Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you go in guns blazing? Or... Go into your head?

Is hesitation weakness in your opinion?

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I would agree I get irritated when people are hesitant for too long. However you need to evaluate whether or not something is worth the expenditure. Survey and size up. Just do it fast. But yes, generally I don't like it when people are scared to make a decision. Sometimes I will either push them, or if it is apparent that they aren't confident in their decision, I'll often just make one for them (I know, I know), which often leads to me being responsible for said decision being seen to completion.

I tend not to turn back once I have decided. More so than hesitation, I find indecisiveness to be a weakness. That often wastes time and resources after a decision has been made and you are already invested. People who change their mind or regret things midway or after the fact or action has been taken... *pulls hair out*.

Guns blazing? Sure if I have a target. Otherwise... why? Just to look like Rambo or what?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Do you go in guns blazing? Or... Go into your head?

Is hesitation weakness in your opinion?
my husband jokingly calls me Don Quixote.
Most the time, I've made a quick analysis. I'm right about 95-97% of the time. He's so damned hesitant that he's right 99% of the time, but the missed opportunities drive me up the wall!!! The hemming and hawing and last minute decision making drive me batty.

Piss or get off the pot.

Reactions: Elistra and Dodger

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I can go into my head while going in guns blazing because I'm not stupid.

·
Registered
264 Posts
To me as an infp I try explain NI using these apologies ' watching a 3d movie in a cinema at the front rows, you see the big picture from up close, same time you feel like you are living it simultaneously'. It's like looking at a tap pouring water and wondering where the water comes from, we'll ultimately it comes from the ocean, then wondering how the ocean accumulated the water, well that's kind of the point god created the water there for benefit and that's the source of 'drinking and bathing process' similarly I believe god made infjs and their NI to be of service to humankind so NI would be virtually impossible to explain IMHO, infjs is this accurate?

·
Registered
264 Posts
To me as an infp I try explain NI using these apologies ' watching a 3d movie in a cinema at the front rows, you see the big picture from up close, same time you feel like you are living it simultaneously'. It's like looking at a tap pouring water and wondering where the water comes from, we'll ultimately it comes from the ocean, then wondering how the ocean accumulated the water, well that's kind of the point god created the water there for benefit and that's the source of 'drinking and bathing process' similarly I believe god made infjs and their NI to be of service to humankind so NI would be virtually impossible to explain IMHO, we've all got the ability but we don't all realise it unless we go through turbulent times and/or are in solitude, as an infp who went through hard times found a lot of NI moments, except that with infjs and intjs it's a regular occurrence, infjs is this accurate?

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Depends on my goal and stress level.

I tend to take more time for life decisions.

·
Registered
313 Posts
As an opportunist this calls for whatever the situation presents.

I can go in shotguns blazing and adapt my plans to fit the scenario, it isn't rocket science.

·
Registered
619 Posts
my husband jokingly calls me Don Quixote.
Most the time, I've made a quick analysis. I'm right about 95-97% of the time. He's so damned hesitant that he's right 99% of the time, but the missed opportunities drive me up the wall!!! The hemming and hawing and last minute decision making drive me batty.

Piss or get off the pot.
My mom calls me Don Quixote and had no idea what the heck it meant, I just had to Google it... LOL

·
Registered
619 Posts
I usually go in "guns blazing" (or at least that's what I am told). I personally think that once I make my decision there is no point in hesitating, I act immediately. I become extremely frustrated when people take to long to make a decision, I really don't have time to waste. I always say to my boyfriend that "I am going to make an executive decision" if I waited on him for everything things wouldn't get accomplished.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I usually go in "guns blazing" (or at least that's what I am told). I personally think that once I make my decision there is no point in hesitating, I act immediately. I become extremely frustrated when people take to long to make a decision, I really don't have time to waste. I always say to my boyfriend that "I am going to make an executive decision" if I waited on him for everything things wouldn't get accomplished.

Something like this.

It's annoying when I inform someone of how things need to be done after like 5 seconds and they have to think about it and talk it out before coming to the same conclusion 10 minutes later. I could have been done already!

·
Registered
3,012 Posts
When the decision is made I go guns blazing. If deciding, I'm in my head.

.... Lol! Didn't realize how "duh" my statement is. How I see it, if I'm mulling over something it means it's probably beyond my depth at that moment and have to take it slower. If I'm going in guns blazing, I'm pretty confident that whatever it is I can handle regardless of expertise in that specific area. There are just some things I know I'm really good at and can handle at an aggressive pace.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Depends but it is mostly as other people here said, I usually take a little bit of time to consider it, then, when I decide something I stick with it and don't hesitate any longer.

Still the time it takes me to decide something depends both on it's importance and it's urgency, the only time I really dive headlong with little consideration is when the time frame is very small. I also might not even make a decision if I deem the matter unimportant...

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
Assess, then don't doubt yourself for any reason.

Hesitation is the seed of defeat.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts