Personality Cafe banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have mentioned this a few times on this forum I think, but I've always had some difficulty describing it so I'm going to try to lay it out here and see if other INFJs can relate to this wonderful experience...

Have you ever experienced a moment where you feel perfectly connected with that moment in your interactions with people and everything feels "just right". It is almost like this happens when I'm perfectly trusting and taking the moment by my intuitive vibes and also perfectly expressing my Fe at the same time to get the perfect feedback of outcome. For me, I have noticed that I get like this when I am doing a job that requires helping people. So, for example, when I worked in customer service jobs, was a waitress (definitely), and now in teaching. There have also been a few moments when I was younger that I remember getting like this... such as when I was performing a dance in high school or giving a speech to peers. In those moments I just felt I was following the perfect vibe with everything I was taking in around me.
Whenever I get in this following my "perfect vibe" mode I always get happy... I may naturally smile without ever consciously thinking about it... I'm not even sure what else is shown on the outside because I don't see it (of course) because I only know what is going on inside of me at the time, which is basically just an overjoy of "perfect life moment".

When I get to this "perfect vibe" moment I always internally feel like that is me "perfectly shining" and being the best that I can possibly be.

Can other INFJs relate to this?? I hope that makes sense. :unsure: I wonder if it is just an NF thing in general, because I could see that being a good possibility.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hmm well I get this moment when I am helping people through their pain. I suppose having had my fair share of it, I am familiar with the stages and I intuitively know what people need to feel better. Thus by listening and giving them the support and encouragement to pull themselves together, I watch them go from nervous wreck to calm and serenity once more. This makes me happy to know that I restored the balance and harmony in someone's life. It doesn't seem to be like the way you described your "perfect vibe moment" but it's a pretty zen experience for me. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I get this sometimes. I do management coaching part time and sometimes you just get a real connection that sings. It's a real buzz because you are helping someone else achieve their goals.

I also get an excusite high from ideas and concepts that just work when I think of them. I am not a strong F so I think I have a big mix of ideas and emotion (recipe for confusion if ever there was one!)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Yeah, I know this feeling, from helping people as mentioned above to when I am walking down the sidewalk on campus and its a beautiful day and I am listening to one of my favorite songs on my Ipod. It puts a smile on my face and I definitely feel the "shine". I recall a few times during class discussions that I was able to speak and just hit the nail on the head perfectly, had people stopping me after class to talk about what I said and to just talk to me.

Reactions: thegirlcandance

·
Registered
41 Posts
I get these moments quite a lot. It's usually in school when I'm in a lesson I really enjoy or excel at, and I'm with a group of people who I can really have a laugh with. It's feels quite odd and doesn't happen too often, but when it does I'm in a fabulous mood for the rest of the day.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Doesn't happen often, but I do feel really good when I am able to help someone out less fortunate than I. I felt pretty good being an unpaid intern at a non profit. I went to work happy every morning.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I get this too, and try to have most if not all my social events this way if I can, as it's the most reliable moment when I am consistently bubbly and friendly :tongue: Energy is high. No worry in any big tragedies happening. It's pretty much always connected to something I'm passionate about.. When in situations outside of this net, I try to minimize human contact <_<

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I've also noticed that I get this way when I am working in customer service in any way. This only happens once I get the mechanics of the job down pat. I just feel this perfect interaction and this satisfaction from helping people.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Let's get a few off the top of mahead:

1) Once when I helped a friend see things from a different light about a big trouble he was having, seeing his face change from that from total anger and hatred to love and peace, was one of those magic moments. Seriously I didn't know how I did it. God did it feel amazing afterwards.

2) Was working as a casual assistant at a sports shop. Way below the pay wage that me education level would have gotten me into, but I was truly happy that time. The reasons' meeting all sorts of fun people and colleagues, and helping customers get what they want.

3) I had lecturer at a university. Strict and demanding woman. Let's just say almost every student didn't exactly like her. But I understand that she was serious about helping students raise their academic standards. Here's someone who is truly dedicated, when even her husband died, despite her deep grief, she was professional enough to not even skip a lecture, and to not speak one word about it because she didn't want it to be a distraction. During classes she was so strict, she was repeatedly frustrated at students' lack of good attitude, berated everyone for one reason another. It was good to see her smile and be genuinely happy one day for once in class. Again, I didn't know how I did it. I just talked to her that time around.

There's plenty others. But overall, the general pattern is that it involves helping people, often with intuition.

·
Super Moderator
11,229 Posts
I think that good vibe feeling comes when I help someone without even realizing that I am doing it or even just connect with someone...a natural response that gives a natural sense of overall warmth from the natural response. Yes, intuition being used without any thought at all! Ok, did I make any sense?

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that good vibe feeling comes when I help someone without even realizing that I am doing it or even just connect with someone...a natural response that gives a natural sense of overall warmth from the natural response. Yes, intuition being used without any thought at all! Ok, did I make any sense?
Yes it did... to a fellow INFJ. Any non-intuitive would probably be confused. :wink:

I honestly just laugh at how I can sit through teacher's workshops and stuff on how to counsel kids dealing with bullying and issues. I practically fell asleep because, to me, its like common sense to me via my intuition.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Yes it did... to a fellow INFJ. Any non-intuitive would probably be confused. :wink:

I honestly just laugh at how I can sit through teacher's workshops and stuff on how to counsel kids dealing with bullying and issues. I practically fell asleep because, to me, its like common sense to me via my intuition.
I had HR training the other day on how to listen. It was enlightening. Not because I actually learned anything, but because I'm amazed that many people need training on how to listen.

Also, I learned while I was 'speaker' that I cannot talk about myself for 3 minutes straight.

My story is off-topic, but I'd thought I'd share as it relates to your teaching workshops, I'm sure. :)

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had HR training the other day on how to listen. It was enlightening. Not because I actually learned anything, but because I'm amazed that many people need training on how to listen.

Also, I learned while I was 'speaker' that I cannot talk about myself for 3 minutes straight.

My story is off-topic, but I'd thought I'd share as it relates to your teaching workshops, I'm sure. :)
Ha, yes... its about the same equivalent. When I took an educational psychology class in college I skipped the class half the time and still got an A because it was just such common knowledge to me. I think the only part where I really needed to study was the unit on memory because that actually required some memorization.

That's just funny that they had to "teach" not to talk about yourself for 3 minutes straight :crazy:

·
Registered
801 Posts
It makes complete sense. I believe these moments happen when you have 100% pure belief in yourself. When you say, "I don't care what they think, I like me, look at me world and appreciate it!" When I just let it all go and make myself believe in me....then the rest will follow. It's amazing what negativity doubt can bring into our lives - it's best to leave it all behind.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts