Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just found out my sister is ESFJ and was curious to know some on here.
But where are they, eh?

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
Im 70% sure my sister is ESFJ as well. there is still a very high chance for her to be ENFJ *crosses fingers*

·
Registered
372 Posts
My sister is also ESFJ. She is busy taking care of her children and her home, meeting friends and relatives etc.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I scared the couple of ESFJs we had on this forum off. I was sure that my mother was one but turns out she's probably closer to ESFP.

I agree with the above; Most ESFJ's don't get around on the internet so they wouldn't really find us. (Note:Most)

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Quick someone make a lol cat say "I hads u an esfj, but I eated it."

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Woah, Troll is ESFJ??? haha

The externalised value system freaks me out a bit with ESFJs. Also occassionaly I do feel very guilt manipulated and suspect she looks down on me a lot because she does't realise that her goals and ideals are very far removed from my own desires for my life.
She is however a lot of fun to talk to and get a bit tipsy with! There in a flash if something hits the fan (though she might tell everyone your personal business at the same time).

It's nice to know more where she's coming from. Even to understanding that though she complains about keeping house and hosting get togethers, she secretly digs it. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
ESFJs are awesome! They're really not internet people, though.
I'll second Cryptonia, "The world is their forum!"

Reactions: intj_2

·
Registered
3,573 Posts
In my house...
I can't tell if her extremely high Fe is a good or a bad thing. It seems to be a double-edged sword.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What makes you say that?
Well he comes online which apparently isn't very typical. Also, his choice to come the forums only to throw a few quirky statements in. It doesn't seem as though he's actively trying to connect with people (though he can be responsive if you chase him), which I would think and ESFJ would do?

The random quirkiness also seems odd to me - I certainly can't see my sister doing the same thing. I sort of view ESFJ as the eternal parental figures, which doesn't seem something Troll is most inclined to do at all (from what I've seen online). He is like an ESFJ in that he seems very keen to keep details about his life, even the little ones, to himself unless quite pushed (and even then, good bloody luck). Anyways, he's pretty cool and his randomness appeals to me. Also a giver of good advice if sufficient whining is thrust upon him. :laughing:

·
Registered
100 Posts
My mom scored as ESFJ when I had her take a version of the MBTI test, though I really have no idea if that is in fact her type; (maybe I should go over funtionality more to really define it, though maybe I'm too tainted by closer relations to truly type her...) she is certainly a feeler though, so it's likely Fe is her dominant function and I definitely can't see her as an ENFJ.

When I was younger she used to be extremely doting, possibly to the point of corrupting my own motivational ability now, (she's even commented on this) though whenever you dissapoint her she is not stingy about voicing it whatsoever. I don't think my mom is a very "traditional" ESFJ though; my family (or in other words her and I) is lower-middle class at best, so she never really had any reasoning to feel a great deal of conceit as I know more traditional ESFJs probably do, or otherwise those that get exactly where they planned to as young adults, which I'm sure is common of ESFJs.

I believe my manager at work is also ESFJ... As I already conceptually mentioned, if you stay on her good side then she's a nice person, but she's very quick to scold anyone whenever they dissapoint her regarding anything, which I find very morally wrong. She's also really critical of any sort of eccentricity, and of course me being a male INFJ into things such as comics and gaming doesn't really have me understand those thoughts at all...

With regards to the "abhorrence of eccentricity" idea, I think that does support the notion that you won't find most on ESFJs, which I guess actually answer the question of the thread ha ha... Sorry about the tangent if I bored anyone (assuming people actually read this).

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
I think ESFJ are 2nd in being so extroverted to a ESFP.
They are very social butterflies.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No one had anything to comment regarding my extant? Did anything seem familiar to those that are closely associated with some ESFJs?
Your manager sounds like my sister :D
But ofcourse there's differing degrees of ESFJs. Some might be almost border line between traits.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
ESFP are fun, but so extroverted that it gets annoying .... and that's coming from an extrovert.

Reactions: DayLightSun
1 - 20 of 56 Posts