Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 45 12.1%
  • Type 2

Votes: 36 9.7%
  • Type 3

Votes: 11 2.9%
  • Type 4

Votes: 106 28.4%
  • Type 5

Votes: 61 16.4%
  • Type 6

Votes: 53 14.2%
  • Type 7

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Type 8

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • Type 9

Votes: 37 9.9%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm disgarding the results

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • I'm too lazy or ignorant to test

Votes: 3 0.8%
1 - 20 of 242 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know where you guys are placed amongst the Enneagram's Types.

Take this test, it takes about 3-10 mins to take probably more like 5: Enneagram Testing

How is the Enneagram typology created? Enneagram Institute's Intro Page

Want to just get the gist of the enneagram types? download this chart: Enneagram Typology Chart link You may have to get a membership, but its free and theres nothing bad that comes of it. I actually like the Enneathought of the Day, as its very helpful for self-help purposes.

Need a better description? Click on a number from the illustration from the Enneagram Institute's Home Page (Click me!)

·
Registered
213 Posts
I've taken it twice over the past year or so and tested type 6 both times.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
4w3, like the signature states. This site gave me 3w4, though I'm not sure if that makes any difference...

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
I'm a 1w9. For a long time I thought I was a 5, but I realized that I was going through a depressive state when I typed as such. I still relate to some of the descriptions of the 5, but I'm usually more concerned in doing things always right and being perfect, than in being knowledgeable.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I'm a 1w9. For a long time I thought I was a 5, but I realized that I was going through a depressive state when I typed as such. I still relate to some of the descriptions of the 5, but I'm usually more concerned in doing things always right and being perfect, than in being knowledgeable.
1w9 here too. I'm a perfectionist at heart as well, but what I related to a lot as well is the so-called 'problem emotion' of Ones: anger. Boy, can I get angry. I'm probably the angriest person I know. I try to deny my rage and strive to be more tranquil though, which is something where the 9 wing comes into play.

I still explode way too often. I'm not even capable of bottling things up inside, my fuse is too short for that.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
:mellow: ...dude, get out of my head. :tongue:

1w9 3w4 6w5 for me

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I relate to 5w6 the most - the description where it says about avarice due to feeling that there isn't enough of something, I can very well relate to that, not physical things but time energy etc. probably my biggest flaw

water in past has pointed out that I might be a 1 because 1s and 5s are somewhat similar but I cannot relate to wanting to always do the correct or proper thing, or wanting to avoid appearing frivolous or angry, so 5 it is

·
Banned
3,725 Posts
1w9 here too. I'm a perfectionist at heart as well, but what I related to a lot as well is the so-called 'problem emotion' of Ones: anger. Boy, can I get angry. I'm probably the angriest person I know. I try to deny my rage and strive to be more tranquil though, which is something where the 9 wing comes into play.

I still explode way too often. I'm not even capable of bottling things up inside, my fuse is too short for that.
Anger is something of a problem for me too, and like you said I try to suppress my anger because it leads to uncontrollable amounts of irrationality. However, I've seen that anger is a major driving force in my life that also leads to major productivity. So instead of whining and being all judgmental, I use that emotion to make things right and change the way the situation is being perceived.

Another constant thing in my life is my inner critic. I'm always being judged by this voice that nothing that I do is right. Even though everyone around me seems to tell me that I'm a hard-worker, the perfect role-model and so on, I don't feel deserving of those titles and think that they must be blind. But now I know better that my standards are way too high, and most others don't know the burden that I carry to be perfect all the way, even though it's impossible.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I hate Enneagram tests, but thanks to this thread I'm resolved to find out my type rather than going with the one I liked the description of when last I looked. If this thread is still alive I'll vote when I know :tongue:

·
Registered
264 Posts
1w2 :

Saw this a personality cafe and it explains my tritypes within 1-2-5 quite nicely:

"1-2-5 : these Ones are kind, helpful and altruistic, but also a bit more introverted and reserved. They usually give to others without asking very much in return, mainly because they dislike receiving something from other people. They can have a vague push-pull dynamic to them: they can be very generous and involved with people, but they will as well demand time alone to rebuild their energy and sort out their thoughts. They often have a wise appearance and enjoy learning and teaching things to others.

typical subtypes: self-preserving, social, 1w2
similar tritypes: 1-5-2, 2-1-5
flavours: dutiful, altruistic, considerate and wise"

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey Wake, how are you doing?

Linking enneagram to MBTI types?

Cool so many ones :laughing: more please :tongue:

1w2
Ya, trying to learn the how MBTI vs Enn sync up to one and other. I'm not fond of how you can change a function of a person and they have a totally different outlook, attitude, and values. I think the MBTI is telling, but its looking in the wrong places for answers. Motivation is a big factor not to test on as the MBTI doesn't, so I go looking for that in each type to place them.

This poll is interesting because its coming up split. Seems like a 1w2 and type 4 would not see eye-to-eye on a variety of issues. Have you seem these enneagram divisions first hand?

Thats a very pretty avatar. I'm doing alright. Schools starting up, and I need to transition back into my strong work ethic ways. Making school central in your life isn't easy.

1 - 20 of 242 Posts