Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I do find that I’m predicting like crazy how this will all change us and I think our type Is actually more flexible than most with big changes. It’s probably important to others and It’s important to my well-being to keep laughing. A bit of gallows humor has been creeping in too and I think it’s actually got to be healthy . A meme I saw said “Stay at home or a dermatologist might intubated you.” True that we are trying to use outpatient professionals in areas they usually aren’t practicing in.

At any rate, here are a few funny things I’m into right now, some of them a bit SI-comforting to me. I’m also finding all of the changes fascinating and rolling with it.

We are cooking more. I cook a lot anyway, but more now and I never made hashbrowns in my life before the other day. This guy is obviously an Ne dom— he’s trying to be annoying in this one. The short films with the eggs are pretty awesome, in my opinion. !

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GRO-q5SijCc

We are into Taskmaster and I proposed a family game through Skype with my siblings and parents who are in other states, but Alex beat me to it today, I think.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7tJCKtyz47E

For comfort I watch Would I Lie to You compilations, they mostly still make me laugh. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4SNB33Fv2hc

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
I love cooking but yes I'm currently perfecting some of my pie recipes. I'm also being very creative with pancakes. I think I'm handling it better than my best friends and she's an ISFJ. I know I'm doing better than my ESFJ friend, she's still in denial.

Lols at the first video.

I've been watching SNL reruns.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Yeah I’ve not needed my Ne for the last couple of months. As a microbiologist the only surprise so far is that china managed to contain the thing, otherwise it’s following the script. Trying my best to fight the misinformation, but even half the health authorities are clueless.
The world needs more polymaths dammit!

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I’ve not needed my Ne for the last couple of months. As a microbiologist the only surprise so far is that china managed to contain the thing, otherwise it’s following the script. Trying my best to fight the misinformation, but even half the health authorities are clueless.
The world needs more polymaths dammit!
Yes! Yes to more polymathy and more understanding/valuing of polymathy. There have been times in history where polymathy was valued and cultivated. By the way, please share more about your frustration. From a microbiologist’s view point what do people need to know and/or don’t understand but need to? It would be great to hear from you at this time. By the way... whether people will listen to science at this time or not has been one of my biggest questions. Since before coronavirus there had been a pronounced reduction in faith in science professionals from my viewpoint. This could bring some of that faith back a bit— we will see, right?

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Yeah my Ne have definitely came into action- I’ve created daily plans of musical/literature/science and process art activities for my kids along with actuve schedule plans and videos for my students .

I’ve been writing a lot ! My short story is 6 chapters in - also picked up on making toys and stuff animals for leisure . Also redecorated the walls and hallways with family pictures and art that I enjoy :) and we’ve been playing board games every other night with the family .
Husband and I both are watching Westworld on HBO- I’ve recently finished binge watching The case Against Adnan Syed .
I’ve been calling and face timing other family members - In time of crisis I’m glad that I’m a phone person :) texting isn’t my specialty but I do try to keep up with those I’m close with- @Llyralen you’re definitely one of my bff and I am super grateful to have you in my life *hugs*
On the bright side - I’m able to talk to friends on discord more ( theyre from all around the world and with this covid case - I do have more free time )

Oh and speaking of food- I have been cooking up a storm let me share some pictures( I’m not so good with food presentation)

Pho ( Vietnamese beef noodle with oxtail)

Gumbo

Irish stew

Corn beef

Stove top paella

Paella made by my estp son

Yogurt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
Ohhhh I was thinking about getting some goats but find out I can't have one in city limits, I wanted to make cheese and other things with it. I can own a pig (don't own one yet) but not a goat.

I would go shopping in this....

Picking up bacon. LMAO

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
ENFPs, please teach me how to Ne... I'm going crazy here with only my mom, tv and internet for distractions >.<

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I thought about approx the same yesterday :D I think now time has came for introverts and ENFPs to shine. For introverts because there are lot less unnecessary people hanging around everywhere and for ENFPs because now procrastination and not making any plans has paid off :) For example, vacation plans and making bookings which I postponed a lot - I don't need to think about replanning and/or cancelling them as you can't go anywhere abroad anyway -> lazyness has paid off again and no panic :)

Although the situation has became quite strict here where I am, I feel it actually changes almost nothing for me - I'm not people person and rarely go into gatherings, parties and other events with a lot of people anyway.

It's interesting to see how my mind works in such situation - there are funny things and positive thoughts in every situation and now they somehow kick in my mind even more often :) Btw I already managed to contract some virus couple of weeks ago but now it's okay again. Passed quite easily. Can't ever know what it was as unless you're dying, nobody cares and checks/test you here any more. No panic for me as usually I'm the last one to complain as I can't ready my bodily signals properly anyway and usually guess it was just a "blue monday" when smth is different.

Also another positive thing which I see in current situation - that endless massive unnecessary everyday shopping and consumption of unimportant services and things has stopped for most of the people. Would be good if it stayed that way even after this situation resolves.

·
Registered
ENFP-A - 2w3 - JEEP
5,047 Posts
Not about our Ne but hey spreading the cheer.

Now I want that onesie and I'm jealous of a cat. I hope that's not chocolate chip cookies.

On a serious note. I've gotten a lot done around the house. I pulled up an old tree stump in my back yard that's been sitting there for two years since we purchased the Victorian two days ago (still sore). Added 1 blueberry bush, 1 American climbing rose bush, 2 Viking climbing bushes, have set up a UV growing plant area for my citrus tree and lemon tree in my basement, tilled my garden, we fixed and rebuilt our entire back fence. This week we're going to build a better chicken and duck coop area. I've also reseeded my yard for spring for any bare grass spots. I also pulled the steps down from our porch away from it and reattached mesh wire so that no critters can go under it. Plus built two new garden beds for more vegetables. I also am on skype teaching my niece and nephew their algebra since they don't have the greatest teacher in the subject. Plus I'm still painting and working on artwork for Ai's grandmother. Then there is reorganizing the pantry, since I saw this coming in January we're set for everything.

I've also done a lot of predictive math models and I'm working hard being a part of a team (some money is coming in) for Covid. It's nice to actually be doing something I went to school for. I didn't know how much I missed being a part of a scientific team. So yes, my Ne and Te are both lit up right now.

Like I said in a crisis I get stuff done. I work the solution.

Plus I still have time to get in cleaning around the house. Though in fairness I don't do it, all the same, each day. There is no plan. I kind of just get stuff done with no plan involved. Each day is different. I'm even sewing face mask for the elderly on the street. Plus I've been baking for my next-door neighbor to make sure she's fed. I do like making and perfecting candles now. I've read a couple of books, worked on a ren fair dress. Played around with some makeup for cosplay. Thinking about dragging my dogs into my studio to snap photos of them. Maybe use Derek as a model? I've painted rocks to cheer up the street in my neighborhood, made sure to place them out when no one was on the street in the early morning. I've even started to finish up all the edits my publisher wants for the novel.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
On some level it's business as usual here. I've got a work-from-home job in a company that isn't immediately effected by the virus. I've got a few acres and plenty of room for me and my gf, and a pretty full pantry. I'm kind of jealous of people who have lots of free time to figure out what to do with themselves, although I'm not jealous of loss of job security or being stuck in cramped quarters.

I have needed a bit of stress release, and have engaged a bit of Ne, left on its own it mostly just wants to check news for chaos, both local and national. I've done a bit of brainstorming about how I might build out my shop and loft-office, a future project. I arranged a movie night and roped my partner into watching a slightly controversial, and thought provoking movie with me to generate some conversation. I steered myself into more reading books vs scanning news last evening.

All-in-all no Unicorn level Ne, but enough to keep me moving along.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Not about our Ne but hey spreading the cheer.

Now I want that onesie and I'm jealous of a cat. I hope that's not chocolate chip cookies.

On a serious note. I've gotten a lot done around the house. I pulled up an old tree stump in my back yard that's been sitting there for two years since we purchased the Victorian two days ago (still sore). Added 1 blueberry bush, 1 American climbing rose bush, 2 Viking climbing bushes, have set up a UV growing plant area for my citrus tree and lemon tree in my basement, tilled my garden, we fixed and rebuilt our entire back fence. This week we're going to build a better chicken and duck coop area. I've also reseeded my yard for spring for any bare grass spots. I also pulled the steps down from our porch away from it and reattached mesh wire so that no critters can go under it. Plus built two new garden beds for more vegetables. I also am on skype teaching my niece and nephew their algebra since they don't have the greatest teacher in the subject. Plus I'm still painting and working on artwork for Ai's grandmother. Then there is reorganizing the pantry, since I saw this coming in January we're set for everything.

I've also done a lot of predictive math models and I'm working hard being a part of a team (some money is coming in) for Covid. It's nice to actually be doing something I went to school for. I didn't know how much I missed being a part of a scientific team. So yes, my Ne and Te are both lit up right now.

Like I said in a crisis I get stuff done. I work the solution.

Plus I still have time to get in cleaning around the house. Though in fairness I don't do it, all the same, each day. There is no plan. I kind of just get stuff done with no plan involved. Each day is different. I'm even sewing face mask for the elderly on the street. Plus I've been baking for my next-door neighbor to make sure she's fed. I do like making and perfecting candles now. I've read a couple of books, worked on a ren fair dress. Played around with some makeup for cosplay. Thinking about dragging my dogs into my studio to snap photos of them. Maybe use Derek as a model? I've painted rocks to cheer up the street in my neighborhood, made sure to place them out when no one was on the street in the early morning. I've even started to finish up all the edits my publisher wants for the novel.

When you're married to an ENFP and their Te get's kick-started by a deadly illness. On the plus side, I'm getting better results than the gym.

Is it me or does when conflict happens ENFPs Te goes into overdrive along with their Ne?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Being an ENFP-A with my highest dimension being the A I still don't have much fear at all. I don't have Corona, I'm making all the necessary precautions and information my family of how I will act and keep them updated if I get it, but otherwise I'm just waiting to get sick - or not. And if I die, I die. I'd prefer not to die at 34 years old, I'd like to pull off about another 50 but it's not possible. I get mostly emotional over the hoarders with this whole thing which really boil my blood.

·
Registered
7,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I’m on my 4th batch of kefir and it is a consistent delicious product each time—it’s just luscious. It makes me happy. Everyone should try doing this imo it’s just too easy and also then we aren’t wasting plastic containers. $1.25 for 1/2 gallon of kefir yogurt. And it takes very little time. Yep. Let me know if you’d like instructions. Here’s to keeping healthy and saving the planet.

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Meanwhile, my little Ne and I could only come up with something like this...
Don't try this at home.

Been so lazy lately that I need anime fight songs just to make myself wash the dishes.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
I love cooking but yes I'm currently perfecting some of my pie recipes. I'm also being very creative with pancakes. I think I'm handling it better than my best friends and she's an ISFJ. I know I'm doing better than my ESFJ friend, she's still in denial.

Lols at the first video.

I've been watching SNL reruns.

Do you binge watch SNL too?

I'm obsessed with it no matter how cringey some of the episodes are. I can watch SNL all day and not do anything productive.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts