·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would really enjoy meeting, and just generally hanging out with another ISTP
I spend a lot of time around Es
a lot
of time
and I would just really enjoy hanging out with someone a bit more introverted, ISTP especially

But how on earth am I supposed to find any?
I myself usually only venture out when friends invite or force me out, so I don't get out all that much in the first place

and if other ISTPs are any similar the chances of us meeting is already slim to none!
please tell me there is some kind coffee shop we're all supposed to hang out at or something
also, please tell me that coffee shop isn't starbucks

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
you can find me at work, at home, or at the grocery store. on rare occasions, you can find me at karaoke night if my ESTP friend was especially persuasive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
LOL
Yeah good luck with that.
maybe I should ambush them when they are required to leave the house?
grocery shopping will probably be one of the least productive places

maybe a bookstore?
wait
damn
with internet books and comics why would an introvert ever need to leave their home
oh wow
this seems pretty hopeless

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you can find me at work, at home, or at the grocery store. on rare occasions, you can find me at karaoke night if my ESTP friend was especially persuasive.
so yeah I guess grocery shopping would be just about the only place I'd ever meet another ISTP...

so no secret hangout then?

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
hiking tracks, indoor climbing, pool halls during competitions (youd be amazed how many of the top are istp's), mountain trails.

Basically, just go out and have fun the way you like it the most and see if you can find someone. If your an istp then you have the same interests so might run into them.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Every once in a while, you can find me with my black coffee at Starbucks most likely surfing on my tablet. You won't find me when I'm at home unless I'm online gaming on my PC, but you'll most likely find me at any of my particular hobbies I enjoy. Right now that would probably be airsoft events. A bunch of guys will thow on some camo and gear, get together in a field and shoot each other with plastic BB's being flung at around 400fps. There you'll find me creeping in the woods or holding down challenging positions (with the occasional suicide run).

I could see a lot of ISTP's being airsofting types. I like everything military, I like guns, and I like being put in combat-like situations. It also lets you shoot people with realistic-looking guns legally. My airsoft M14 EBR for example-

You can also find me at a pub drinking a pint (most likely a porter or stout).

·
Registered
745 Posts
I'm on hiking trails, grocery stores, bike paths/trails, rock gyms, church, and the mall on the rare occasion. I also frequent my friends' places/my house also, but you'll likely have to have met me before or have a mutual friend. I ditto @Kadjunga's advice on finding ISTPs.

And secret hang out? Yes, there is one -- it's in my mind.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
man I wish there was an indoor climbing gym around me
just about the most fun physical sport I can think of

but thanks, I should really get on some more trails too

·
Registered
2,264 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
It can be hard to find ISTP's if you don't know what to look for. Since joining PerC ande discussing issues about ISTP, I find it easier to type people, however I guess you never really know unless they have taken the test themselves.
This forum is obviously a good place to start though.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
a lot
of time
and I would just really enjoy hanging out with someone a bit more introverted, ISTP especially

I myself usually only venture out when friends invite or force me out, so I don't get out all that much in the first place

and if other ISTPs are any similar the chances of us meeting is already slim to none!
please tell me there is some kind coffee shop we're all supposed to hang out at or something
Ask yourself, have I ever really stopped to observe these so-called exraverts that I am hanging out with? What do I really know about them? Do they over share things that as an introvert you would never divulge? People see extraverted behavior and confuse it for being an extravert, when if asked you may find you know nothing about the person or what you do know is over the course of years. I say this because, ever thought they're right under your nose and you are confusing the behavior for being extraverted?

·
Registered
819 Posts
a lot
of time

I'm here...just lurking until I read something that pushes a button and I have to respond to.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
haha god damn, introverts are so damn obvious
I don't know why I thought this would be hard

so I'm hanging out with my friends at some beach social, when a couple more friends show up
everyone starts huddling up and hugging and all that, while me, and one other person are content to stand a good three to four paces away from the mosh
her behavior pretty much continues throughout the night as we are practically in the same exact spot a bit away from our friends time and again

introduce self to cute girl with my typical introverted greeting, similar response
turns out she's sarcastic, cynical, bored of group events with nothing going on, and wants to be an architect

if that is not obvious enough I don't even want to know

Ask yourself, have I ever really stopped to observe these so-called exraverts that I am hanging out with? What do I really know about them? Do they over share things that as an introvert you would never divulge? People see extraverted behavior and confuse it for being an extravert, when if asked you may find you know nothing about the person or what you do know is over the course of years. I say this because, ever thought they're right under your nose and you are confusing the behavior for being extraverted?
no... no they are definitely all extroverted :I
I had one who I thought was introverted, turns out he was just a really shy guy!

in fact you would be hard pressed to find a group of friends more extroverted than them

·
Registered
697 Posts
I don't really need ISTP friends (or friends in general for that matter), but I am working on making a clone of myself to include my cognitive functions. This isn't really for a like-minded friend as much as it is to replace my ENFP little brother. He's way too sensitive.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't really need ISTP friends (or friends in general for that matter)
I would be fine with no friends
I am completely content to stay home every day and just play videogames and surf the web
but friends are fun

but I am working on making a clone of myself to include my cognitive functions. This isn't really for a like-minded friend as much as it is to replace my ENFP little brother. He's way too sensitive.
you mean a clone to have sex with right?
I see no other possibilities or options to take in such a situation
that is the only outcome

1 - 20 of 27 Posts