Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the title goes: When your (amazing) ideas get crushed

The pain when people just don't get your ideas and then instead of yours they will come with something ordinary, pasé and oh so boring ideas. :angry:

Ok so I just going to write this for my own selfish purpose so I do not expect any responses.

But if you however reading this I must explain the situation, like many other students around the world we are graduating. The tradition on our school for the last years is that we are supposed to dress up as (insert idea) and make fun of the freshmen. This is a precious tradition which has kept going for years, now it is our turn but the creativity is practually dead.. After many debates it is agreed that we are going to have the same theme as the previous year, FBI..
This may or may not seem fun to you but believe it is not, many of us wanted the Lord of the Rings or maybe post-apocalyps ( zombies,nuclear-war or the bibles fall) but that was too geeky..

I don't know why they are so obsessed with their appearances although my Intj friend thinks they just genuinley believe it is super fun with already-done-that-themes and that the majority is s people who don't know how to think out of the box. I don't believe it is true but in times like these you start to wonder.

Normally my enthusiasm would convince many but now they are really determined or just too lazy to do anything else. I just wanted to do something original and make people remember us not play it safe :crying:

It feels as if you are surronded by boring-dumb people but since the majority wants something safe-theme maybe it is just me who is the dumb one..
Right now I'm just really frustrated because all the amazing possibilities that we can do are now just flushed down the toilet never to comeback but the worst part is tha thoughts will just keep on coming, thoughts like: oh we could do this! and this! THIS! It is just pointless..

How you encountered something similiar? :dry:Write off your irritation!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Get the people with imagination to dress up as terrorists/outlaws? Tbh sounds like they've handed you a chance to take the piss out of them on a platter.

As long as you can get enough people to go along with it ofc.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah that was kind of the idea, to make all the younger ones the criminals but thing is that it is the same as the previous year.. But yeah nothing to do just feeling the irritation~~
I think he meant you find few other people, so a group of you who graduate could dress up as criminals and troll your own generation. Which seems like epic fun to me, even if he didn't mean that.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think he meant you find few other people, so a group of you who graduate could dress up as criminals and troll your own generation. Which seems like epic fun to me, even if he didn't mean that.
Oh.. Yeah.. God I hate it when stuff like this happens, I just read things completely wrong.. Thanks for clearing it all up :proud:

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
When the ideas fail... Improvise a movement. The power of a movement or that ability to get people excited is worth it's weight in gold when you understand how to use it effectively. Be the rebel for your cause and inspire an empire.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Usually, all my ideas are great. But the times that they "aren't as great" it's usually proven with comments like: "I've never tried that before, but I have tried *insert boring already-done idea* and it works great!" Kinda sucks.

But it doesn't happen enough for it to be a problem :kitteh:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Get the people with imagination to dress up as terrorists/outlaws? Tbh sounds like they've handed you a chance to take the piss out of them on a platter.

As long as you can get enough people to go along with it ofc.
Ah! This is good! Russians, people in black and white, stripy prison suits, Brown trench coats and fedoras and tabloids with holes cut in them to look trough, orange prison outfits, british spies, turbans, fake bombs strapped to che.. And there we have a national incident.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
My ideas are liquid gold baby. I just put them in a glass from time to time to give it shape so others can see it.
Go ahead and smash away, the value's still there and really, you're only hurting yourself.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Oh.. Yeah.. God I hate it when stuff like this happens, I just read things completely wrong.. Thanks for clearing it all up :proud:
You're welcome. ^ ^ It happens too often with us ENTPs. We just go with the flow of whatever interpretation first came to our minds. XD Unless it's something "serious."

·
Registered
43 Posts
Psh, my ideas cannot be crushed.
They can only be misunderstood, under appreciated, and beyond the comprehension of the beholders.

Besides, they flow at such a solid, firm rate that when one fizzles into nothingness, two more take its place.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
My answer isn't going to be fun like the others. Maybe you already know the concept but . . . .

A million years ago when I was an art student we had the critique time of our work in class. It was surprising to me how a lot of quality ideas would be sooooo different from each other and still all be "A" work. . . . . . It's different in the real world. What wins is what serves the purpose of the person buying the concept. Are you good at selling or creating a buy-in for your ideas?

People will always think about what is in it for them. Fact is an awful lot of girls want to look the way they have dreamed they would look for a time like this. Guys want the girls to be happy and pretty, not clever zombies. Sex, money, creature comforts and social status often have to figure in to selling an idea just as much as being interesting or unique. . . . human nature that probably wont change.

Starting you own movement sounds doable though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts