Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What distinct u from other Facebook users? Let me begin:

1.Before writing a status, i'd worry for hours that nobody is going to Like or Comment my status

2.If nobody comment my status, I'll delete it after 30 min coz people will think i have NO FRIENDS!
(overly self conscious)

3. Once,i would delete anything i wrote at comment boxes (at my Wall) coz i was afraid visitors will judge me when they read my rubbish talks :sad:

4. I spend about 30 min drafting a status. Usually not many friends comment my status, coz i dont have that many friends whom im emotionally connected with..Those who comment r only my very close frends :crying:

What about u ?

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
I don't really care if no one comments on my status'.

The only thing I do is delete where it says what you just liked,or if you're friends
with someone now just accepted a request
or if you commented on something,or joined something.
I don't why I do that.

that's the only thing I do though haha

·
Registered
4,393 Posts
2.If nobody comment my status, I'll delete it after 30 min coz people will think i have NO FRIENDS!
(overly self conscious)

3. Once,i would delete anything i wrote at comment boxes (at my Wall) coz i was afraid visitors will judge me when they read my rubbish talks :sad:
Ironically, these are the kinds of things that cause people to lose friends. It makes you not interesting in the eyes of others.

4,757 Posts
I'm completely insane and ridiculous with my friends and I forget that random acquaintances can see what I've been doing. It's a bit embarrassing. Also I'm willing to bet that most previous acquaintance/friends never saw that side of me so it's a fun surprise for them. :tongue:

I go through cycles of being on facebook - either I'm constantly posting weird things on it or I've completely withdrawn and am contemplating deleting my account. I'm in the latter phase right now.

·
Registered
326 Posts
... pigs fly.

EDIT: wha? I thought we were supposed to complete the phrase started in the Thread Title. Well OK, I might be extrapolating my own opinion to the entire INFP crowd a little... but all of my friends hate Facebook too (well no that wouldn't count, since I suspect them to be INTxs of some sort, but... nevermind.)

·
Registered
615 Posts
I rarely post statuses. I'm also a bit self conscious, I suppose. I have temp deleted my fb accounts three times so far, and I am feeling ( just slightly ) anti-social as of late. Generally, my statuses have really little originality ( I'm a complete wimp ) and is only posted so I could continue to communicate with people I would be too shy to initiate conversations with. I do like the private messaging, though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have an INFP friend, she loves facebook and is hoooooked.

Reactions: ivorynightgown

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
I am so lame when it comes to facebook. I have given up on updating my status, but it was usually about something funny that had went on that day or my random repetitive thoughts. I also played games a lot like those film and t.v. quizzes and farmville because I loved listening to that song. Now I have basically abandoned my account, just respond to e-mails from friends when I get them.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I've noticed one that comments on how depressed his life is... another friend who hasn't taken the test who I suspect is INFP also posts depression statuses. My other INFP friend mostly posts about things he cares about... vote for our schools drama program that he's in, etc.

Their ignorance of the superficiality of facebook makes me pity them. They post things expecting to have everyone jump in and sympathize with them... I do my best but everyone has so many "friends" that no one will see their status to post to it, even if they did care.

I really only maintain a facebook account on the chance that a girl who likes me is on there and visits my page a ton every day.

·
Banned
29 Posts
I filter any public posts on the internet. I tend to project an image of calmness and intelligence, when in reality, I'm quite insane. I regulate myself so strictly because I fear judgement and criticism.

I untag any unattractive photographs of myself because others will see them and have a skewed opinion of my attractiveness.

As an introvert, it's a great way to communicate with others. It's a substitute for a more personal way of contacting them, but the intensity of the sentiment can still be aptly expressed.

Also, I'm creepy. I'm so curious about others and Facebook allows me to evaluate them in a cheap but satisfying way.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I'm only on Facebook to post in the Facebook INFP Group. I have two Facebook accounts (yes I know that breaks their Terms of Service). One's for networking. The other has the couple of people I want to keep track of. I'm much more active on Twitter.

Facebook is the friends you use to have. Twitter is the friends you wish you had.

Reactions: INFPwn

·
Registered
150 Posts
What distinct u from other Facebook users? Let me begin:

1.Before writing a status, i'd worry for hours that nobody is going to Like or Comment my status

(overly self conscious)

4. I spend about 30 min drafting a status. Usually not many friends comment my status, coz i dont have that many friends whom im emotionally connected with..Those who comment r only my very close frends :crying:

What about u ?
I tend not to care if people comment on my status, I know some of my friends read it and will say something about it later.I usually post whats running through my mind at that moment, most of which does not require feedback. For example one day I posted abut how good Bleu Cheese taste on hamburgers. I try not to get caught up in the whole Facebook popularity contest. Your Facebook page represents your individuality, you should be able to represent that without people being overly judgmental.

On a funnier note, between all the Mafia Wars gift request, Farmville request, and Cafe world invites other peoples statuses can be hard to see. Don't take it too personal if your friends take a bit of time or don't respond immediately:wink: (Well at least try not to that is)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm completely insane and ridiculous with my friends and I forget that random acquaintances can see what I've been doing. It's a bit embarrassing. Also I'm willing to bet that most previous acquaintance/friends never saw that side of me so it's a fun surprise for them. :tongue:

I go through cycles of being on facebook - either I'm constantly posting weird things on it or I've completely withdrawn and am contemplating deleting my account. I'm in the latter phase right now.
Ya, i go completely insane too on FB, saying things i wont say in real time conversations.How is it that u r okay if random acquaintances see what u've been doing, coz, im always on alert...alwiz thinkin that they'll form a negative perception of me (e.g oh she is soo sceptic..God, her language..)

Haha ya i think many of us go thru the phases too (active, passive, shutdown, contemplating to delete acc). i hope u'll be able to make ur decision soon :cool:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm only on Facebook to post in the Facebook INFP Group. I have two Facebook accounts (yes I know that breaks their Terms of Service). One's for networking. The other has the couple of people I want to keep track of. I'm much more active on Twitter.

Facebook is the friends you use to have. Twitter is the friends you wish you had.
First of all, yeah i saw un on INFP page, ur using d same profile pic :)
I tried Twitter,i only followed famous celebrities n after a few days i get bored n never log in again.
I dont see it yet how ppl r enjoying twitter..

4,757 Posts
Ya, i go completely insane too on FB, saying things i wont say in real time conversations.How is it that u r okay if random acquaintances see what u've been doing, coz, im always on alert...alwiz thinkin that they'll form a negative perception of me (e.g oh she is soo sceptic..God, her language..)

Haha ya i think many of us go thru the phases too (active, passive, shutdown, contemplating to delete acc). i hope u'll be able to make ur decision soon :cool:
It's just that I've reached a phase in my life (after a mental breakdown then therapy lol) where I'm more open with who I am. I don't necessarily think that everyone is judging me badly - I try to assume neutrality until I get some real feedback. It's freeing to be able to be yourself around others - also I'm lucky that I have a core of friends who really accept me as I am --- they are the people I think about when I post on facebook, not the dozens of other random people who I vaguely know.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
... pigs fly.

EDIT: wha? I thought we were supposed to complete the phrase started in the Thread Title. Well OK, I might be extrapolating my own opinion to the entire INFP crowd a little... but all of my friends hate Facebook too (well no that wouldn't count, since I suspect them to be INTxs of some sort, but... nevermind.)
haha, thanx for completing the phrase started...i didnt thought it to be that way but nvr mind

sadly, all of my friends are hooked up to FB so im just gona just stay in the boat..:dry:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I tend not to care if people comment on my status, I know some of my friends read it and will say something about it later.I usually post whats running through my mind at that moment, most of which does not require feedback. For example one day I posted abut how good Bleu Cheese taste on hamburgers. I try not to get caught up in the whole Facebook popularity contest. Your Facebook page represents your individuality, you should be able to represent that without people being overly judgmental.

On a funnier note, between all the Mafia Wars gift request, Farmville request, and Cafe world invites other peoples statuses can be hard to see. Don't take it too personal if your friends take a bit of time or don't respond immediately:wink: (Well at least try not to that is)
KioBravo

Didnt u notice that beginning a few months ago,we no longer will see the game requests? the requests hav been separated by FB,we now only see statuses n other firends current activity like X is now frends wth Y and X commented on Y status. Thanks 4 ur advice, im going to try (try think ppl r actually neutral)

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
My statuses tend to be a full paragraph and reflective on either who I am or the nature of life.

My notes tend to be essays or poems. I don't do those stupid questionaire things.

My boxes are all about personality, politics, or philanthropy. No "flair" or "superpoke" or WTFever.

I often delete and rewrite things I put on Facebook.

I know almost all my Facebook friends (probably at least 90-95%) IRL.

I never post anything on Facebook that I would have a problem with my future potential employers seeing, or anybody at all, for that matter. For example, I gradually decided it was okay to "come out" on my Facebook page and make it publicly viewable, because I figured I didn't want to work for anyone who wouldn't hire me if I was gay, and I don't care about anyone's opinion who would have a problem with me being gay. :cool: Plus, typically I find your life is better in every way when you live more transparently.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I rarely post statuses. I'm also a bit self conscious, I suppose. I have temp deleted my fb accounts three times so far, and I am feeling ( just slightly ) anti-social as of late. Generally, my statuses have really little originality ( I'm a complete wimp ) and is only posted so I could continue to communicate with people I would be too shy to initiate conversations with. I do like the private messaging, though.
Yea love the private messaging too :tongue:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts