Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems as INTJs that were obsessed with Limerence and how to get over it, but I've yet to see what happens where we are the objects of another persons limerence. I'm just wondering how you would react if you were to find out that you were some one else limerent object, and also more specifically how you would stop the other persons limerence, that is IF you would :crazy:

·
Registered
782 Posts
It seems as INTJs that were obsessed with Limerence and how to get over it, but I've yet to see what happens where we are the objects of another persons limerence. I'm just wondering how you would react if you were to find out that you were some one else limerent object, and also more specifically how you would stop the other persons limerence, that is IF you would :crazy:
id be happy and lucky that someone loves me, and id definitely at least give them a chance! it's so much easier when they like you, rather than when you like them. :unsure:

·
Registered
82 Posts
i was once the object of limerence for a big girl once. Was horrible. She couldnt understand i had no sexual interest in her, especially since she had previously had relations with my best friend. She couldnt hold a conversation, had no drive to do anything socially, and violated two of my immediate turn offs: cigarettes and drugs. She got the point later when i cussed her the hell out after she broke my arm, in two places.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Oh, god. Usually if I wait long enough they lose interest, but there's been a few times where I've had to say, "I respect your feelings but cannot return them". It's like hitting an awkwardness singularity.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Oh, god. Usually if I wait long enough they lose interest, but there's been a few times where I've had to say, "I respect your feelings but cannot return them". It's like hitting an awkwardness singularity.
In my experience, waiting for them to go away only seems to encourage them until it gets to the point where the awkwardness singularity finally becomes the lesser (but still very, very) evil. I hate being forced into any kind of human interaction, but this one is by far the worst.

·
Registered
82 Posts
In my experience, waiting for them to go away only seems to encourage them until it gets to the point where the awkwardness singularity finally becomes the lesser (but still very, very) evil. I hate being forced into any kind of human interaction, but this one is by far the worst.
yeah, i had to hang out with the girl after that since she was a friend in my social circle, so i tolerated her existence for a while, even though she weakened my strong arm permanently, ive got massive scars from two surgeries, two plates, and eight screws. They even had to replace a plate when IT broke and took my arm with it, which needed to be rebroken again at the hospital cause it started to heal improperly.

Im not bitter or anything.....really.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Its not like she tried to break my arm on purpose, but she did something stupid that resulted in it happening. She lightly kicked my ass, so i grabbed her foot. She lost balance and instead of leaning towards me, she sat right down and kinda grabbed my shirt on the way down. So my options were: yokozuna drop her chest, or try to step over her. She never let go and pulled me down and i landed on my right arm, making a second elbow appear directly in the middle of my forearm. I didnt get to see it, but it popped out on the bottom and broke through my skin.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Regrettable that it came to that. It should be easier to make people understand that you mean 'no' when you say it.

And on that topic a little anecdote: When I was in kindergarten, a boy who liked me kept pestering me, so I told him eventually that I'd bite him if he didn't leave me in peace. He chose to ignore the warning, so I bit him, hard, and a lesson was learned. It's too bad that nothing similarly effective is allowed once you're a grown-up. :wink:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Ignore. Sever contact. An calmly saying that you do not share her (or his) feelings. If she / he can't handle that, tough cookies. It's not mandatory for me to love a person back.

Perhaps the reason I don't find it bad to say this is that I don't find it bad to have it said to me. Well, it may sting a little for a day or so. But that would be it. I don't need 3 billion women to love me, I only need 1, so if 99% of the population thinks I'm unattractive, well, so be it, 1% is still more than enough. Plus, that 1% tends to be the 1% I like.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know. The times it's worked it's usually a mild thing. A fleeting infatuation.

·
Registered
782 Posts
you guys are missing out. it's awesome being able to relate to people..i don't understand why you guys don't like it. human connections, as hard as it is to find a true, real one, are pretty fabulous. again, another reason why i don't feel like a stereotypical INTJ.

·
Registered
130 Posts
you guys are missing out. it's awesome being able to relate to people..i don't understand why you guys don't like it. human connections, as hard as it is to find a true, real one, are pretty fabulous. again, another reason why i don't feel like a stereotypical INTJ.
In this case it's not the human interaction I dislike, it's the being forced into dealing with people I'd rather avoid.

·
Registered
782 Posts
In this case it's not the human interaction I dislike, it's the being forced into dealing with people I'd rather avoid.
i see. forced into dealing with people you'd rather avoid is definitely annoying.

·
Banned
5,026 Posts
I find it distinctly uncomfortable. Avoidance, curtness, sarcasm, deathglares, and awkward rejection if that doesn't work and they still think they have a chance. Ick.

·
Registered
113 Posts
This happened to me once, but only after I had waited to to turn her down for so long that the girl had already stuck her tongue down my throat (my first kiss, incidentally). I stuttered something like what you described a few weeks later, then I hid from everyone for the rest of the year. Years later, we somehow ended up being friends, but I catch glimpses of that obsessive and crazy girl, wrapped up in cryptic-but-unambiguous status updates on social networking sites.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
id be happy and lucky that someone loves me, and id definitely at least give them a chance! it's so much easier when they like you, rather than when you like them. :unsure:
Yeah I would most likely do the same thing, give it a bit and see if I feel the same way.

i was once the object of limerence for a big girl once. Was horrible. She couldnt understand i had no sexual interest in her, especially since she had previously had relations with my best friend. She couldnt hold a conversation, had no drive to do anything socially, and violated two of my immediate turn offs: cigarettes and drugs. She got the point later when i cussed her the hell out after she broke my arm, in two places.
Im not bitter or anything.....really.
All i have to say to this is wow, just wow.

Oh the possibilities.
Now you have me interested, mind sharing some of these possibilities?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts