Personality Cafe banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
黐線 ~Chiseen~
5,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went shopping at Target and saw an audio CD on clearance and bought it.

Got home, popped open laptop CD tray (or attempted to; had to use paperclip method because it wouldn't open / eject otherwise)

Then it got me thinking... I hadn't ripped an audio CD nor movie DVD in quite a long time. I hadn't burned any data CD's / DVD's in a while either as I've used external hard drives.

As far as blu-ray goes, I have a PS3 for them, but that's out of scope of topic. Desktop/laptop-wise, my optical drives have long since been collecting idle dust. They're there, but they've been hardly put to use.

How about you?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I work on computers, so almost daily....

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
To install the antivirus that came with it when I bought it.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I keep backups of important old files or movies on CD, since most of my hard disk space is used up, and I'm always downloading more things. As well, I have a number of install disks for various linux distros right now, since I've been planning to convert my laptop to some flavor of Debian/Ubuntu for a while now. Might go ahead and do that in a few days.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I still buy physical albums on occasion, so I use the DVD drive to rip those. I also play some old games that I bought back when digital distribution wasn't a thing.

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
A few weeks ago installing GTA 5. 60GB on 7 disks, they couldn't even fit the last 5 on the 7th disk. If I downloaded it off of Steam it would have taken a week and chewed up over half my limit.

·
Registered
Beta Gang - EIE 3w4 - 368 sx/so
4,750 Posts
A few weeks ago installing GTA 5. 60GB on 7 disks, they couldn't even fit the last 5 on the 7th disk. If I downloaded it off of Steam it would have taken a week and chewed up over half my limit.
^ same

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
About a month ago when I installed Batman Arkham: Origins on my PC.

I got the Arkham collection, containing all 3 games currently in the series, from my friends on my Birthday in December 2013.

Played Asylum and City but didn't feel like playing Origins right away so I didn't install it until recently.

Speaking of which, hope Arkham Knight turns out great.

·
Registered
INTP
7,024 Posts
About 8 CDs went into my laptop's disk tray to rip some audio that goes along with my Chinese textbooks.

If it weren't for that, then I too don't think I'd have had anything in there for a good year or so.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I used it a few days ago! I took a vacation for 4 days and stayed in a remote cabin. No internet access which means no YouTube or Netflix. The cabin did have electricity though. So I brought some DVDs along and played them on my laptop.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts