Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen this situation before. I'll be off doing my own thing (ISTP specialty), and the EXXX type notices. The EXXX doesn't like it and assumes command. There is not a chance in hell walking away from this.

Personally I've had a few skirmishes like this, but nothing major. With as bad as things are getting in my own life with extroverts, it may be a good idea to do some planning should the need for a snap decision arise.

Normally an insta-kill would work, but that's only if the EXXX type is open minded in the matter. I've had my fair share of wins in that category and the few losses. In this style of scenario, the EXXX is close minded. How do you deal with this scenario? How would you propose dealing with this scenario?

[Edit] I believe this is essentially to protect my Fi, Fe or whatever the feeler function is.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I guess as we get older we just get crotchety. I don't even have the patience to try to be nice anymore. So if they are not somebody I am obliged to tolerate (boss, family) I try to see how upset I can make them just for the pure sport of it.

·
Registered
5,694 Posts
Okay, so what if the EXXX type is your boss. And even after you say, "I've got it covered" your boss wants you to do it his/her way. What do you do?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, so what if the EXXX type is your boss. And even after you say, "I've got it covered" your boss wants you to do it his/her way. What do you do?
Well, assuming you are our boss, we report you to the proper authorities for all of the crap you've pulled. You know, the kind that you should have been thrown in jail or sued for.

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
That's what it is like with me and my E relatives, particularly judgers. They see me doing my own thing and put themselves in my shoes. They think, "If that were me, I would be really bored. I would want to do something else." So, they take control. They want to take me here here and there, and do this and that

But, I don't want them to put themselves in my shoes. I want them to stay the hell away from my shoes and let me be. But, I can't say that because they're family and they mean well. I think most people "mean well", they just can't understand that I don't need them to be my life coach.

To me, it's like an attack. Like, they're saying something is wrong with me personally. But, they really believe they're being helpful. So, I always try to keep that in mind. And hey, maybe it is because I am young that I put up with more. I don't know. I'm not a pushover, but I get no pleasure out of being rude. Like thoughtprocess said up there, I think the best way to deal is to be polite, but firm. I don't mind being thought of as obstinate, just so long as I get my way.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
That's what it is like with me and my E relatives, particularly judgers. They see me doing my own thing and put themselves in my shoes. They think, "If that were me, I would be really bored. I would want to do something else." So, they take control. They want to take me here here and there, and do this and that

But, I don't want them to put themselves in my shoes. I want them to stay the hell away from my shoes and let me be. But, I can't say that because they're family and they mean well. I think most people "mean well", they just can't understand that I don't need them to be my life coach.

To me, it's like an attack. Like, they're saying something is wrong with me personally. But, they really believe they're being helpful. So, I always try to keep that in mind. And hey, maybe it is because I am young that I put up with more. I don't know. I'm not a pushover, but I get no pleasure out of being rude. Like thoughtprocess said up there, I think the best way to deal is to be polite, but firm. I don't mind being thought of as obstinate, just so long as I get my way.
Always walk a mile in somebody's shoes before you judge them.

That way, by the time you realize they are an idiot you're a mile away, and you have their shoes.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm no one's boss but my own. It's just a question.
Alright, I'll humor you.

If someone comes along and tells me that my way, that I've proven to myself to work for myself, is the wrong way of doing something they better be able to prove to me why their way is more efficient or "better". If it seems plausible and wasn't presented in an over-bearing manner, I'll give it an honest effort.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Well, assuming you are our boss, we report you to the proper authorities for all of the crap you've pulled. You know, the kind that you should have been thrown in jail or sued for.
haha, that's awesome.. seriously, these people just don't get it do they?

·
Registered
85 Posts
*Hands out Uzi* Come brother, it's time we took back the board. The battle awaits, what say you?
Beyond grabs an Uzi in each hand and runs off towards the ENTJ boards laughing hysterically like a psychopath. About half way there he bumps into an NF girl crying. He asks her whats wrong and gets distracted by her many answers for the next thirty minutes or so. Once he comes to his senses he realizes he is now a little depressed and way to lazy to go bug the ENTJs for no good reason. Especially not just because of one tiny troll that seems to somehow think she is clever and subtle, trying to provoke ISTPs in such a blatantly obvious manor.

Sorry if I couldn't think of a good answer to your question ZC but thanks for the toys. Unfortunately the NF girl(wife) says I'm not allowed to keep them if I run around with them laughing hysterically like a psychopath. But she did say you could use my bazooka if ya want it! I know you already have a pants cannon though so it's up to you.

:tongue:

·
Registered
435 Posts
About half way there he bumps into an NF girl crying. He asks her whats wrong and gets distracted by her many answers for the next thirty minutes or so. Once he comes to his senses he realizes he is now a little depressed and way to lazy to go bug the ENTJs for no good reason. Especially not just because of one tiny troll that seems to somehow think she is clever and subtle, trying to provoke ISTPs in such a blatantly obvious manor.

Why not enter the ENTJ forum and bother them? they do the same to you, for no good reason.

Also, come on now.. "bumps into an NF girl crying. He asks her whats wrong and gets distracted by her many answers for the next thirty minutes or so."
Give us a little more credit.. I do realize that this generalization does hold some merit, however the more intelligent ENFPs understand how to get to the point and we can utilize the variety of our abilities in a very efficient manner. Careful around us because a very intelligent ENFP can read your mind and peer into your soul, noticing every emotional-association within a 5 minute conversation and challenge any thought or logic you may throw our way... Don't forget emotions are powerful enough to drive much of human behavior.... especially impulses.

Disclaimer, maybe I am rare, but the ENFP forums make me feel as if I've lost brain cells when reading them on occasion.

And really, crying has never been my style...

ISTPs, you guys are my favorite because there are no games, and no drama, and I've had some of the best conversations with your type.. to feed my sensory and logical hunger. I'd hang out with you all before any other type and validate the heck out of your entire world.

Reactions: Beyond

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
ISTPs, you guys are my favorite because there are no games, and no drama, and I've had some of the best conversations with your type.. to feed my sensory and logical hunger. I'd hang out with you all before any other type and validate the heck out of your entire world.
Great. Can you make us some sandwiches, too?

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
If it were my boss that came to me and suggested that I do it a certain way, and I already have a tried and true way of doing it, I would tell my boss respectfully but frankly that I do it this way and it works just fine. I've done that in the past, and it worked. But my boss was ISFJ (not an EXXX type). Ah...the micro-manager...I think I always took her aback, because I refused to be micro-managed. I can still see the look on her face when I said, thanks, but no thanks, we do it like this. She was surprised, but grateful in a way too.

Anyway, I digress. When an EXXX type tries to take me "in hand", I just give them the death stare. If they know me well enough, they back off quickly.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts