1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
3,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
77 Posts
surpass them with your strength and character while they waste their energy on petty nonsense that you can see from a mile away anyway :cool:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I dig my heels, then mutter 'I don't think so'...find a way to teach then a brief lesson, then say, "You don't do that to people. You just. Don't." That's if other people are getting hurt. And I've done this a million times-it's an automatic response & unfortunately in the moment I believe the ends justifies the means. If it's just me they are affecting, I'm like, 'whatever. you got problems.'

INFJ: Protector of People. Legit. I'm a freakin bear if you mess with someone I view as an underdog. When it comes to myself, not so much.

Reactions: Windblownhair

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Generally I perceive effort to control as being rooted in a fear of one kind or another and so I usually feel like I'm dealing with an afraid person rather than a 'controlling' person.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
It is often so easy to see through other people and to know when they're manipulating you. Never give in. Never react. Never let them control you. This is my motto. :) :)

·
Registered
298 Posts
Bail when possible, feign compliance when necessary (business), and flat out scorch the earth beneath their feet when they try to manipulate anyone else I care about.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Describe their tactics aloud so they worry other people see through them too... and if in a group do the same for the sake of increasing others awareness if they are willing to listen. I never worry about myself falling for it, but I worry for the unwitting.

·
Registered
34 Posts
It depends on who does it.

-If it's a close person (like my siblings), I would basically do exactly the opposite, and if they ask me why, I would call them out so that they don't try it again.
-If it's a boss or a coworker, I would basically smile, turn around, and ignore they even asked/told me.
-If it's anyone else, I would either manipulate them back and then ignore them, fake as if I'm going to do it and then do nothing and ignore them, or simply ignore them. Different approaches, same result.

·
Registered
🌈🎹☮INFJ 666 sx/sp🇺🇸💃🏻💋
2,768 Posts
Destroy them with your will or cover them in Nutella then tar and feather
Why waste perfectly good nutella?

It really depends on the situation. I either thwart their plans if it is going to hurt someone or I just out right ignore them.
I can usually see through manipulation tactics. And most people aren't as good at it as they want to think and end up hanging themselves.

·
Registered
996 Posts
I can be very manipulative if I want to be, which I usually don't want to be.
I usually just ignore manipulative people because it almost always ends in drama and I despise drama like nothing else.

Whenever someone tries to start shit I just go /ignore
If they want to paint a bad picture of me I am really good at convincing other people of the inferiority of the other person's argument if I want to.
/ignore usually helps though. Most manipulative people just look for weak people they can do it with. If you consistently ignore their attempts, they won't try again very often.

·
Registered
36 Posts
If its someone close who I have known for years:
Try my best to counter, dig in my heels.

If it's someone I've only known for a little while and are essentially dispensable:
Disappear from their life forever.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts