Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was able to know at least 4 INTPs in my entire life. I started out scoring as an INTP in my initial discovery of MBTI, which was about a couple of years ago.

By default, I would assume that INTPs, if I ever get to find one, would be the most fun people to hang out with, by virtue of me being NeTi dominant myself. I thought that this is something that common sense would tell me.

However, out of the 4 INTPs that I got to know, I really like only 1. The others look like somehow stuck in an extended quarter life crisis, and it's taking a toll.

I was thinking if, in INTPs, there'd this tendency to develop a really deep rooted extended angst if self awareness isn't developed.

Lucky for me, I'm among the few (including the other NeTi dominant peeps who got the MBTI gist) who's able to get some external leverage (e.g., meeting and knowing compatible archetypes: INFP, ENFJ, INTJ, ENFP, INFJ, etc), where the feeling of isolation is realistically diminished.

It takes quite a bit of luck and a real strategic sense of character management to be able to achieve growth, and I was wondering if you guys are able to know people of the same archetype who probably didn't get a sense of epiphany of what they really are. After all, our dominant functions (Ti, Ne) are heavily misunderstood. Maybe some of us actually still having a hard time figuring out ourselves through our own means. I mean, what do we get to read about ourselves when we don't get to know MBTI? We'd probably think that we're having ADHD.

It gave me a hunch that possibly, compared to any other type, INTPs growth diverge so different from one INTP to the next that they range from the really likable to the super obnoxious. I don't see this much variation in any other type.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Good observation. I would wonder the same thing. I just realized that introversion was not a bad thing maybe a year ago, when I read "The Introvert Advantage." I can´t tell you whether I´ve developed well or not since I´m still in the process, and anything I say now would simply be a comment on my current status. As of now I´m sort of going through some sort of a revolution. We´ll see if it turns out well or not. However, knowing other MBTI types and not blaming others for not connecting with me simply by understanding that others have different ways of filtering life and its contexts has really helped me to feel a bit less of that sturm und drang of being a rare type and being frequently misunderstood. One has to be dedicated to learning a little more about others in order to know one´s self. Without this urge, it would be like not being able to build a bridge for lack of a place to start from.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts