Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Just out of curiosity, why so?
It just felt as though there was some sort of a shift in vibe and pop culture. For the first time, it seemed as though the songs on the Billboard Hot-100 weren't even really targeted towards me anymore, as if they were mostly aimed at tweens/younger teenagers instead. I actually fell out of touch with music (for that reason) and I don't even know half of the artists that are on the charts now.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Personally I already feel so behind the times and I am only 19:apthy:. I never really relate with anyone these days. I feel very alienated amongst people younger than myself and even people my age, I only really get along with those that are in the 25-50 age bracket. Maybe it's just me....:cold:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I think it had already changed from Millennial to Gen Z, and it has been that way for a few years now. Millennials are practically no longer in the target age especially since they are the ones making the music and are starring in the movies these days.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I think it had already changed from Millennial to Gen Z, and it has been that way for a few years now. Millennials are practically no longer in the target age especially since they are the ones making the music and are starring in the movies these days.
I personally consider 2012 to be the last 100% Millennial cultural year. I started High School in Early 2012 and it was still full-on Millennial teen culture.

·
Registered
111 Posts
By-and-large, I feel Millennial culture died off in Britain for most people about 4 years ago, although we certainly aren't in late Z-culture yet - that'll probably be in the mid-2020s. I mean, music has been pretty much like now since the start of 2010, most teenagers have had smartphones for the past 3-4 years, and this "neo-hipster" look has been in fashion for a similar amount of time.

Hopefully (since the current culture is pretty dire) we'll see a shift in culture in the early 2020s, provided Brexit and Trump don't damage the world any further.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I'm glad others agree that it already shifted. I think '12 you could feel something was going on. '13 was different and by '14 i felt an actual change had taken place. By no way has gen z been defined yet but i think we've already shifted into the era (equivalent to the late 90's/early Gen Y pop explosion and the early 80's/early Gen X new wave phenomenon we are in the early Gen Z years right now imo)

For me it was when people pulled out their khakis instead of their skinny jeans, traded in their signature black for neon and started acting like cunts and voted for Donald.

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
481 Posts
By-and-large, I feel Millennial culture died off in Britain for most people about 4 years ago, although we certainly aren't in late Z-culture yet - that'll probably be in the mid-2020s. I mean, music has been pretty much like now since the start of 2010, most teenagers have had smartphones for the past 3-4 years, and this "neo-hipster" look has been in fashion for a similar amount of time.

Hopefully (since the current culture is pretty dire) we'll see a shift in culture in the early 2020s, provided Brexit and Trump don't damage the world any further.
I don't agree. I think music from 2010 sounds very different from today. 2010 was arguably the last hurrah for rock and hip-hop was just leftovers of the late 2000's. Electropop was in full swing by then. Artists like Lady Gaga and Ke$ha were all the rage back then. Compare that to the Trap and EDM era of today with artists like Cardi B, Migos, and Camila Cabello. All those artists were unheard of back in 2010.

In fact, I actually heard the song "Love the way you lie" on the throwback station back in December 2017. Despite being only 7 years old, it really was showing its age already.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts