Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whether you've known them forever or just met them, what's the thing that puts you over the edge to make a move on someone? What action/question do you prefer to be your first move?

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
I don't ever make a move on guys. :unsure:

However, there was this one time when a guy kept asking me out on dates, yet never made a physical move on me. I had no idea whether he was gay or what. So one night I just blurted out in frustration "What the hell are we doing?". And from that point he figured I liked him so he kissed me and yada yada yada we ended up in a relationship.

Reactions: Jazibelle

·
Registered
4,627 Posts
I used to be all about making moves on guys, but I have retired that phase. I think generally I could tell they were interested in me, so I would wait for them to make a move, then when they didn't I would get very frustrated and make a move to ease my annoyance. Haha. After my relationships consistently failed with guys I had pursued, I decided to stop the whole chaser thing and resign to being the chasee. It's been far more enjoyable.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'd never make a move on someone that I've just met.

I would just go for it-- the moment that I can erase all of my doubt and say with confidence that I love her.

Ideally speaking, I would take her on a date, and at a special spot, I'll probably hold her and whisper it in her ear.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
However, there was this one time when a guy kept asking me out on dates, yet never made a physical move on me. I had no idea whether he was gay or what.
What's homosexuality got to do with that? He kept asking you out and obviously respected you enough not to make a physical move on you.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Are we talking about a dating environment or just casual friendly acquaintances? I can't really talk for women, but I decide to go for it if I can read the non verbal cues correctly. I look for darker pupils, leaning in when she talks, smiling, laughing, and if I catch her looking at my lips. Without a doubt If she touches me, and even the slightest touch a couple of times, I know I'm golden. I find most women make the first move, but they don't even know it.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
What's homosexuality got to do with that? He kept asking you out and obviously respected you enough not to make a physical move on you.
Okay, let me clarify. We met doing musical theater. It is rare to find a straight man in that environment. I was grounded in the reality that I might have been falling for someone who wasn't interested in my goods.

I find most women make the first move, but they don't even know it.
Okay, and my above example is with an ENFP man. You guys seem to need the woman to make the first move or something. Argh....drives me nuts.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
Okay, let me clarify. We met doing musical theater. It is rare to find a straight man in that environment. I was grounded in the reality that I might have been falling for someone who wasn't interested in my goods.
Why is it rare? Straight males make up the vast majority of men, and I doubt the stereotypes about gay men and musical theatre are all that accurate. Maybe you mean it's rare to find a straight man in that environment to whom you are attracted?

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Well, I also test the waters too. I will also touch them ever so gently in conversation and see how she responds, and invade her space. At the end of the day I am the one that goes in for the first kiss but I idealize women too much to go against their will.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Why is it rare? Straight males make up the vast majority of men, and I doubt the stereotypes about gay men and musical theatre are all that accurate. Maybe you mean it's rare to find a straight man in that environment to whom you are attracted?
Hahaha. No. Sorry. This is not an assumption. There is one place where being a straight male puts you in the minority. It's musical theater. And I wouldn't want it any other way. It makes a very powerful force, especially on Broadway.

Don't stop before you get to the #1 reason :wink:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.