Personality Cafe banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, friends. Today i would like to ask all of you about "What would you do if people look down on you? I try to cherish our friendship and to be friendly to them. But sometimes they throw jokes on me and bully me. Tell me i am stupid and they believe that they are better than me. They told me that on my face. At first i can tolerate their acts but so far i feel tired and stay away from them. I try to ignore them. I only talking when it's important matter or job related matter. However i am not happy doing this. But to be close to them again also hard for me. Would you please kindly give me some advice about this? Is it okay to act like this?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Discuss the hostile work environment with your boss or HR and if nothing gets fixed, find a new job.
Thanks for your suggestion but to do something like that isn't easy. I am not close with my boss, it's hard to tell something like this. But if it's worse i will.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Hello, friends. Today i would like to ask all of you about "What would you do if people look down on you? I try to cherish our friendship and to be friendly to them. But sometimes they throw jokes on me and bully me. Tell me i am stupid and they believe that they are better than me. They told me that on my face. At first i can tolerate their acts but so far i feel tired and stay away from them. I try to ignore them. I only talking when it's important matter or job related matter. However i am not happy doing this. But to be close to them again also hard for me. Would you please kindly give me some advice about this? Is it okay to act like this?
You’re an already independent person because you can carry yourself regardless of what people think. Go through life ignoring the negative views of other people. You are stronger for having done that

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Realize this: when people sneer down upon you, it says more about them than it does you. If they talk to you with such disdain, it’s a mere reflection of how tiny they are as people. There are many more things life has to offer you.

You’re right to want to let go. In fact, you can probably find something to learn and broaden your horizons with. What are these people to you anyway? They are toxic.

Can you imagine having to live life in their shoes? To be so insecure, miserable, and small-minded? I feel sorry for people like that, because it shows you they have nothing bright in their lives going for them. They are petty, and that is how their lives will likely ALWAYS be. Unless they change, which is HIGHLY unlikely.

Be GLAD they did you a favor. You see them for who they are, so you no longer have anything to owe them- no anymosity, no remorse, no resentment but only to wish them luck and find your own path.

There is so much more to life, and thank goodness they saved you time so now you can be free to meet more kind and like-minded folks who will value you as a person.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
call them pervs.

jk. look, support yourself financially and find your support group. nothing else matters.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You could try asking them why they joke about you at your expense and bully you so much the next time it happens. If they don't get the hint that it bothers you, then tell them it's very hurtful.

They may or may not change, but at least you've stood up for yourself and gave them a chance to be a friend.

After that, if they decide not to change, then you know they're not a friend. It'll just keep hurting you if you even try to consider them as one. Getting rid of that internal conflict will help you feel a lot better too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts