Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's hard for us to open our hearts, but just give it a try and be honest. No need to get technical, who the hell cares about being too technical anyway.

*Breathes* Here goes..

When I listen to the larger part of my heart lately, it keeps telling me to further improve my ties with my family and a certain someone in my life. It just keeps telling me that, over and over again. No other explanation can shake me away from that.

Even if I see obstacles or I'm reminded of some ugly parts of my past, it keeps telling me to do that.

Also, a smaller part of my heart keeps telling me lately that I should get out of my comfort zone more often and trust in my imagination/idealism a lot. So that I can make changes or put things in places ''where they should be.''

Yes I do want to listen to my heart more often. I know it's hard but I can't ignore it.

My best friend gave me the simplest but best advice:

Good and bad come directly from the heart.

So what about you? Try and listen to your heart, what does it tell you to do lately?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
We're not on speaking terms, my heart and I.

Reactions: InTuned78

·
Registered
264 Posts
I need to forgive myself.

Reactions: refugee

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I need to become a more devoted stalker.

Reactions: Luke

·
Registered
98 Posts
My heart... Well it basically tells me to keep cool and sleep A LOT and do nothing. Fortunately I fight back a little :tongue:
And it tells me I sooo need to find a soulmate right now.
And a project/cause to which I could dedicate my whole self, because, life seems a bit empty right now.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Huh, that's a good question! I am very 50/50 about this.

Whenever I take a personality test. (heh, like I don't already know what I am :laughing: ) I always put neutral on the "Head over heart" questions, because I listen to both equally. Yet, it all depends on what it is that I am assessing, too.

If the problem is objective, it deserves to be treated logically- so long as it doesn't require hard logic to solve it. I might have the option to go with my gut instinct, but oftentimes, I am very glad that I used my head to think it through- as the outcomes always yields better results. ;3

If it's a decision/dilemma that's extremely tough, like keeping a friend around, I have to rely on my heart to make this decision, because logic will give me every reason in the world to not do what my instinct/heart tells me I ought to. In the end of these long, tough, and drawn out decisions, the heart is ALWAYS right and doesn't do me much good to use logic, because that's not the nature of the problem.

I'd say I use my heart a little bit more, but logic always HAS to have been present and considered in every decision made (whether or not the more logical decision was actually used), poking and prodding at the heart. I gotta tell my brain to "shaddup!" sometimes, like in the situation above. xD

As far as what my heart is telling me...?

---

Heart: I was pretty harsh on her when I told her off...

Mind: She needed to hear the ugly truth. Whether or not she wanted or chose to hear it, I meant well by letting her know. And I didn't want to be friends with her anymore, either. I would've been bitter if I didn't say anything. She'll get over it, and grow to be stronger, even if it's in spite of me. I don't mind, so long as she's healthier in the end. She won't while I'm around to succumb to arguments with her.

Heart: It still doesn't change that it wasn't my place to be such an asshole to her. =/

Ahh... the mind always has more to say than the heart, but the heart is equally as valid with its response. D;

·
15,420 Posts
My heart is telling me to sew, but it would be impractical at the moment. I wouldn't have enough time to finish anything before going into town.

Also, my heart is telling me to enjoy this music that I am listening to right now.

Reactions: refugee

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kill them, all of them! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Just kidding, I have no heart.

Double kid! I do.

Triple kid! It's not the kind of heart you were talking about.

Quadruple kid! It actu-*slaps self in the face*
Pfffft you get out of here, you INTP with your imposing T!! This is a thread for the hearts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

(Just joking, I'm being an asshole)

·
15,420 Posts
Mine is saying, "Travel. No ties. Go anywhere, everywhere, and don't leave any way for them to know where you are. They'll just try to bring you back so they can keep you as a pet again. You need to find something that you are not finding here."

But my mind says, "Your family would be devastated if you ran away again, after they have done so much for you. They'll only be around for so long, and you are very fortunate to be blessed with the kind of parents who give a shit." ...and then my heart says,

"Yeah, mind, I know. I hate you sometimes."

Reactions: Aish
1 - 16 of 16 Posts