Personality Cafe banner

When reading through the forums, can you usually relate to your personality type?

• Yes, usually I can relate.

Votes: 403 65.5%
  • Sometimes I can relate.

Votes: 182 29.6%
  • No, I can't relate.

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • I don't know my personality type but I can relate.

Votes: 12 2.0%
  • I don't know my personality type and I can't relate.

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • I don't have a personality type but I can relate.

Votes: 5 0.8%
  • I don't have a personality type and I can't relate.

Votes: 3 0.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Nope.

I'm either ENTP or ENFP.

I can relate to most of the ENTPs, but they get annoyingly cocky. Most of them really aren't "all that". lol, neither am I, but neither are they.

The ENFPs annoy me because they always talk about sappy, moral, cutesy feely crap, and they're always too annoyingly dreamy. Though I do relate to their lack of organization. :crazy:

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I put sometimes.

I see a lot of differences on the surface yet sometimes somewhere below the surface I see the same sort of thinking lurking which is quite interesting.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Sometimes.

I wish more ENTPs were better at spelling and grammar, and that ENFPs and ESTPs would stop freakin' mistyping all the time. GAH.

Did I mention that a lot of ENTPs need to improve their English? Seriously, it pisses me off. I'll keep saying it.

Oh, to be an intellectual extrovert. :dry:

·
Premium Member
10,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
This polls surprised me.:mellow:

I was assuming we'd have more votes in the "I don't" options.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I wish more ENTPs were better at spelling and grammar
Did I mention that a lot of ENTPs need to improve their English?
I don't know about my grammar and punctuation and the such, but I at least think my spelling is ok :laughing:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Sometimes. There's some topics I can relate to quite a bit on so many levels, and then there's some where I can understand what they're talking about, but can't relate to. It's a mixed bag, but then again, my enneagram isn't that common on the INFP forums .-.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
how do people not know their personality type? within a week or so of studying MBTI, it should be pretty obvious. Whats even worse is that people think they don't even HAVE a personality type! I can't even begin to explain how retarded that is.

·
Registered
69 Posts
how do people not know their personality type? within a week or so of studying MBTI, it should be pretty obvious. Whats even worse is that people think they don't even HAVE a personality type! I can't even begin to explain how retarded that is.
Don't be narrow minded. Studying MBTI for a week may well be enticing to you but it could make others run for the hills. They could just be here to find people who are like them with no great intention to find out exactly what their personality type is.
On that point i don't really know exactly what my personality type is, i did a few tests and came up INTJ and after reading some descriptions felt like i could relate to a few parts of each description. The types are just ways of describing brain functions, my type doesn't define who i am otherwise i'd be a carbon copy of the next INTJ. (Which i'm not because i can only sometimes relate to what other INTJs say).

Furthermore, how do you know that everyone has a personality type. Who is to say that there isn't an anomaly in the system. People may well be proclaiming not to have a type because they don't want to find out what it is. To be confined by what they see as a cage on the infinite wonder of the mind. It's not retarded at all, just different from how you view the world. Try not to get righteous.

·
Registered
6,558 Posts
I can sometimes relate to other ISTP's. Unlike the majority of ISTP's on the ISTP forum I seem to have some INFJ characteristics.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.