Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Most INTP's, like most introverted types, like their comfort zone. Most like it to be cozy and unmotivated because things are calm, serene, and okay.

However, a lot of INTP's have moments of urges to challenge themselves to go above and beyond because they are either bored or dissatisfied with where they're currently at in life.

Such that, they often seek the company of people; often strangers, to carry out whatever challenges there may be. Be they communication barriers, social interaction, adventures, whatever have you, the INTP would step outside the confines of their cave for a moment in time to experience something new.

For a lot of INTP's, getting up, dressing up, and showing up is a feat in itself. However, for most other people in the world, it's not enough even though the INTP put forth the effort. Not all INTP's are the same, and not all INTP's share identical interests. The other party may or may not initially acknowledge this fact that not all INTP's are made as clones.

So what happens? Usually the INTP is left hanging with what went wrong, and reliving the moments over what could've gone another way.

Which brings forth the topic... when getting up, dressing up, and showing up is simply not enough, what else can one do? or is there nothing else that can be done, such that it is what it is?

·
Registered
447 Posts
Zip-ties, an extra large blanket, and a shovel.

...[/joke]

If you're referring to the dating sense, I don't know. But if you're referring to any other, attitude man. If you don't go in there with a bit of swagger, where's the fun in playing dress up?

Think of girl INTP's for a moment. We had to put on make-up, maybe a skirt or dress, a slip, knee-highs or hoes, ridiculously high heals or painfully short flats, do our hair, and make sure we don't make a fool of ourselves when we totally forget we've dressed up nice that day. If you don't show off that you have some pride in how much effort you've put into making yourself look amazing, I don't know who will.

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
Most INTP's, like most introverted types, like their comfort zone. Most like it to be cozy and unmotivated because things are calm, serene, and okay.

However, a lot of INTP's have moments of urges to challenge themselves to go above and beyond because they are either bored or dissatisfied with where they're currently at in life.

Such that, they often seek the company of people; often strangers, to carry out whatever challenges there may be. Be they communication barriers, social interaction, adventures, whatever have you, the INTP would step outside the confines of their cave for a moment in time to experience something new.

For a lot of INTP's, getting up, dressing up, and showing up is a feat in itself. However, for most other people in the world, it's not enough even though the INTP put forth the effort. Not all INTP's are the same, and not all INTP's share identical interests. The other party may or may not initially acknowledge this fact that not all INTP's are made as clones.

So what happens? Usually the INTP is left hanging with what went wrong, and reliving the moments over what could've gone another way.

Which brings forth the topic... when getting up, dressing up, and showing up is simply not enough, what else can one do? or is there nothing else that can be done, such that it is what it is?
I don't know how many times I've uttered the statement, "I'm out of the house, I'm not naked, what more do you want?" That said, it is what it is. I do get disgusted initially when my herculean efforts at something outside of my comfort zone aren't appreciated, but it's temporary. I can always go back to my cozy unmotivated comfort zone.

Honestly, that's why it's so important to have that zone for yourself. You can only control your actions, reactions and (hopefully) immediate surroundings. It would be great if your best efforts made more than a small ripple around you, but that's not always the case. It's also not the end of the world. Go back to that comfort zone and recharge until your next outing.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
This is so incredibly vague. Defining "what more can be done" depends entirely on the occasion and what you're trying to accomplish. Job interview, dating, social networking, giving a presentation, wedding, funeral, school prom... the list goes on. Atleast those are instances where you would need to "dress up". If you are simply talking about getting dressed in general then this is going to be a completely different conversation...

·
Not a Robot
2,152 Posts
This is so incredibly vague. Defining "what more can be done" depends entirely on the occasion and what you're trying to accomplish. Job interview, dating, social networking, giving a presentation, wedding, funeral, school prom... the list goes on. Atleast those are instances where you would need to "dress up". If you are simply talking about getting dressed in general then this is going to be a completely different conversation...
I don't know, my take on it was that the issue wasn't with dressing up, but with putting forth a concerted effort to do something or achieve something that isn't normal for you, and that effort not even being noticed. Some people may take your efforts for granted and not realize or appreciate how much it took for you.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Bahahaha!!! So true! The world just expects too much from us. I could easily never leave the house again. Has anyone else tried to break their own record for not showering and pretending a week is just a really long day....no, just me? Oh :/

·
Banned
802 Posts
Zip-ties, an extra large blanket, and a shovel.

...[/joke]

If you're referring to the dating sense, I don't know. But if you're referring to any other, attitude man. If you don't go in there with a bit of swagger, where's the fun in playing dress up?

Think of girl INTP's for a moment. We had to put on make-up, maybe a skirt or dress, a slip, knee-highs or hoes, ridiculously high heals or painfully short flats, do our hair, and make sure we don't make a fool of ourselves when we totally forget we've dressed up nice that day. If you don't show off that you have some pride in how much effort you've put into making yourself look amazing, I don't know who will.
Yeah when I do that people are like "Woooowww. You look beautiful" as if I suddenly came to existence.
I'm just like "Yeah don't be so surprised I've dressed. I do that sometimes." :laughing:

Reactions: qingdom

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The topic is meant to be vague as the plethora of scenarios exist, thus open for interpretation.

A person has only a finite amount of energy to emit on a daily basis.

Quite often, most introverts would have tried their best or believe they had, but their best to most others may not be enough. Without feedback, there's no room for growth. Without a new approach or insight, there's not much to 'learn' even though INTP's are great observers and listeners.

Although a typical INTP has a crapton of patience at his/her disposal, the individual does not have an unlimited supply of energy to constantly and/or consistently to 'retry' if things don't work out the first time around.

First date fails, Interview rejected, Social interaction dejection, Contest defeat, and the list goes on.

The point I'm trying to make is, most people encourage to keep trying, but if there's no positive return to come from retrying, I don't think it's an INTP thing, but such instances will take a toll on an individual to simply give up ... especially when they reach the point of saying "What's the use?", "I'm not good enough", "It's a waste of time; especially mine.", etc.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Arriving at some location clothed and on time is an applause worthy feat in my book. I am the arbiter of my own delusional reality and if no one will recognize my achievement, fuck'em, I was perfectly comfortable in my chair.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
I have trained my humans to be suitably floored with gratitude and appreciation when I show up someplace by consistently turning down almost every invitation given.

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
when getting up, dressing up, and showing up is simply not enough, what else can one do? or is there nothing else that can be done, such that it is what it is?
Why getting up, dressing up and showing up when that's all you plan to do? Is that some kind of naivety that the other party will add all that's missing when you show up?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts