Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been reading the INTJ forum and i think I have fallen in love. You guys are the best! Because of my new found obsession with INTJ's I want to know where to find you elusive creatures. I read somewhere that you all are one of the rarest types next to INFJ's. Is there a distinctive way you dress, talk, eat, walk, smile or any outward behaviors you have? It would be nice to find a INTJ friend to talk to once in a while.

·
MOTM Nov 2009
4,132 Posts
Singularity is right -- there seem to be scores of this type online, but they're incredibly hard to find in an actual outside setting. It may sound stereotypical, but the place I found my INTJ friend was at the library. You might think to try there, but you probably wouldn't have any luck anyway.

·
Registered
912 Posts
Singularity is right -- there seem to be scores of this type online, but they're incredibly hard to find in an actual outside setting. It may sound stereotypical, but the place I found my INTJ friend was at the library. You might think to try there, but you probably wouldn't have any luck anyway.

haha...i almost said at the bookstore......

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The only people I find in libraries and book stores are lonely NF's who talk about their feelings *cringe*. Who else am I going to talk about my plans for world domination and the enslavement of the human race? SJ's? not!

·
Registered
912 Posts
Sshhh I'm going outside in about 15mins with my ISTJ...uh w/e he is...we'll say friend. I haven't left the house since Friday at 10pm.

Oh yeah, and after lunch we are going to a bookstore. LOL I'm serious.
haha....(writhing in jealousy over your having an ISTJ!!!) sadly I have been to Barnes and Noble and Borders only this wkend............well, outside of things I HAD to do like the grocery. :laughing:

·
Registered
INFP
1,394 Posts
I can only speak for myself but I usually dress with low profile clothes. There has to be a logic even in the clothes I buy, I dont go for the look, I go for the usefulness usually.

And of course I'm almost always in the library doing school stuff, reading additional stuff for own satisfaction or infront of a computer posting on message boards hehe.

I have an INTP and ISTJ friend if you're interested girls --:)wink:)--

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
INTJs wont do anything outwardly to give themselves away. If they did they wouldn't be INTJ.
Libraries, Laboratories, Pilots, Computer data centers, All good places. Look for the ones doing things on their own with no supervision and not waiting for leadership to kick in.
Odds are they wont be smiling and may be annoyed at being interrupted.
Caffeine and sweets make a great peace offering.

·
Registered
226 Posts
While actually finding an INTJ is incredibly difficult, don't assume that just by finding one of us that you'll be able to befriend him/her. INTJs keep small groups of friends. By small I mean ranging from 1-4 people. We have acquaintances beyond those few, of course, but we rarely share our best traits with those people.

But don't be discouraged! Search us out and if all else fails find us online. Good luck!

·
Registered
128 Posts
I also agree that it is easier to find us online--otherwise, try the library or bookstore. I tend to spend my free time wandering at my school's library or walking in circles at Borders or Barnes and Noble. How to spot me? Well, most people who know me think that I'm a bit crazy, but I tend to seem a bit snobbish or standoffish--I also keep to myself and may seem like a loner at times--but I am also walking around with a smile on my face or laughing to myself because I just thought of something hilarious. Also, I think we tend to have a strange sense of humor or can be seen talking about science a lot of the time, etc.

That's all I got so far.

Oh, I almost forgot... Everytime I'm outside I'm listening to music and reading; it helps to discourage people from starting a conversation with me.

·
Registered
INFP
1,394 Posts
I am also walking around with a smile on my face or laughing to myself because I just thought of something hilarious. Also, I think we tend to have a strange sense of humor or can be seen talking about science a lot of the time, etc.
YES! I tend to make so many puns when I speak to myself in my head, I struggle to not laugh in public.

I guess we're a weird bunch.. :proud:

·
Registered
676 Posts
I also agree that it is easier to find us online--otherwise, try the library or bookstore. I tend to spend my free time wandering at my school's library or walking in circles at Borders or Barnes and Noble. How to spot me? Well, most people who know me think that I'm a bit crazy, but I tend to seem a bit snobbish or standoffish--I also keep to myself and may seem like a loner at times--but I am also walking around with a smile on my face or laughing to myself because I just thought of something hilarious. Also, I think we tend to have a strange sense of humor or can be seen talking about science a lot of the time, etc.

That's all I got so far.

Oh, I almost forgot... Everytime I'm outside I'm listening to music and reading; it helps to discourage people from starting a conversation with me.
This is great. I tend to look pissed off all the time, but then will suddenly start smiling or laughing at a joke in my head - both of which make others uncomfortable. I totally agree with the strange sense of humor thing too. And yeah, I always have my iPod so people won't approach me.

·
Registered
128 Posts
This is great. I tend to look pissed off all the time, but then will suddenly start smiling or laughing at a joke in my head - both of which make others uncomfortable. I totally agree with the strange sense of humor thing too. And yeah, I always have my iPod so people won't approach me.
Sadly, this does not work all the time... So I added a textbook to the equation--but still, people find a way to bother me. So my advice to the OP is, approach at your own risk. More likely than not, we do not want to be bothered. The only way to get around this is to make a comment about a book (hopefully, something that you had read before) and try to start a conversation out of that. And if you're feeling lucky, start talking about music. I'm willing to listen if someone has the same interests as me--actually, I would be thrilled if someone started talking about music with me.

But those are just my interests. I guess the best way to befriend us is to go into stalker mode. Watch us: find out what our hobbies are or interests, then you go in for the kill. Otherwise, you can always wait until we notice you... something that I do not recommended because I never pay attention to my surroundings. For instance, I kept seeing this girl at the trolley station and I couldn't figure out why she looked familiar. This week I found out that she sits behind me in one of my classes... We're a little past midterms so this is sad and funny at the same time. Have faith little grasshopper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
The only people I find in libraries and book stores are lonely NF's who talk about their feelings *cringe*. Who else am I going to talk about my plans for world domination and the enslavement of the human race? SJ's? not!
The introverted NF's don't really share their feelings... well I can't speak for INFJ's, but I know INFP's keep their feelings to themselves, and listening to plans of world domination and enslavement would be very entertaining. Though the catch is I'd feel the need to stop you if you ever did carry em out, not that I'd ever get around to doing it though.

I've never been able to find an INTJ, though one did find me, online of course. My conversations with her made me wish I could meet more of em.

Y'all should definitely come out of your cave more, so that when life forces me out of my cave I'd have a better chance of running into one of y'all :mellow:

·
Registered
37 Posts
well shoot, umm ... im usually staring at my phone or ipod.. not making eye contact with anybody.. lol
unless ur a really really cute girl then ill be having eye sex with you lol.. but umm other than that
i mind my own business so i understand why it would be hard to find intj's... and amberjorr is right
i do have a small group of friends (2) and just a bunch of aquaintances

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I have been reading the INTJ forum and i think I have fallen in love. You guys are the best! Because of my new found obsession with INTJ's I want to know where to find you elusive creatures. I read somewhere that you all are one of the rarest types next to INFJ's. Is there a distinctive way you dress, talk, eat, walk, smile or any outward behaviors you have? It would be nice to find a INTJ friend to talk to once in a while.
You can find many of us online; there is a
separate INTJ forum on the Web for the
personality type you are interested in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would say, drop the stereotypical image everyone seem to have about INTJ´s...most of them are INTP's I guess. You can find INTJs everywhere in the society in different shapes... its just a question how far that particular INTJ has come in his/her personal growth and matureness. To become a president and being an INTJ then you have to have seen a lot and be willing to fail and grow with the experience. But some people have done it and its doable! I'm 27 and work as an airline captain and prob. not the stereotypical picture people have about an INTJ. I AM QUIET, but dont have any problems to be around people. However I do get tired with what I consider boring conversations and feel the typical Introverted escape feelings quite often. I would say... Look for people that doesnt make sense in a way. Look for the one who is quiet but still talk if you ask him/her questions. In a group of people, look for the one being a bit passive in discussions and more keen in watching everyone else talk than engaged in the conversation. Well dressed but not too fashionlike.

The thinking bit is very important for an INTJ and prob. why most of them are quiet. We can talk a lot if we just find it interesting.... if not... we tend to tune out and get back into our thoughts. I have a very good ENTP friend and I can talk to her forever! She never gets me tired in the same way as most S types do. So once you've found a guy that seem to be quiet but you can hold an interesting conversation with... then I bet you are very close to find you're INTJ. Another thing with ENTPs is that the ones I've met seem to have the same sense of humor which makes the company very enjoyable.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts