Personality Cafe banner

(Multiple Choice)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My paternal grandparents were born in 1943 and 1945, and my maternal grandparents in 1946 and 1947.
My paternal grandparents both died of heart disease and cancer respectively at the age of 58, I don't remember much of anything of my paternal grandfather, but was very close with my paternal grandmother for as long as she was alive.
My maternal grandparents are both still alive and well in their early seventies, and I visit them every week. I've always been close to them, as me, along with my two older sisters and one of my cousins lived with them for a while.

Most peers my age (b. 1997/1998) have grandparents born in the late '30s to late '40s, which would make sense as people are usually in their late forties to early sixties when they have grandkids.
I've also met a few with grandparents old enough to have fought in World War II, as well as some with grandparents young enough to have been teens during Watergate.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My paternal grandparents born in 1934 and 1936 while my maternal parents born in 1911 and 1924.All of my grandparents passed away in 1993/1994,2002,2005 and 2015

·
Banned
15,562 Posts
Honestly, I'm not completely sure about the dates and don't really feel like calling up my grandparents and parents to ask them for verification. I think both of my grandmothers were born in the 50's, one in 1953 and the other in 1952? My mom's dad was born in 1945 if I recall correctly, and I have no idea how old my dad's dad could be.

·
Registered
183 Posts
'20s and '30s. And one of them died a few months before I was born.
My great grandparents were born in the 1890s & 00s(obviously the 1900s version:tongue2: ) but only one of them was alive when I was.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My great grandparents were born in the 1890s & 00s(obviously the 1900s version:tongue2: ) but only one of them was alive when I was.
1900s = Edwardian 00s (from King Edward VII)
2000s = Bush 00s
:tongue:

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
I've also met a few with grandparents old enough to have fought in World War II, as well as some with grandparents young enough to have been teens during Watergate.
Born in 2002, I honestly don't know when both of my grandpas were born, but they did fight in WWII.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
I was born in 1997.
My maternal grandparents were born in 1943 and 1945, and my paternal grandparents were born in 1938 and 1940.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My paternal grandmother was little during World War II because I recall about hearing her talk about the war sometime. 1934 I guess. My paternal grandfather was born around the same time. My maternal grandmother is the younger of the four, she was born in 1955. My maternal grandfather in 1952 (for sure, the other dates are around that time).

My maternal grandmother died before I was born while my paternal grandmother died 4 years ago. My grandfathers are still alive.

·
Registered
192 Posts
My great grandparents were born in the 1890s & 00s(obviously the 1900s version
) but only one of them was alive when I was.
1900s = Edwardian 00s (from King Edward VII)
2000s = Bush 00s
All of my great grandparents born before 1900(born around 1870's~1890's) XD

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow!!You all have "young" grandparents!
Don't be ashamed of having older grandparents, just because some are younger doesn't necessarily mean they'll be around longer, which was the case for my paternal grandparents whom were both younger than 55 when I was born yet are both gone now due to heart disease and cancer.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Don't be ashamed of having older grandparents, just because some are younger doesn't necessarily mean they'll be around longer, which was the case for my paternal grandparents whom were both younger than 55 when I was born yet are both gone now due to heart disease and cancer.
My grandparents were all older aswell. This is Becasue I am the youngest of my family, and then both my Mum and Dad were the youngest in their families aswell.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My maternal grandparents were born in 1939 and 1934. My paternal grandmother was born in 1930 and I'm not sure about my paternal grandfather... I never met him but I think he was born sometime in the 1920s.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
None of my grandparents are still alive.

My maternal grandparents were both born in 1935. I never met my grandfather because he died before I was born (before '97). However, I know his birth date because it is written on his grave (lol) and I used to visit him with my grandmother a few times every year and I still do as the old crone is buried next to him now.

I guess my paternal grandmother was born around 1946 because she was 63 in 2009 when she died. I don't know about my paternal grandfather, but he died when I was five with a cigarette in his mouth (badass grandpa).

·
EvilShoutyRudolph
5,099 Posts
My grandparents(specifically the ones born on my dads side, since I don't really know much about my mums parents) were born in the 1940s.

Meanwhile my friends grandmother is 93 years old(she was born in 1924), and my friend says that she is looking for a boyfriend, and even tried flirting with her neighbor by picking tomato's, while trying to look hot. The neighbor sadly didn't even notice her. She also says that her grandmother steals things too!

Meanwhile my grandparents eat healthy, my grandfather plays golf, my grandmother goes to church and walks every morning, and they both travel to different places in Canada and the US.
Their lives are pretty simple.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Don't exactly remember but I think my paternal granddad was born in 1922, paternal grandma 1924?
Not sure about my maternal grandparents.
None of them are alive however.

I know my paternal great grandfather was born in 1888. My paternal great grandparents didn't migrate to where I live so I never knew them. Only met my maternal great grandparents once and that was what, 12 years ago, they also lived overseas. Oh, my maternal grandparents also lived overseas....Paternal grandmother lived in another state. Paternal grandfather died way before I was even born.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
IIRC, my maternal grandparents were born in 1933 and 1938, and my paternal grandparents were born in 1929 and 1931.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Maternal grandmother: 1930
Maternal grandfather: 1925
Paternal grandmother: 1934
Paternal grandfather: 1927

All still alive except for paternal grandfather who passed in 2010.

Great grandparents were all born in the 1890's and and 1900's. Some died young, so my parents couldn't meet them either, the last one in 1990. I believe that generation experienced an abundance of toxins and was medically experimented on, because as you dig back into the 1800's and before, many of their descendants were as old as my grandparents.

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Maternal grandmother: 1930
Maternal grandfather: 1925
Paternal grandmother: 1934
Paternal grandfather: 1927

All still alive except for paternal grandfather who passed in 2010.

Great grandparents were all born in the 1890's and and 1990's. Some died young, so my parents couldn't meet them either, the last one in 1990. I believe that generation experienced an abundance of toxins and was medically experimented on, because as you dig back into the 1800's and before, many of their descendants were as old as my grandparents.
. By the way, just out of curiosity, do you know what countries your descendants came from to America?

1 - 20 of 30 Posts