Personality Cafe banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im full of questions today aren't I! Must be my lil curious enfp mind....

Anyway, fella's...if you're not interested in seeing someone anymore and they try to initate contact would you:
a) ignore them completely
b) keep putting them off and hope they get the hint
c) tell them straight

Curious, as someone is not being straight with me. We only dated a few months then I broke it off with him as had a pretty turbulant time coming up and knew i'd be a mess and didn't really want to put that on him or infact, let him witness my dark side, knowing he's sensitive...strangely, he shared a dark secret with me right near the beginning (i was gobsmacked and really happy he trusted me with it), a couple of times also asked my opinion on a couple of important things....finance, body issues etc....

Anyway, yes....what would you do?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I usually tell them straight but if I feel they don't care or don't wanna listen, I just ignore them completely. But if he's ignoring you, it doesn't mean he doesn't like you either. He could very well be needing some time alone.

I definitely don't do the "keep putting them off and hope they get the hint" thing. Actually, I really hate change, so someone will have to have done something really bad for me to stop talking to them. It's sad really... people use me and treat me like crap and I keep coming back for more! Oh well : ) I don't regret it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Well.... It depends on the person. I do whatever I think will cause the least amount of animosity. If the female is the type that will spread gossip and be vindictive. I get busy and disappear. The less that is said to that type the better. Speaking to that type only makes the break up worse.
2.Tell them straight which can then go into two other choices: A. If ihey were just evil plain EVIL. I will tell that it just will never work out.
B. If they were sweet I will do everything in my power to follow up and check on them and be their friend. I have quite of a few ex's that are great friends.

·
Banned
168 Posts
Tell them straight but in a gentle way, even if it's going to blow up or she's going to get mad

Anything less and I'd hate myself

1 - 4 of 4 Posts