Personality Cafe banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When and how did you develop that logical function of the ENFP personality?

When I was younger, I didn't use my Te /at all/. Emotions and spirituality were the *only* things I cared about, and consequently, I was quite irrational. I'm 18 now, and I think I only recently developed my Te properly, or at least I'm in the process of developing it.

I think college helped (especially my academic writing class, where I had to present a logical argument with concrete solutions, totally new, challenging way of thinking for me), plus my interest in certain sciences, plus experiences that, though not necessarily changing my idealistic perspective, showed me that idealism is nothing without reason.

How do you think your Te functional development has affected your life in respect to how it was prior to development?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Hm. Mine began to develop just a year ago, when my Aunt passed away. With all that stress and stuff.. but I'm actually not quite familiar with what's considered Te.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hm. Mine began to develop just a year ago, when my Aunt passed away. With all that stress and stuff.. but I'm actually not quite familiar with what's considered Te.
Basically just the logical function of the ENFP. It's our tertiary function, so I assume that logical thinking doesn't come naturally to most ENFPs right off the bat. I believe it takes time for most to develop it.
The Te function is described as such on mypersonality.info:
Thinking
people make decisions based on logic, so the Extraverted thinking
function allows a person to organize and categorize things, thoughts or
arguments. It is the ability to see the logical consequences of actions. It
follows sequence and organization.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Basically just the logical function of the ENFP. It's our tertiary function, so I assume that logical thinking doesn't come naturally to most ENFPs right off the bat. I believe it takes time for most to develop it.
The Te function is described as such on mypersonality.info:
Thinking
people make decisions based on logic, so the Extraverted thinking
function allows a person to organize and categorize things, thoughts or
arguments. It is the ability to see the logical consequences of actions. It
follows sequence and organization.
Ahh. Yeah.. It comes better than it used to. Still working on it. It's definitely helpful.
I find that it's easier for me to do this when theres another person with me-- even when they're just there listening.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I guess developed mine early on, but I'm not sure I did it in the best way: I can "access" it only if I detach myself from my emotions.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
I can have really objective umm assertive moments around people if that's Te. Became more noticeable this year in college

·
Registered
653 Posts
Does this question apply to all non-Dom-Te users? If so...

Its my Aux, and I had to develop it fast as soon as the going got tough. My Ni had a way of seeing things in a bad light, so my Te would save the day by using emperics and logic to bring me back to happier realities. But then it would go too far and push nudge people past comfort. Moral compass Fi to the rescue. Huzzah for cog func checks and balances.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts