Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be honest with myself... Whenever I think about my INFJ ex-boyfriend (When in the right mood... The depressive ones!) I am filled with this... Sadness. Sometimes, I like to lay there in bed, either with my eyes open or closed, and would fantasize of reaching out and feel his face, his hair, his lips, over his closed eyes... That beautiful, warm feeling I want to have with him when we hug is better than thinking about sex.

I have this horrible habit. When I lose a loved one, I hold on for too goddamn long... With my first ever boyfriend, it's almost been, what, 2 years since we broke up, and I still think about him. It doesn't hurt me... Same thing with my other ex... It's weird. I live my life as normal, but just... Everything, from the texture of the grass, to the sound of a certain songbird, just brings me back to the past.

I get weird out when people rebounds (date) after losing a loved one. For me, it takes a while, to get back out there. The warmth of the memories keeps me nice and cozy... Even crying over them feels good. It's weird. Sometimes, I'll wonder, what if my INFJ ex was here, what funny jokes I'd tell him, or what he'd think of me if I wore a certain dress I never worn before... I'd replay it in my mind, only to be disappointed that it's not real, and it will never happen.

I don't know if I'm still in love with him... It's more like... I'm in love with the memories. I'm in love with the future possibilities that we might get back together. I'm irrational, I know. :l

Yet, I get excited of perhaps a new love to come to me. The endless possibilities, the new memories, the excitement... I like those too!

What about you guys? How do you feel when you think back on your old loves?

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
It's okay I also don't know how people give out their hearts too easily.

When I think of my first love, sometimes I still wish he could see me today and how I've changed compared to the naive little girl who used to depend on him all the time. Sometimes I wish I could hold his hand even for just one more time, and that he knows how I actually felt all these years. It's always that little something in my heart that I can't bring myself to explain because I don't want to get too caught up in it or I might cry.

However, things happen for a reason. Maybe I'm meant to lose him to learn something about myself and for a love that's even stronger in my life.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hate, just walking outside, knowing that I am just simply and utterly alone... If my INFJ ex and I were to hang out... I'd be as casual as shit... But once he turns around, I'll stare at him and just wish he would come to me and hold my hand or give me a hug.

I remember when we first met... We hung out the second or third time... We would walk around having some fun, and I would look at his hands, and smile just how strong and warm they look... How good it would feel to hold them... And sooner enough, he held my hand.

It is one of my most favorite memories of us... The part where him and me, became we. <3

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
:crazy::crazy: You know you're an INFP and your ex is an INFJ if:

1. At times you make dramatic movie-like scenes in your head,''how would he react if he sees me today?''
  2. You remember how he once cured you with a nice touch
  3. You feel that he's rare and one in a million, for a long time he was your dream; you compared him to all the other guys you had ever connected with
  4. You tend to remember how he used to pamper and spoil you, yet still understand you when you felt nobody wanted to listen to you whining

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My INFJ WAS a rare guy! :crying: I think that's what's making me hold on... He wasn't like the typical douchebag. He was not terribly good with women... He was quiet, introverted, but had a grand mind. He was funny. He would be a little awkward but I'd find him adorable never the less!

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Yes my INFJ first was socially awkward but really kind and rare too...

Perhaps you and I should start a ''honor our INFJ exes'' thread??:crazy:

Btw I remember once my first love gave me a plastic but nice looking red rose.

I asked,''Where did you get that from?''
He was like,''From my mum's vase in the living room''

:crazy::crazy:

·
Registered
444 Posts
I must be honest with myself... Whenever I think about my INFJ ex-boyfriend (When in the right mood... The depressive ones!) I am filled with this... Sadness. Sometimes, I like to lay there in bed, either with my eyes open or closed, and would fantasize of reaching out and feel his face, his hair, his lips, over his closed eyes... That beautiful, warm feeling I want to have with him when we hug is better than thinking about sex.

I have this horrible habit. When I lose a loved one, I hold on for too goddamn long... With my first ever boyfriend, it's almost been, what, 2 years since we broke up, and I still think about him. It doesn't hurt me... Same thing with my other ex... It's weird. I live my life as normal, but just... Everything, from the texture of the grass, to the sound of a certain songbird, just brings me back to the past.

I get weird out when people rebounds (date) after losing a loved one. For me, it takes a while, to get back out there. The warmth of the memories keeps me nice and cozy... Even crying over them feels good. It's weird. Sometimes, I'll wonder, what if my INFJ ex was here, what funny jokes I'd tell him, or what he'd think of me if I wore a certain dress I never worn before... I'd replay it in my mind, only to be disappointed that it's not real, and it will never happen.

I don't know if I'm still in love with him... It's more like... I'm in love with the memories. I'm in love with the future possibilities that we might get back together. I'm irrational, I know. :l

Yet, I get excited of perhaps a new love to come to me. The endless possibilities, the new memories, the excitement... I like those too!

WOW, I can totally relate! its like you took the words out of my mouth. but turn he into she:laughing:

There are times when my mind wanders so my EX - broken up for around 2 years as well. Agree that i don't really miss her...its more the memories I have. I relive those quite a bit, especially when in those downer moods. I wonder sometimes if I'll ever experience things like that again...Though i don't ever dream about getting back together. but insead find a girl that has all the same qualities i like and none of the ones I didn't haha

Reactions: Questor

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
I remember my INFJ first ex used to take a video of me using his phone even when I was doing nothing but whining a lot playfully..He liked to capture random moments of me like that... He was awkward, but cute and sweet in his own way

·
Registered
6,993 Posts
Okay, if I start a thread over at INFJ forum,'' You know you're an INFP and your ex is an INFJ if....'' , will you contribute? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Oh geez. Well the ex I felt really duped from, for the longest time I had anger and resentment when I thought of him. Now, when I see pictures of him on Facebook, I think "Wow, he looks stupid trying to be so cool."

As for my last ex, god.. I see him every other day at school.... He's 6 years older than I am but neither of us felt the difference..we connected so well that I feel like I can't connect that way with anyone else. He's so special. I don't know his type but I'm gonna guess ISFJ. Definitely IxFx though. Anyway, I want him very badly.. I had some seriously strong love for that guy and some of that is still there. But I'm with someone else now. And I have such strong feelings for my ex that I'm quite literally considering moving away after this semester of school so I don't end up kissing him or something since I'm trying to commit myself to someone else. What a sad mess...

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
I hate, just walking outside, knowing that I am just simply and utterly alone... If my INFJ ex and I were to hang out... I'd be as casual as shit... But once he turns around, I'll stare at him and just wish he would come to me and hold my hand or give me a hug.

I remember when we first met... We hung out the second or third time... We would walk around having some fun, and I would look at his hands, and smile just how strong and warm they look... How good it would feel to hold them... And sooner enough, he held my hand.

It is one of my most favorite memories of us... The part where him and me, became we. <3
oh gosh.

this post is depressing me terribly. but in a kinda good way :sad:

gosh, terribly sweet!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts

You really do know how to love a man :tongue:

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I feel stupid. I fell into two relationships in a row where I was being used and abused. And all because I ignored red flags and allowed myself to love anyway (waaaaay to easy for me to do). I never want to get back with either of my exes. Both were extremely unhealthy and claimed to be INFJ/INTJ.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts