·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fill in the blank:

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
When I was a kid I was louder and more emotional. As the years went by I became quieter and more cognitive.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
When I was a kid, I used to kick people's shins when they pissed me off.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
... I was crying all the time (only and very very spoiled child). Now I go even a year without a tear. And I was suffering for anxiety a lot. Thank god for internet, for discovering people similar to me, which made me overgrow it.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
[Edit].......

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I used to sit in the closet with a flashlight and read books for hours. Also liked hiding out in clothes hampers, (clean) garbage cans, anything with a lid, where I could just be alone and people couldn't find me. I hid in a wood stove one time. Boy that was a mess.

In school I was an A student except for the C I got in home ec, I hated the teacher, and it was mutual, she didn't know what to do with me since I wouldn't bend to her rules, I guess I didn't respect her. I loved wood shop and it was the highlight of my school years. I still enjoy building furniture, I don't have enough space at home to do it, but I love those new places where you can take your projects in and work on them in their stores with their tools and they clean up the mess :tongue:

·
Registered
3,083 Posts
When I was a kid I was louder and more emotional. As the years went by I became quieter and more cognitive.
When I was a kid I was a brat whose solution to conflict typically was to beat the other guy up. Worked well I may add (though I always felt bad about it afterwards). Stopped doing that around 5th or 6th grade though :tongue:
Both of these basically described me. I also remember I used to be a complete LEGO fanatic. Nowadays I am very much the guy everyone comes to when something needs fixing, be it computer, car, house repairs. Was and still am a big swimmer, love the feeling of being surrounded by water.

Also have taken it upon myself to feed my Se side more and more. Currently been using a kneaded rubber eraser as clay, and ill just sit around molding stuff out of it.

Reactions: Ugunti

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was always restless, and being very sports oriented. My dad use to think I was up to no good if I was out late at night. But generally I was just out hanging out with my close friends, playing basketball, tennis or something.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
When I was a kid I was very, very introverted. There is video evidence of me in preschool ignoring groups of adults and playing preschoolers to do my own thing (eat rice crispy treats), and blatantly giving the cold shoulder to anyone trying to interact with me. The only person I willingly interact with during the whole video, and it's a long one because my dad forgot the camera was running, is my dad.

Not much has changed. :mellow: Except now I rarely even willingly interact with my dad.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Was and still am a big swimmer, love the feeling of being surrounded by water.
I take super long showers and that's where I do my thinking, get my best ideas and solve problems.

·
Registered
247 Posts
^same here re: showers.

When I was a kid, I was super shy and timid. I didn't have many friends, and hated being in groups of people. Played alone most of the time. Got excellent grades, was always the teacher's pet, real goody two shoes type, only with no friends. It all changed in the 8th grade when I went ballistic and started behaving the EXACT opposite. But that was more a reaction to home life than any sort of natural development.

I'm still a loner, but I'm no longer timid or super shy.

1 - 20 of 555 Posts