Personality Cafe banner

21 - 40 of 60 Posts

Registered
*NFP 852 Intellectual ambivert, amphibian, empath, strategist, mystical, anarchist, weird stuff
You are really questioning all the different scenarios which I do too, but that's because of trickster Ne. And tests are basically meaningless, because most of them are based off of dichotomies. Maybe take a cognitive function test? Those aren't too reliable either, since I got Ne dominant, but it'll somewhat help maybe. I think the best way to do it is to look at the inferior function, then the aux-tert and then maybe the shadow functions? That's how it helped me, and it might not be the same with you.
If I am infj I have Te trickster Fi critic and Si demon, what does it mean.
Yes tests do not help me at all but just falling in the trap of over analyses again...
Which way do you advise exactly ?

Registered
INFJ 5w4
Every Introverted Intuitive type, INxx. I'm still not entirely certain that I am an INFJ.

However, in conjunction with the Enneagram system, I relate a lot to how the INFJ 5 manifests and how the functions work together, as well as the pitfalls of being this personality combination.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If I am infj I have Te trickster Fi critic and Si demon, what does it mean.
Yes tests do not help me at all but just falling in the trap of over analyses again...
Which way do you advise exactly ?
I think the best way is to find your dominant and inferior functions. The inferior was easier for me to identify. And then the aux-tert. Once you find the dominant and inferior, the ones in the middle will be fairly easier. Maybe, make a post and answer those commonly used questionnaire questions. That's what I did and it was pretty helpful.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Every Introverted Intuitive type, INxx. I'm still not entirely certain that I am an INFJ.

However, in conjunction with the Enneagram system, I relate a lot to how the INFJ 5 manifests and how the functions work together, as well as the pitfalls of being this personality combination.
Ne vs Ni is a pretty big difference, so I think it will be easier to type yourself. And when you finally type yourself, make sure you take thoughts from multiple variables because relying on one single thing isn't usually the best way.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I believe in the 4 dichotomies NOT that cognitive function shit. All I had to do tic a few more J questions and I would have been an INFJ.

Well, I prefer to believe in the cognitive functions because it's more detailed and supported. Because the dichotomies aren't too reliable. If I had used dichotomies, I could've easily typed myself as an INTJ or INTP because of Ti-Ni loop, Fi demon and Ne trickster. But of course, if you believe in the dichotomies, go with that.

Registered
Occasionally Digitigrade
I wanted to make the title a bit short but if you didn't understand the question, I was asking: When you typed yourself, which type did you confuse yourself with. And if you didn't get confused at all, which type are you most similar to? Mine is INTJ or INTP.
Over the span of 20 years, type considerations (or results) were: INTJ, INFJ, and INTP. I self-typed as INTP when I stumbled on similarminds.com website back when it first went online. An assessment in high school for career aptitude gave me the INTJ type (to my surprise). In my late twenties, I revisited and considered INTP and INFJ thinking perhaps I'd been mistyped - hoping to learn something new and delving a bit deeper into the model. Again, I got INTJ multiple times for various quizzes an by my own research into Jung and Myers-Briggs. Thinking and Feeling are closer in weight than when I was young, though. I've softened quite a bit.

I've also learned it can be very hard to self-type if you're in any sort of seriously stressful time or having mental health difficulties.

I believe in the 4 dichotomies NOT that cognitive function shit. All I had to do tic a few more J questions and I would have been an INFJ.

This is a good policy. People make it way more complicated than it is (I've been guilty of this as well) trying to expand the scope of mbti far beyond any feasible application. It is a method to describe certain aspects of personality, but it isn't a total picture of a person's personality... not even close. The 8 function model makes it all the more obscure and needlessly confusing.

Registered
INFP, 4w5 sx/sp 鈾
I鈥檝e always typed as INFP, ever since learning about this a decade ago, but I have also considered INTP, ENFP, and INFJ. I ruled out INFJ due to cognitive functions (I鈥檓 not Ni+Fe), and I ruled out ENFP due to realizing that just because I don鈥檛 relate to the 鈥淚 want to be a hermit and live alone forever鈥 threads in the INFP forum doesn鈥檛 make me an extrovert.

I鈥檝e never fully ruled out INTP, but I鈥檓 99% sure I鈥檓 an Fi-dom because, gun to my head, what I 鈥渇eel鈥 is right will take precedence. Also, what INTP obsesses over cringe romantic stuff? I know a lot of INTPs and none of them are so inclined 鈥 it tends to clash with Ti. Same with being obsessed with following my dreams and all that. I think an INFP inclined to nerdy interests and with poor social skills will see themselves in the INTP descriptions. I also tested as INTP during a high school MBTI assessment for AP US History. But I think INFP makes more sense. Additionally, I have a friend who claims to be pretty good at visual typing and she says I definitely have the countenance of an INFP, so I鈥檓 just gonna go with it.

I鈥檓 also certain I鈥檓 a 4w5 in the enneagram which also points more towards INFP, though it鈥檚 not a perfect correlation.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Over the span of 20 years, type considerations (or results) were: INTJ, INFJ, and INTP. I self-typed as INTP when I stumbled on similarminds.com website back when it first went online. An assessment in high school for career aptitude gave me the INTJ type (to my surprise). In my late twenties, I revisited and considered INTP and INFJ thinking perhaps I'd been mistyped - hoping to learn something new and delving a bit deeper into the model. Again, I got INTJ multiple times for various quizzes an by my own research into Jung and Myers-Briggs. Thinking and Feeling are closer in weight than when I was young, though. I've softened quite a bit.

I've also learned it can be very hard to self-type if you're in any sort of seriously stressful time or having mental health difficulties.
Man, 20 years? I didn't even know the theory was created that long ago. And I'm pretty sure that a lot of people soften as they get older. Self typing with stress does make it harder. Especially, when you are in cognitive loops, it makes it much more difficult to identify what type you actually are. As well as the truth being buried under stereotypes.

Premium Member
INTJ 5w6 Sp/Sx 593
I typed myself as INFJ at first since I related to Se Inferior. There always has to be reason for the things I do, or rather, a greater message behind it I can relate to.
At the same time, I didn't really relate to the INTJ type because I thought most descriptions of them just made them out to be incredibly harsh, and tactical "masterminds."
I knew some people said that I gave a certain INTJ "vibe" (mainly ENFPs), but I mainly dismissed it at first. Then I realized a few things about myself that seemed to stray away from INFJs.

• I can feel sympathetic to others, but I don't empathize well. Whenever I try to comfort someone, I have to relate it through myself first, and to diagnose their feelings from how I would perceive those same events.
  • I categorize every part of my day in order to meet certain objectives. It gets almost ridiculous. During some jobs, I would separate the time of the day in order to prioritize certain tasks.
  • I tend to feel emotions deeply, but I hate talking about them. It feels like someone is twisting a knife in a cut. (INFJs usually say that it feels like they are navigating a "fog")
  • Some family members said I can be extremely argumentative, blunt and exceedingly harsh when I'm convinced that I'm right. I don't even notice most of the time because I'm oblivious.

Despite those things, I still didn't feel like I fit the INTJ category. So I decided to do more research, and got typed by three different sources.
Surprisingly, every single one of them disagreed with my INFJ conclusion, and stated that I was INTJ. I also did more research and read more into Jung, and I found that it fits (once you ignore the stereotypes).
So I guess there we have it.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
I typed myself as INFJ at first since I related to Se Inferior. There always has to be reason for the things I do, or rather, a greater message behind it I can relate to.
At the same time, I didn't really relate to the INTJ type because I thought most descriptions of them just made them out to be incredibly harsh, and tactical "masterminds."
I knew some people said that I gave a certain INTJ "vibe" (mainly ENFPs), but I mainly dismissed it at first. Then I realized a few things about myself that seemed to stray away from INFJs.

• I can feel sympathetic to others, but I don't empathize well. Whenever I try to comfort someone, I have to relate it through myself first, and to diagnose their feelings from how I would perceive those same events.
  • I categorize every part of my day in order to meet certain objectives. It gets almost ridiculous. During some jobs, I would separate the time of the day in order to prioritize certain tasks.
  • I tend to feel emotions deeply, but I hate talking about them. It feels like someone is twisting a knife in a cut. (INFJs usually say that it feels like they are navigating a "fog")
  • Some family members said I can be extremely argumentative, blunt and exceedingly harsh when I'm convinced that I'm right. I don't even notice most of the time because I'm oblivious.

Despite those things, I still didn't feel like I fit the INTJ category. So I decided to do more research, and got typed by three different sources.
Surprisingly, every single one of them disagreed with my INFJ conclusion, and stated that I was INTJ. I also did more research and read more into Jung, and I found that it fits (once you ignore the stereotypes).
So I guess there we have it.
Stereotypes are deadass annoying. I suck at sports and I thought I was an INTP because of that. Then, I thought I was an INTJ but after a few days, my Se slapped me in the face and I realized that I was no where near INTJ and I was just in a Ti-Ni loop. I can't relate to hating talking about emotions but I guess that's Fi.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I鈥檝e always typed as INFP, ever since learning about this a decade ago, but I have also considered INTP, ENFP, and INFJ. I ruled out INFJ due to cognitive functions (I鈥檓 not Ni+Fe), and I ruled out ENFP due to realizing that just because I don鈥檛 relate to the 鈥淚 want to be a hermit and live alone forever鈥 threads in the INFP forum doesn鈥檛 make me an extrovert.

I鈥檝e never fully ruled out INTP, but I鈥檓 99% sure I鈥檓 an Fi-dom because, gun to my head, what I 鈥渇eel鈥 is right will take precedence. Also, what INTP obsesses over cringe romantic stuff? I know a lot of INTPs and none of them are so inclined 鈥 it tends to clash with Ti. Same with being obsessed with following my dreams and all that. I think an INFP inclined to nerdy interests and with poor social skills will see themselves in the INTP descriptions. I also tested as INTP during a high school MBTI assessment for AP US History. But I think INFP makes more sense. Additionally, I have a friend who claims to be pretty good at visual typing and she says I definitely have the countenance of an INFP, so I鈥檓 just gonna go with it.

I鈥檓 also certain I鈥檓 a 4w5 in the enneagram which also points more towards INFP, though it鈥檚 not a perfect correlation.
I think it's possible for an INTP to obsess over cringe. I do it and I'm somewhat similar to them. You never heard me saying this btw.

Banned
Back in the 90s I was in a very famous TV show
I can't really relate to any type different from INTP, even when I question often what I am, but maybe ENTP whenever my Ne is at its peak.

Registered
I'm still not sure what my type might be. Few poeple type me as INFP, few as INTJ, and the others an INTP. I'm still in a dielemma, I've been doing a little research lately, and I think I might have come a little closer to knowing myself. At the same time, it feels like I've gotten nowhere near being sure of my type. Determining my MBTI type seems to be the hardest than any other, while I could immeditely relate to my enneagram or my temperaments.

Registered
ISTP
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm still not sure what my type might be. Few poeple type me as INFP, few as INTJ, and the others an INTP. I'm still in a dielemma, I've been doing a little research lately, and I think I might have come a little closer to knowing myself. At the same time, it feels like I've gotten nowhere near being sure of my type. Determining my MBTI type seems to be the hardest than any other, while I could immeditely relate to my enneagram or my temperaments.
Well, INTJ vs INTP is quite a difference so maybe look more into Fi vs Fe and Ti vs Te?

Registered
ISTP 9w8 鈾
All of the XXTP types and XSXP types, so basically any Ti or Se dom/aux. I eventually narrowed it down to XSTP. I have gotten ESTP on several online tests lately, and although I know those tests aren't perfectly accurate, I am considering it - I still think Ti dom fits better for now though. I am also still considering XNTP.

Registered
As a young adult I often wondered if I was INTP.
I was quite shy and often retreated to theoretical stuff and avoided complex relationships.

It wasn't until I was in my early 30's that I developed maturity and allowed my natural personality evolve.
I've always typed as an ENTP and I often wondered why it didn't really 'fit me' accurately in my past.
I suspect that suppression of my emotional confidence during my youth is why I often thought I may have been an INTP.

Registered
I've got tested along the time as: ENTP, INFP, INTP, ISTP, ENFP, ISFJ, ESFJ, ISTJ, ISFP, ESFP.

I never typed myself, I just analysed people with different personalities and matched the commonialities.
The more specific a trait is to a personality type, the more it is worth. The more specific personality traits you have, the more likely that personality type.

Registered
I was never quite sure how to type myself. There is this difficult relationship between who you think you are and would do, what you actually are and do, and what other people think you are and do. And the truth is probably somewhere indeterminate along an axis of degrees.

And typology systems, even within the same one like MBTI, have many different angles and takes. Plus I was always a mercurial person and so on any given day (even within the same day) I would act in multiple different ways with different people and in different contexts. Sometimes I would simply be at different states of mind throughout the day regardless of contexts or people, but I was never able to distill this down into something reliable. I couldn't get a clear answer from playing a numbers game of insert thinking/action/form through which those are filtered and then tick off what happened the most, as it turns out they all happened somewhat equally.

Some would say this is a sign of an undifferentiated type or someone who has developed in an abnormal manner. This might be true, though I also believe that perhaps the theory (or theories) really just aren't that helpful to me as an individual. Typology may also be very flawed, though I think some of Jung's intuitions about people were heading in the right direction, helped perhaps, by his clinical engagement with patients.

I settled on Fe dom largely because I mistook my anxiety disorder, among other disorders, to be a normal state of functioning and so an aversion to emotional disruption and conflict I took to align with wanting the Fe notion (I'm generalising here) of group feeling to be pleasant for all parties. This was the strongest impulse within me, that of not wanting emotional disruption.

Incidentally, and this is a digression, while I generally favour this more recent appraisal of mental illness as something to be discussed and understood, out in the open, I am very cynical of those who I detect are using it as an excuse and/or as a way to garner attention through difference. Anyone who has suffered from such dysfunction would likely see it as an obstacle to living (for want of a better word) 'normally'. And I don't use the term 'normally' as lightly as to mean what everyone else is doing but as living unimpeded and influenced by something that is not tied to circumstance or situation.

In other words, I would constantly feel impulses and emotions that were unconcerned with context, reason or preference. These would then attach themselves to whatever and whenever and create emotions and thoughts that I can only describe as distorted. I've tried a lot of things to get this as under control as possible, so that I can act as freely (or as close to within the causal puzzle of our actions) as I would like. This makes self-examination difficult, as it's hard to trust your own thoughts and feelings under those conditions.

There are some who feel that the broken and mad are somehow more insightful and evolved. And there are certainly ideas and insights that can come from those areas which are very revealing and which many people may not have thought about otherwise. However, on a personal level, I can only see it as a confusing obstacle, which stands in the way of knowing any kind of truth about myself.

This has made it difficult to look at myself with any objectivity and claim to understand the patterns that drive me since the patterns themselves are being twisted through a kaleidoscope hidden from consciousness. However, maybe that is just the unconscious.

I suppose the one overall drive is that I constantly question any decision with "will this cause unnecessary harm"? And what is or isn't necessary is complicated and often personal and therefore open to the abuses of ego-centric drives. But I do know that sometimes you have to harm to help, you have to stand up to people and upset them in order to do what can be considered right, with conviction.

And that is a strong drive in my life, but I am also quite flappable, I'm easily defeated and can be very weak. So I had to make myself...almost my own enemy, and look harshly at my actions and emotions. To leave some aspect of my mind to be vigilant to whatever might arise so that I can catch myself in the moment and turn weakness into strength.

Registered
Probably xSFP, probably 4w3
The very first time I took a personality test as a teen I got intj... lmao
When I came to understand better the whole theory I narrowed it down to the four SP types... still trying to figure out if I'm an isfp or an esfp, but at least I'm quite sure about the functions

21 - 40 of 60 Posts