Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!

Whenever you're stessed out, do you either
1) Find people? :- ask people to go out with you and start talking about your problem
2) OR Go into seclusion? :- lock yourself in a room and wait till the stress passes away

I was wondering whether this has anything to do with MBTI type.
As an ENTJ, if I'm stressed, I prefer to go into seclusion; just me and god

What about you guys?

Reactions: Jojo

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
When I'm stressed out I go into seclusion for a while and work on relaxing and getting back to normal. Once I start feeling better I enjoy being around people for some laughs.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When I'm stressed out I go into seclusion for a while and work on relaxing and getting back to normal. Once I start feeling better I enjoy being around people for some laughs.
Your MBTI Type?

·
Banned
605 Posts
Creating distance between me and the problem makes it easier to look at it more objectively, thus easier to solve it. So, seclusion.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm... I've alway thought it's an E vs I thing

E when stressed go into seclusion
I when stressed find people

Seems not true....

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Seclusion.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I'll seclude.

But I'll search for distraction, once I decide I'm in a better state of mind.
Others will be a form of distraction, as will many other things.

·
Banned
605 Posts
Hmm... I've alway thought it's an E vs I thing

E when stressed go into seclusion
I when stressed find people

Seems not true....
Why would you think an introvert would want to seek out people when they're already stressed? That seems incredibly counter-intuitive. People are draining and often stress-inducers. I could see it being an F-T thing though. F types are more people-oriented than T's. I'd still expect an introverted F to seek solitude to deal with stress and then come back out to be with people afterward.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I need to talk it through, but it's only a very select group of people I will talk to. If anyone else comes along while I'm stressed I tend to go into seclusion but that's never helpful and I always try to find the 'right' person to talk to.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
When I'm stressed out, I tend to shut people out completely. But I have a habit of ignoring the problem/source of the stress. Shutting people out is a way of shutting out any mention of the source of the stress, even if they may want to help. I'm not sure why I do that, though...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I most certainly go into seclusion. I either rant about it on Wordpad or something, or I shut off the Internet and put on a comedy just to keep my mind off of the stress until it goes away.

I secretly wish to talk to people about it, but talking about my current situation and my feelings is rather difficult. Getting a short hug or a pat on the back is somewhat appreciated in situations like that.

Reactions: Neon Knight

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Why would you think an introvert would want to seek out people when they're already stressed? That seems incredibly counter-intuitive. People are draining and often stress-inducers. I could see it being an F-T thing though. F types are more people-oriented than T's. I'd still expect an introverted F to seek solitude to deal with stress and then come back out to be with people afterward.
I read somewhere that when a person is stressed out he will resort to his third and forth function; the function he normally ignores. So an ENTJ will become ISFP, and INFP will become ESTJ....etc...

But you have a point.. cause women wants to talk it out when they are stressed (hence the T vs F)

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
But you have a point.. cause women wants to talk it out when they are stressed (hence the T vs F)
That gets pretty dicey when you have a T woman and a F man. When I was first studying typology, I had read T/F is the only dichotomy that the man/woman ratio (T being 2/3 men, and F being 2/3 women). But, now I don't put much stock into those statistics.

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
ENFP- when I'm stressed I go inward and ride out my Fi.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts