Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You know, when your cognition is at a pace which is incomparably faster than your peers around you?

I tend to acquire the quickest "acess times" and reactions to discussion/ideas etc. while physically walking, especially if its in a busy place. I've noticed that my "transfer rate" (as I call it) tends to lack if sitting down in a very laid back setting.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
You know, when your cognition is at a pace which is incomparably faster than your peers around you?

I tend to acquire the quickest "acess times" and reactions to discussion/ideas etc. while physically walking, especially if its in a busy place. I've noticed that my "transfer rate" (as I call it) tends to lack if sitting down in a very laid back setting.
I agree. I noticed that movement keeps me in a sort of survival mode. Like a primitive human on a plain hunting or avoiding being hunted. I think moving is our natural state where we as humans learned to think on the fly. When I sit down I feel like it's relaxation time.

This is why I've set up a stand-up work space for my computer, so I can pace and bob around to get the blood flowing.

·
Registered
283 Posts
I concur.

My ideas flow most freely when I'm moving, but when I latch onto one idea that I want to think more deeply about, I have to be still and, most preferably, alone and in a quiet place.

Reactions: Magnificent Bastard

·
Registered
128 Posts
my ideas flow most freely when i talk to an intuitive dominant person, or to someone with similar sense of humor, and also when i get some environmental stimulation (could be what the OP said works for him as well)

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
The shower is the most ultimate place to think hands down(literally heehhe).

·
Registered
2,051 Posts
Anything where im doing something with my body
so i can subconsciously keep it preoccupied leaving my brain is free to think
walking is a great example... walking keeps most of my body busy without having to really think about it
consequently ive stepped in my fair share of puddles explaining an elaborate scheme so someone... :/

·
Registered
535 Posts

Whenever i do heavy-moderate cardio, not too hard like sprinting, but enough intensity to get endorphins really going. Then if i hve a double of some well drink im like going nuts. Its like the endorphins stimulate creativity, and the alcohol loosens mental inhibitions, and im bouncing off the walls with epic entpness

·
Banned
649 Posts
Late at night when I'm supposed to be asleep.

Shower time.

Early in the morning while going to school.

Toilet time.

I tend to think the most about ideas and things either early in the morning or late at night. Strangely enough, I think my ideas may actually flow most freely when I'm physically tired.

·
Banned
492 Posts
Whenever i dont have stress occupying my mind.

If you have ever taken xanax, tell me...or any medicine in that benzodiazapine class....When i take some xanax, and stress is removed from my brain, i become extremely creative, and more often than not, begin to freestyle-rap.

Other than that, my thinking flows best when i have other people in the room, and we are talking about something cool.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
I get my best idea under stress/pressure. The more pressure I have the faster I think and the better the ideas are. Prolly why I try to keep my outside world in chaos most of the time if I can (I would imagine)

Reactions: Detti

·
Registered
27 Posts
SERIOUSLY Psyphon, did you read my mind just now? Chaos is fuel to my mind, everything works better when there is pressure or stress, stops the procrastination and the daydreaming and forces me to get down to business, it cuts out all the waffling and makes me a lean, mean ideas machine.
I like to be around people when I generate ideas, not for their input but just to talk at like a sounding board, they are like a distraction so my brain can work more.
late night/early morning is when I'm most creative by myself, I have to paint or write songs until I'm exhausted, otherwise I can't sleep cause there are too many ideas in my head.
My job involves a structured system that I have redesigned to suit me, it is fairly monotonous now that I have perfected it, but I work with my hands so I am now free to just think all day about whatever I want while I work, it is great.
And I love when I am talking to certain people and there is that connection where you are both on that ideas wavelength, you know what I mean, that is a beautiful thing. Used to happen with me and my INFP best friend, we'd sit at my table and drink and just write stuff, stories and songs, or draw, and if we'd have a jam session we could just improv for hours cause there was that idea connection.
So.. I don't quite know if that even answered the question.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Yes @Detti I'm reading your mind .....watch ....

*** touches fingers to temples and makes a funny aum noise ***

You feel like going to Surfer's Point today and relaxing on the beach in-between rounds of playing in the water

*** psychic experience ends ***

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Don't know where Surfer's Point is but it sounds great, I know I'd certainly prefer to do that than be at work right now.
Southwest tip of Australia. It was my little sisters favorite beach when she lived there.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1 - 20 of 25 Posts