Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Over the last couple of years, I've started to get really nostalgic about my childhood in the aughts and all the toys and TV shows I use to watch. And it makes sense why. 2000 was nearly 20 years ago and it has been almost a decade since they ended. It also helps that my teen years and my adulthood so far hasn't been that great and I had a better childhood experience because I have more classic memories from them. The 2010's have also turned out to be a huge disappointment for me pop culture-wise.

I understand the 2000's were a very bleak decade when it came to politics and the pop culture of the time was not for everyone, but I was to young to care about pop culture then nor was I affected by the political climate like a teen or young adult probably was back then.

So why is there so little nostalgia for the kid's culture back then? Is it because we are still going through a big 2000's backlash in the decade like how the 90's were a big backlash against the 80's? Is it because the kid's culture of the 2000's was too similar to the 90's kid culture or it was too similar to today's kid culture that makes people forget them or something?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have noticed more people get nostalgic over the 2000s lately (mostly the early 2000s). I think by the 2020s we will get the whole *2000s kid* thing like the 90s is for this decade. including since the poeple who were kids during the 2000s will been be adults by then. I hope the late 2000s will get more love by then also.

So don't worry, if the 80s was the craze in the 2000s like the 90s are for this decade, just give it more time then it will be our turn :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have noticed more people get nostalgic over the 2000s lately (mostly the early 2000s). I think by the 2020s we will get the whole *2000s kid* thing like the 90s is for this decade. including since the poeple who were kids during the 2000s will been be adults by then. I hope the late 2000s will get more love by then also.

So don't worry, if the 80s was the craze in the 2000s like the 90s are for this decade, just give it more time then it will be our turn :)
Just out of curiousity, what birth years do you consider a 2000's kid in your opinion?

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
I don't recall ever being able to enjoy nineties nostolgia without some millennials and gen Z pitch a fucking fit about how it's "mean" and " offensive" because we're " acting like our childhood was better." :rolleyes:

But it isn't that way for the next gen huh? It's just a perfectly acceptable thing people go through.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Just out of curiousity, what birth years do you consider a 2000's kid in your opinion?
I don't know for sure. I just think a person born in the mid nineties through the very early 2000s are the core. But it depends on the person lol.

I don't recall ever being able to enjoy nineties nostolgia without some millennials and gen Z pitch a fucking fit about how it's "mean" and " offensive" because we're " acting like our childhood was better." :rolleyes:

But it isn't that way for the next gen huh? It's just a perfectly acceptable thing people go through.
In all fairness their are a lot of people who actually do come off like that and end up sounding pretty harsh to a lot of kids all becuase they weren't born in this year. Though everybody should have some nostalgia over their childhood and I'm sure every generation will have these types of people, as long as they don't constantly look into the past to mess up there future, or be dicks about it then I'm good lol.

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I'm 22 and I'm kind of nostalgic about some TV shows and other things.

·
Registered
482 Posts
I don't know for sure. I just think a person born in the mid nineties through the very early 2000s are the core. But it depends on the person lol.

Well if you weren't born in the 90's then you can't be a core 2000's kid lol. If you were born in the early 2000s I think you'd be a late 2000's kid and have some of you're childhood in the early 10's depending on the birth year

·
Registered
446 Posts
Well if you weren't born in the 90's then you can't be a core 2000's kid lol. If you were born in the early 2000s I think you'd be a late 2000's kid and have some of you're childhood in the early 10's depending on the birth year
I always see a person born in 2000 having a pretty big part of thief childhood in the decade, even if they don't the remember the early parts of the decade. But I get what your saying

·
Registered
482 Posts
I always see a person born in 2000 having a pretty big part of thief childhood in the decade, even if they don't the remember the early parts of the decade. But I get what your saying
Me too. But honestly as long as you actually remember the decade then it doesn't even matter

·
Registered
172 Posts
I think 2000s kids nostalgia will be more prominent within the next decade. Early 2000s nostalgia is gradually coming in. Early 2000s was my adolescence so I am pretty nostalgic about that era. :cool:

·
Registered
63 Posts
It won't completely end, but it will decline sometime soon and 2000's nostalgia will start taking over. I'm a 2000's kid and I have a lot of nostalgia for the decade. :cool:

·
Registered
12,196 Posts
nevarrrrr~~

·
Registered
720 Posts
we are still in the 80s culture (early -mid 80s range ). Late 80s- Early 90s are just about hitting . the 80s fads will truly die out around 2022 while the late80s-early 90s will come full swing.

mid-Late90s/early 00s will be put together and I think will start peeking around 2027.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Same here, I'm nostalgic for both the culture and the memories. Music was so much diverse than it is today.
In terms of music, 2010-2012 were okay. 2013 seemed a bit promising, 2014+ is shit.
I actually like this decades music but I’m going to have to agree with you on 2014 being awful xD

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
It should be ending soon with 00s nostalgia taking over despite the latter for the first half has already arrived.

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
80s nostalgia will die out early in the 2020s, and 90s nostalgia will die out early in the 2030s. As for 00s nostalgia, it's child's play compared to 80s and 90s nostalgia, but in the next 10-20 years it will be taken more seriously.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts