Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Type 2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Type 3

Votes: 23 16.2%
  • Type 4

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Type 5

Votes: 29 20.4%
  • Type 6

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Type 7

Votes: 51 35.9%
  • Type 8

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • Type 9

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm discarding the results

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I dislike the Enneagram too much to share.

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know where you guys are placed amongst the Enneagram's Types.

Take this test, it takes about 3-10 mins to take probably more like 5: Enneagram Testing

How is the Enneagram typology created? Enneagram Institute's Intro Page

Want to just get the gist of the enneagram types? download this chart: Enneagram Typology Chart link You may have to get a membership, but its free and theres nothing bad that comes of it. I actually like the Enneathought of the Day, as its very helpful for self-help purposes.

Need a better description? Click on a number from the illustration from the Enneagram Institute's Home Page (Click me!)

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
The first test is pretty good. It's got me between 3w4 and 3w2, which is accurate, although it leans slightly toward 3w4 (the opposite is true).

I always score reeeeeeeeally low on Two and Four of all the types, and it didn't even display my results for Six. Hmmm? Well, whatever.

The second test just fails. 7w8 sp? O rly? Lulz.

So....Why do you ask?

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I'm a 7w8, or at least thats what I got last time I took the test. It fits me quite well, better than the others, so I never questioned it.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Can't even answer that since I identify with like 3 different ones. I took all the tests I saw just to be sure and i'm still not.

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So....Why do you ask?
I have been looking at a study which shown the correlation between the MBTI types to the Enneagram types, and got curious to run my own little test comparing them. This thread was spammed over all MBTI. Your not too special though I am becoming interested to explore what makes a ENTP the way they are.

I also have trouble understanding how people don't clash with each other when they are the different enneagram types. I think that we just don't arguing over details when someone says something that doesn't really fit.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Tested on the first as either 3, or 9w8 if you take wings into account.

So that makes a lot of sense, then.:tongue:

I have never been able to pin down my enneagram. Most likely for me seems to be a tritype of 7w8/3w2/8w7. However there seem to be increasing numbers of conflicting theories about this, so I've come to the conclusion that it's a load of tripe.

·
Registered
457 Posts
There's not enough votes! Are ENTPs usually 3s or 7s?

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
Really, who knows? I don't think that enneagram is as reliable or as easy to find yourself in as MBTI.

More recently I have concluded I'm a type 6, after taking the perC test and looking into the result more closely. Which came as something of a surprise, as I had never even bothered reading the descriptions of it...no way that could be me, right?

But then I don't know if this is something that changes. Right now I'm in a difficult place emotionally and behaving exactly like a phobic 6, but ask me again next year when all this has blown over.....

Still though, 3 and 7 do feature a lot for many ENTPs, it seems. If you believe tritype I am 6w7-3w2-8w7, so there's a fair bit of 3 and 7 in there.

·
Banned
3,139 Posts
I scored 7w8, but I don't like enneagram as much as mbti. I feel like it was very vague, and not very reliable. But that's just me.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I'm a 8w7. Which I completely agree with considering my childhood and my natural aggression. Though I think that the descriptions for enneagram 8 could get better, as most tend to describe the 8w7as though they are just animals that are on the attack in my opinion. Some people are just angry jerks, that doesn't mean they make up the majority of Type 8.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Anyone else? Is 3 or 8 more common in ENTPs?

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
7 are common amongst ExxPs

·
Banned
92 Posts
I scored 7w8, but I don't like enneagram as much as mbti. I feel like it was very vague, and not very reliable. But that's just me.
Maybe combine the conclusions of both but keep it in fairly separate realms. I feel that both of them gave me more detailed insights on myself.

7w6 3w4 9w8

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
I actually think enneagram is more interesting than MBTI, to be honest. It gets into the core beliefs of an individual and their basic desires/ defense mechanisms. I imagine many people don't like it because it hits too close to home.

Anyways, I'm a 3w2.

Reactions: Athena

·
Registered
210 Posts
I think the enneagram theory or the normal implication of it is a little off. It is based on basic "needs" that stem from "shortcomings" and some form of insecurites that supposedly have been there a long time, they formed during childhood. I don't however see how everybody should have ONE of these shortcomings and insecurities so predominant over the others. I myself can't choose. I feel i'm way too "changing" all the time. I've identified myself with 7,5,9 and 3.

But i wouldn't really say I'm predominantly one of them - the 9 characterstics appeared just last year. And for all the numbers, there are too many things about the "type" that i don't identify with, so I cant slot myself into any enneagram type. I've read a lot about it when I tried to figure it out.

What i'm sure of is however that I am an sx/so variant.

1 - 20 of 64 Posts