Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been trying to study how processes work and how they are affected by stress-related situations. I've been using myself as an example and studying myself to further my knowledge of temperament. Currently I live in a very crouded environment and have been for the past three years, and have little to no room to think.

As you probably realize right now I suffer from mild to moderate depression, of which i'm not really sure. The very THOUGHT of being so weak, like my mind is just a petty, feeble piece of nothing, drives me INSANE! The problem is I can't think. It is as if even my Ni is gone, because I can't think about the things I used to think about. I actually CARE about things relating to the outside world.

I CANNOT keep living like this!! Everyday I wake up with no privacy, and really nowhere to go to just get away for a while. All I do everyday and have been doing for the past 12 months, is try to find my answers in the texts. I've been looking for some way to get it back, to put my functions back in order. I have failed however time and time again. And now, my mind will not get off of temperament theory. I can't STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! It is as if I need to hold on to something I know I would normally be interested in, just so that I could one day be myself again. Unfortunately, it has gone too far I think and I need help in not being such a retard!

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS IDIOTIC BEHAVIOR I UPHOLD DAILY! THIS MUST END! But how...?

If anybody knows more about the subject of functions and how they can be better managed. Please help me stop being a moron, and reply.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I don't know what your situation is like, and I would never presume to pretend that I know what is best for you or how to solve your problems. That said, if you're anything like me, then I would try taking a vacation from life if possible-- some alone time without obligations, just to rest and recoup my sanity. Maybe hiding out in a secluded corner of the library for a few hours, if you can't actually take a vacation.

In terms of MBTI, I don't really know what to say to help; sorry. I hope things get better for you. :sad:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I like to take long, long walks to get away from people. This really soothes my mind. Without it, I would probably not be able to survive.

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
What do you do with a computer that keeps looping and attempting to crunch the same data, stalling and crashing? You first try to shut down the process. When that doesn't work, perhaps you edit the registry database or fiddle with your boot.ini file trying to remove certain startup procedures.

I hope you understand my analogy. When all else fails, you have to reboot and simply stop executing the programs causing the problems. Although we can't control the neurons and synaptic pathways the same way a computer controls bits and functions, we can - if we really have to - force ourselves to focus on something else.

So if you can't find out what's wrong then just focus on something else.

·
Registered
6,423 Posts
I've been trying to study how processes work and how they are affected by stress-related situations. I've been using myself as an example and studying myself to further my knowledge of temperament. Currently I live in a very crouded environment and have been for the past three years, and have little to no room to think.

As you probably realize right now I suffer from mild to moderate depression, of which i'm not really sure. The very THOUGHT of being so weak, like my mind is just a petty, feeble piece of nothing, drives me INSANE! The problem is I can't think. It is as if even my Ni is gone, because I can't think about the things I used to think about. I actually CARE about things relating to the outside world.

I CANNOT keep living like this!! Everyday I wake up with no privacy, and really nowhere to go to just get away for a while. All I do everyday and have been doing for the past 12 months, is try to find my answers in the texts. I've been looking for some way to get it back, to put my functions back in order. I have failed however time and time again. And now, my mind will not get off of temperament theory. I can't STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! It is as if I need to hold on to something I know I would normally be interested in, just so that I could one day be myself again. Unfortunately, it has gone too far I think and I need help in not being such a retard!

I WILL NOT STAND FOR THIS IDIOTIC BEHAVIOR I UPHOLD DAILY! THIS MUST END! But how...?

If anybody knows more about the subject of functions and how they can be better managed. Please help me stop being a moron, and reply.
It sucks to have a problem and not being able to figure out a solution, doesn't it? Realize that the cause of your stress is not the situation you´re in, but your inability to come up with a solution. That's the most stressfull thing for an INTJ I think, even though not all INTJ's realize this.

Now that you know what is the real cause of your stress, you may be less stressed already. The answer is not found in your knowledge about the MBTI, it's found in knowing where to look to solve your problem and it looks like you´re looking in one place only which seems to be the wrong place.

By the way, the answer to your question is in your post. (as often the answer to a question can be found in the question itself.)

What you need is more time for yourself. So make it happen!

·
Registered
127 Posts
Dude, relax. You don't "manage your functions"; you just live, doing the best you can with what you've got. Nobody realizes the incredible drama that goes on in your inner world - and they probably don't care.

Insist on what you need, and don't back down. Make time for long walks, as previously posted, (or some kind of exercise) and your psyche will be satisfied; but whatever you do, Don't obsess over MBTI types: life is way too short for that. Whatever our typical attitude, we all have parts that overlap - we're all people.

When you insist that other's respect your needs, you, in turn, must respect theirs. I, to, have lived in a crowded environment, and I know it's not easy. You have to step up, because nobody else is going to do it for you. Don't pretend your needs are the same as theirs, and don't feel like you have to apologize for the way you are. We all bring our unique skills to the table, and it takes all of us to make society work. My skills may not be obvious, but they're mine, they're real, and you're going to respect them (and when I'm wrong, I'll be embarrassed, but I'll know better next time). That's how I would deal with it. That's how I do deal with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts