Personality Cafe banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another drunken post.
I used to hurt a lot has a kid when things that affected me quite deeply seemed to unfaze a lot of people around me. I even suspected at times I was adopted lol, until my mother revealed to me at one point that she was the same, but simply learned to hide it.
What about you? When did you decide it's time to blanket the feelings (if you've even done so yet)?

·
Registered
INFP(?) 9w1 sp/sx ♀
1,221 Posts
I've always been quiet and sensitive, but that's exactly what I was: quiet. Nobody really knew what I was feeling since I kept my feelings to myself, but I still acknowledged them. However, I think it was seventh grade when I acknowledged my feelings, but chose to replace them with false pride. I had been myself up until then, and I masqueraded as some insensitive, falsely outgoing character (which was what seemed to be socially acceptable amongst my peers) from then until the end of the first quarter of my eighth grade year. I was desensitized to so much in that time, but even now that I'm in high school I can see that there is certainly not a chance that I could ever return to my "silently feeling" self. I act a lot like my original self now, but I accept the whole "emotions aren't the driving force of everyone" thing, and about half of my friends are thinkers that take emotional things rather lightly (but they are healthy ones; the xxTJs have relatively well developed Fi, and my Te has become more stable too).

The inverse operation of the thinkers wasn't the problem for me; in fact, my feeling preference probably had little to do with it. I think it was more of a messed up status quo with the addition of losing my innocence that made me mask my feelings as opposed to just remaining silent. Seventh grade was the year when everything changed for the worse on that end.

·
Retired Administrator
18,205 Posts
It still hits me. Every day. Right here in the kisser.

IDK when it first hit me. You'd think I would have learned to duck or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts