunity with a State delegate.

·
Registered
69 Posts
For me when I was Pres of College Republicans I didn't think it was fair that the LGBT Club could have 'safe zones' where they wouldn't be harassed on campus... Yet the republican students had no such escape from the torments of the liberal left. Therefore, I took an inverted triangle; painted red white and blue stripes; and glued an elephant to it and created GOP Safe Zones and we the CRs distributed them to the various right wing professors and departments/ clubs/ teams on campus.
Ahah that was great.

When I was about to obtain my graduation, the General secretary went through my academic transcript and found that one of my exams was badly registered and I had ONE day of time to make the professor fix the registration (bureaucracy in Italy is exhausting).

So I run from the General secretary to my university (about 2 miles) and the local secretary informed me that the professor was at home that day.

And so I run to professor's house (another mile)... at that point I was sweat drenched. You should have seen his face.

At least I managed to make him fix his mistake.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ahah that was great.

When I was about to obtain my graduation, the General secretary went through my academic transcript and found that one of my exams was badly registered and I had ONE day of time to make the professor fix the registration (bureaucracy in Italy is exhausting).

So I run from the General secretary to my university (about 2 miles) and the local secretary informed me that the professor was at home that day.

And so I run to professor's house (another mile)... at that point I was sweat drenched. You should have seen his face.

At least I managed to make him fix his mistake.
That's dedication. I gather he did it for you and you graduated with no further trouble? A for effort.

Reactions: TheDave

·
Registered
427 Posts
Ah I have one.
When I first read your question, I thought about how in my latest CRISIS MUN conference, I mounted a coup d'etat, kidnapped the great Putin of Russia (killed him off afterwards) and replaced him with the tame Vice Pres. See, Mr Putin wasn't quite playing his role correctly, and refused any proposals to bomb Syria/Iraq/Saudi Arabia, and the US cabinet was gaining on us, so had to do something to get things moving.
But anyway my answer will be:
That time when I was 16 and was at home during school break, and my friends called me to join them for a movie. They were trying to get me back with an ex (once I break up, i never look back, so there was no chance there and it was more of a nuisance than anything else). I didn't feel like going so I refused. My INTP brother had just come back home and told my parents that he had failed a couple of modules. My INTJ dad didn't rage at him, but it was clear he was really disappointed. So my bro took his car and drove over to his friends.
After a few minutes, I decided that I was bored and told my ESFP mom that I was going to the movies. She told me to ask my dad (as always), and she said that it would be better if I stayed because he was upset. I told her to ask him anyway because I was getting ready to leave. She asked him and came back to tell me that he said no.
I then went to the living room and asked him why I couldn't go. (Nothing planned, no family gathering, it was a weekend and it was on school break) He just said no is no.
Well of course, being the ENTJ I am, I didn't take to the refusal. I mean, it was unfair and irrational. He was just misdirecting his anger at me. (This always happens at home, my parents love to direct their anger at me because I have quite the firecracker attitude and shrug things off afterwards, while my INTP brother would brood and lock himself up in his cave of a room.) The offender was allowed to leave the house with no sanctions while I was expected to stay at home?! No chance.
So I went back to my room and finished getting ready, my mom came upstairs again (nagging) and told me not to go. I explained to her that it was unfair and that I shouldn't be paying for the actions of my brother. She understood but still wanted to be the mediator. She was becoming really nagging at that point and so I told her to go ask my dad again once more.
I went downstairs to the kitchen to drink some water and she told me that he said no again, without giving any reasons. (My dad would always give reasons, so it was really odd and that pissed me off even more)
At that point in time, even if I didn't want to go to the movies and see an ex, I was more outraged by the blatant injustice I was facing.
So I threw my glass to the floor and broke it, along with a couple of plates and bended some forks within reach. I stormed off the main door and front door. My mom tried to follow me but I broke into a sprint to my friend's house so she stopped at the end of our street.

I got back home at 2 am by cab and went to sleep. The next day, everything was normal. The kitchen was clean, no sign of what I did the day before. From that day on, my parents (specially my dad) never refused any requests I made on my own freedom. They know I am independent and level headed, but most of all, will not take their shit when they are being irrational.

Now that was when I was 16. I realise that I was acting like a brat and being quite irrational myself in wrecking havoc on inanimate objects, but my frustration rarely ever reaches that point. I think it only does when I face severe injustice. (n.b. I can't recall any other incidents - at this time - that resulted in such a response from me)

My dad is the 'lead' of the family, or was. I think I am the lead now. But anyway, he can be very stubborn and not open to discussion (less nowadays) so it was a waste to argue with him. It was clear that he was being irrational so I didn't see the point in achieving what I wanted through democratic means. I needed to make a point and so I did. That's probably the point where I 'revolted' as a teen. My teenage friends always asked me how I was given so much freedom (as an asian girl) so I told them that they needed to assert themselves, most of them never did and that's to their own detriment. Anyway, my dad probably realised that he was wrong and that's why we came to a mutual (silent) understanding.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ah I have one.
When I first read your question, I thought about how in my latest CRISIS MUN conference, I mounted a coup d'etat, kidnapped the great Putin of Russia (killed him off afterwards) and replaced him with the tame Vice Pres. See, Mr Putin wasn't quite playing his role correctly, and refused any proposals to bomb Syria/Iraq/Saudi Arabia, and the US cabinet was gaining on us, so had to do something to get things moving.
But anyway my answer will be:
That time when I was 16 and was at home during school break, and my friends called me to join them for a movie. They were trying to get me back with an ex (once I break up, i never look back, so there was no chance there and it was more of a nuisance than anything else). I didn't feel like going so I refused. My INTP brother had just come back home and told my parents that he had failed a couple of modules. My INTJ dad didn't rage at him, but it was clear he was really disappointed. So my bro took his car and drove over to his friends.
After a few minutes, I decided that I was bored and told my ESFP mom that I was going to the movies. She told me to ask my dad (as always), and she said that it would be better if I stayed because he was upset. I told her to ask him anyway because I was getting ready to leave. She asked him and came back to tell me that he said no.
I then went to the living room and asked him why I couldn't go. (Nothing planned, no family gathering, it was a weekend and it was on school break) He just said no is no.
Well of course, being the ENTJ I am, I didn't take to the refusal. I mean, it was unfair and irrational. He was just misdirecting his anger at me. (This always happens at home, my parents love to direct their anger at me because I have quite the firecracker attitude and shrug things off afterwards, while my INTP brother would brood and lock himself up in his cave of a room.) The offender was allowed to leave the house with no sanctions while I was expected to stay at home?! No chance.
So I went back to my room and finished getting ready, my mom came upstairs again (nagging) and told me not to go. I explained to her that it was unfair and that I shouldn't be paying for the actions of my brother. She understood but still wanted to be the mediator. She was becoming really nagging at that point and so I told her to go ask my dad again once more.
I went downstairs to the kitchen to drink some water and she told me that he said no again, without giving any reasons. (My dad would always give reasons, so it was really odd and that pissed me off even more)
At that point in time, even if I didn't want to go to the movies and see an ex, I was more outraged by the blatant injustice I was facing.
So I threw my glass to the floor and broke it, along with a couple of plates and bended some forks within reach. I stormed off the main door and front door. My mom tried to follow me but I broke into a sprint to my friend's house so she stopped at the end of our street.

I got back home at 2 am by cab and went to sleep. The next day, everything was normal. The kitchen was clean, no sign of what I did the day before. From that day on, my parents (specially my dad) never refused any requests I made on my own freedom. They know I am independent and level headed, but most of all, will not take their shit when they are being irrational.

Now that was when I was 16. I realise that I was acting like a brat and being quite irrational myself in wrecking havoc on inanimate objects, but my frustration rarely ever reaches that point. I think it only does when I face severe injustice. (n.b. I can't recall any other incidents - at this time - that resulted in such a response from me)

My dad is the 'lead' of the family, or was. I think I am the lead now. But anyway, he can be very stubborn and not open to discussion (less nowadays) so it was a waste to argue with him. It was clear that he was being irrational so I didn't see the point in achieving what I wanted through democratic means. I needed to make a point and so I did. That's probably the point where I 'revolted' as a teen. My teenage friends always asked me how I was given so much freedom (as an asian girl) so I told them that they needed to assert themselves, most of them never did and that's to their own detriment. Anyway, my dad probably realised that he was wrong and that's why we came to a mutual (silent) understanding.
My dad always wanted to see us standing up to them growing up... But when we actually stood up to them it didn't end well for us. The concept of us standing out ground was of greater appeal to them then the conception- turned- reality.

·
Registered
427 Posts
My dad always wanted to see us standing up to them growing up... But when we actually stood up to them it didn't end well for us. The concept of us standing out ground was of greater appeal to them then the conception- turned- reality.
Yeah, I think my dad didn't really plan/expect me to become the person I am today. He probably wanted me to be a ISFJ. But I think that he sleeps well at night knowing that I can stand my own grounds and will not let people walk over me. He probably wouldn't tell me/the world that he loves that I am so opiniated but I suspect he'd much rather that than I be a person easily influenced.

Reactions: Lesuhlee

·
Registered
69 Posts
That's dedication. I gather he did it for you and you graduated with no further trouble? A for effort.
Yes, no further trouble. It all went smooth.

Reading through this thread made me remember another episode. Curiosly, I didn't think about it, but posts above were related to dad.

I respect my father, he is a good man and a hard worker. Just from time to time he acts so silly and child-like...

At that time I was 14, I just came back from school and my dad decided to play this silly "game" with me. Don't know if there's a similar game in other countries. Basically, a guy grabs another guy's balls and squeezes them, telling the unfortunate to whistle.
And whistling under that grip is definitely difficult.

So:

Dad: Whistle!
Me: Dad you are hurting me!
Me: You are hurting me!
I punched him in the face.

So, there was this moment where he released the grip and his nose started bleeding, where I was thinking "Oh shit. What the heck I have done?"

Luckily, he didn't get worked up.

I still feel a little embarassed about that :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Don't lock me out of the restroom. Intentionally.

Else your patio herb garden will get an organic hydration of a certain golden shower variety.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Hm. When I was in third grade, a boy wouldn't stop teasing me about liking this really annoying guy in our grade. He followed me around for a few minutes harassing me about it while I kept being like, "No, I don't like him, go away."

I don't remember what he said but I turned around, jumped up, and kicked him in the balls.

I still feel kinda guilty. Plus he talked the teacher out of giving me detention.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hm. When I was in third grade, a boy wouldn't stop teasing me about liking this really annoying guy in our grade. He followed me around for a few minutes harassing me about it while I kept being like, "No, I don't like him, go away."

I don't remember what he said but I turned around, jumped up, and kicked him in the balls.

I still feel kinda guilty. Plus he talked the teacher out of giving me detention.
Oh my god! Your story just made me remember a similar incident that happened when I was in primary school!
Haha! A guy was being really clingy and nice to me and people kept telling me that he liked me. I kept saying no he doesnt, no he doesn't. In fact he did, but I didn't. So one day I pushed him away and told him to stop being so nice to me XD
This makes me laugh. Sorry it was out of topic (?)

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Oh my god! Your story just made me remember a similar incident that happened when I was in primary school!
Haha! A guy was being really clingy and nice to me and people kept telling me that he liked me. I kept saying no he doesnt, no he doesn't. In fact he did, but I didn't. So one day I pushed him away and told him to stop being so nice to me XD
Hahaha that's great, I've done that too. Sixth grade- I liked him but I didn't want him to know that, so I was like "can't you just be mean to me, jesus, you're so annoying." :tongue: Strategically a bad choice, but yeah, I've definitely done that. You're not off topic at all, that was funny

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ha!

I asked a dude out in high school. He said "hell no". I slapped him. Not the best strategy; today, I have better 'game'.

Reactions: ArBell
1 - 18 of 18 Posts