Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One sexual fantasy in particular - a "rape" fantasy.

31-57% of women admit to fantasizing near to full fledged rape fantasies.*

A lot of people think fantasizing about rape is wrong, immoral, and may lighten the load of negative association towards the act.*

But it's a fantasy. it's not real. In sexual assault cases, the victim is not asking to be taken advantage of. They are not pretending to be frightened, feel violated, angry, guilty etc. In a rape fantasy, you pretend to not want to be violated. They are not remotely the same.*

When do sexual fantasies cross the line?*

share your sexual fantasies, if they are too explicit... i am still curious!

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
Fantasizing it and experiencing it are two completely different things. I think it's more dangerous for men to fantasize about it because making that fantasy a reality... well, I think you understand.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Even when acting it out, rape fantasy usually translates to consensual heavy dominance; often with a lot of trust involved. That goes for most dom/sub activities. Call me picky with wording, but I also don't think the fantasy is remotely the same as actual rape.

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts
It doesnt cross a line until it moves outside of the realm of 'fantasy'

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
Where are the statistics being polled from?* How representative is it?

Doesn't sound generalizeable to me- like that statistics came from Ayn Rand's fandroid fantasies or something.

Sexual fantasies that cross the line to me consists of jeopardizing another person's safety for one's own gratitude/power/fulfillment at the expense of a weaker or non-able bodied individual (I.e.,- children, elderly, disabled) without consent (applies to everybody).

·
Nerf Herder
7,072 Posts

Doesn't sound generalizeable to me- like that statistics came from Ayn Rand's fandroid fantasies or something.

Sexual fantasies that cross the line to me consists of jeopardizing another person's safety for one's own gratitude/power/fulfillment at the expense of a weaker or non-able bodied individual (I.e.,- children, elderly, disabled) without consent (applies to everybody).
Those arent 'fantasies'. Once it is acted out towards somebody else (outside of your own fantasy and into reality). I think what op was implying was the fantasies within your own head and whether if any of those were crossing a line. Not as if they could be regulated, but do they make people 'bad' for having certain fantasies.

edit: I may have misintrepeted what you said.

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fantasizing it and experiencing it are two completely different things. I think it's more dangerous for men to fantasize about it because making that fantasy a reality... well, I think you understand.
why is it dangerous for men? women rape men too.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
why is it dangerous for men? women rape men too.
I never said they didn't. How many women that have commited a rape have actually been prosecuted for it? Not many. Case and point. The system finds it much more difficult to prosecute women. Sad, but true. A man so much as breathes in the wrong direction and a woman can file a claim against him that could potentially ruin his life.

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

That's a fantasy?

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I never said they didn't. How many women that have commited a rape have actually been prosecuted for it? Not many. Case and point.
I never said that you said they didn't. You said it was dangerous for men. Why is it dangerous for men? It's "dangerous" for both men and women?

That doesn't prove anything. There are sexual assaults that don't make it to court for whatever reason. Doesn't invalidate the reality.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
I never said that you said they didn't. You said it was dangerous for men. Why is it dangerous for men? It's "dangerous" for both men and women?

That doesn't prove anything. There are sexual assaults that don't make it to court for whatever reason. Doesn't invalidate the reality.
My point is perfectly valid. Your insisting that it's not isn't going to change my perspective or the validity it may have in others' perspectives ;)

·
Banned
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My point is perfectly valid. Your insisting that it's not isn't going to change my perspective or the validity it may have in others' perspectives ;)
Where does other people's perspective have any relation to this? I'm not concerned with other people's perspective, i am commenting on yours.

are you implying the less a case is active in court, the less important it is? that's the general idea i deduce from your op.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Even when acting it out, rape fantasy usually translates to consensual heavy dominance; often with a lot of trust involved. That goes for most dom/sub activities. Call me picky with wording, but I also don't think the fantasy is remotely the same as actual rape.
The keywords are consent and trust. It isn't the same at all because both participants are consensual. Rape in itself is also largely for power and dominance, however it is only the rapist that gets enjoyment out of it.

It doesnt cross a line until it moves outside of the realm of 'fantasy'
It depends on the fantasy, and with that there's even more grey area about what is acceptable and what isn't. In general, play out anything as long as all of the participants are consensual adults, and a safe word is a good idea depending on what you're doing. Playing out fantasies can spice up a bland love life.

I guess it also boils down to how much self control someone has. As others have said, women are capable of rape as well ;)

When do sexual fantasies cross the line?*

share your sexual fantasies, if they are too explicit... i am still curious!
Simple fantasies with no physical manifestation are relatively harmless as it is just an act of one's imagination. Sharing the fantasies though are another thing, since some may not appreciate another's particular kinks.
When it does manifest physically, it should be between, as I've said before, consenting adults. If the fantasies involve mutilation or something like that though, I'd advise not to act them out ;). Stuff like choking, rape roleplay, bloodplay, play piercings, and other less vanilla sexual acts should be fine to act out as long as you're careful and preferably with someone experienced in that kind of play.

·
QUEEN PEEN
9,303 Posts
are you implying the less a case is active in court, the less important it is? that's the general idea i deduce from your op.
The first part of your post was irrelevant so I didn't respond. If you want to talk about that, you can PM me.

Lol, don't put words in people's mouths. It gets old rather quickly :p I'm not saying any case is less important than the other. I'm saying that men are in greater danger of being prosecuted for this particular crime. Hell, even if it's not true, it's not uncommon for men to get charged based on accusations with little to no proof. I think this is a real issue that is, at this point, also not relevant to the original post. It's funny that you're taking a large part in derailing your own topic. That along with a few other observations indicates to me... *sniff, sniff* Ahhhh, yeah, smells like a troll ;) I will try to assist you in getting your thread back on topic by ceasing to come back. If you have anything to say to me from this point forward, you can PM me. Good luck with your topic :)

·
Registered
5,125 Posts
One person's okay is an other person's I wouldn't go there. I think it all depends. I'm sure there's lots of sexual fantasies out there. At the same time, you could ask the question of what crosses the line with everything out there. I tend to think about this question when it comes to authors distancing themselves from their work, especially if it involves revenge themes or people dying, we have a huge genre of horror fiction. when does horror fiction cross the line? Should Peter Staub be thrown in jail or Stephen King? They themselves are not acting upon their thoughts, except as written form to entertain people. And what they write about is accepted by the rules of their genre and by the reading public itself. A good example of this is King's the Dead Zone which the hero is an assassin, who actually saves the world. Sue Grafton has often said she wrote her first book because she wanted to kill or maim her ex. "While going through a "bitter divorce and custody battle that lasted 6 long years," Grafton imagined ways to kill or maim her ex-husband. Her fantasies were so vivid that she decided to write them down." That's the wikipedia entry. I guess even if it's the mildest of sexual fantasies if it's not consensual, there's your answer. It's also, really on the acting upon your thoughts, as with anything in life. If you don't act upon them, I see no reason why sexual fantasies would cross the line.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Reactions: VolantEntropy

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
ill agree that they are two different things, hopefully the man involved will be aware if the woman is not interested in the fantasy.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts