Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Type 2

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Type 3

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Type 4

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Type 5

Votes: 152 63.6%
  • Type 6

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Type 7

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Type 8

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Type 9

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm discarding the results

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I dislike the Enneagram too much to share.

Votes: 5 2.1%
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know where you guys are placed amongst the Enneagram's Types.

Take this test, it takes about 3-10 mins to take probably more like 5: Enneagram Testing

How is the Enneagram typology created? Enneagram Institute's Intro Page

Want to just get the gist of the enneagram types? download this chart: Enneagram Typology Chart link You may have to get a membership, but its free and theres nothing bad that comes of it. I actually like the Enneathought of the Day, as its very helpful for self-help purposes.

Need a better description? Click on a number from the illustration from the Enneagram Institute's Home Page (Click me!)

·
Registered
657 Posts
You are most likely a type 5.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6 or 7w8.

I thought I was probably a 9, but perhaps not.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
From this test on this day at this time of the evening, in the year 2010. With the moon at 3/4 full and the star Fomalhaut the brightest in the sky atm. :bored:

Wing 9w1 - 10.3
Wing 5w4 - 9.9
Wing 1w9 - 9.7
Wing 9w8 - 9.7
Wing 4w5 - 9.7
Wing 5w6 - 9.7
Wing 6w5 - 9.4
Wing 4w3 - 8.8
Wing 6w7 - 8.7
Wing 8w9 - 8.4
Wing 7w6 - 8.3
Wing 3w4 - 8.2
Wing 7w8 - 7.7
Wing 8w7 - 7.4
Wing 1w2 - 6
Wing 3w2 - 5

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I did this test in another thread on this forum. I tested 9. A 'nice' INTP.

From this test however I seem to be:

You are most likely a type 5.

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

Hmmm...

·
Banned
4,210 Posts
Well, I'm a 5.
5w4 sx/so to be more specific.
I think my tritype would be something like 5w4 7w8 4w5, but I'm honestly not entirely sure how tritype is determined...

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Any INTP who says they are anything but a 5 are either lying or don't understand the enneagram.
Actually, it seems that you are the one mistaken about enneagram. Enneagram and mbti do not measure the same things. Any mbti type can be any enneagram type. There are several intps around here who are certainly not 5s. I can think of one who is an excellent example of a 6, there are a few 8s, and a 9 (just off the top of my head). I'd bet a lot of the intps who think they are 5s around here are 6s as well. Its the most common type, and as I said, mbti and enneagram don't always correlate. There are enneagram types that each mbti type is likely to be, as some of the qualities match up, between the two - but there are many exceptions.

And my tritype with subwings is in my signature.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I'm either a 5 or a 7 or an 8, but probably a 9.

In various circumstances, all of them fit to some extent. None of them fit very well over all. I'm told that's a sign of being 9, so I just go with that. My basically optimistic and carefree outlook on life make 7 and 9 the most likely, and when I think about my usual self, 9 fits best. But it's still not a very good fit.

Any INTP who says they are anything but a 5 are either lying or don't understand the enneagram.
Yeah dude, not really. The similarity is only superficial. A lot has been said about the difference between type 5 and type 9 INTPs out there. Like here for example.

Reactions: Promethea

·
Registered
264 Posts
Personality temperament --- How your brain functions

Enneagram --- What is your motive

This is why a person can come from "any temperament type" and test differently with the enneagram, as they do not test the same things. -- Motives are different from brain function order; they are unique to the individual person.

At least this is my understanding of the two tests.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Actually, it seems that you are the one mistaken about enneagram. Enneagram and mbti do not measure the same things. Any mbti type can be any enneagram type. There are several intps around here who are certainly not 5s. I can think of one who is an excellent example of a 6, there are a few 8s, and a 9 (just off the top of my head). I'd bet a lot of the intps who think they are 5s around here are 6s as well. Its the most common type, and as I said, mbti and enneagram don't always correlate. There are enneagram types that each mbti type is likely to be, as some of the qualities match up, between the two - but there are many exceptions.

And my tritype with subwings is in my signature.
I know they don't correlate but I honestly don't think an INTP could be anything but a five, if they aren't a five on the enneagram maybe they mistyped their MBTI?

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Emotionallytonedgeometry, and I'm certain there are many more mistyped members out there who are actually 6s as well. It is the most common type, and any mbti type can be a 6.

No. Its possible to be an intp, and an enneagram type other than 5, just as it was expressed in a few posts in this thread.
Just because they say they aren't a 5 doesn't mean they aren't.... Perhaps they are mistaken.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Well, anyway, I took this test that says I'm a Type 4 INTP, and I read a Type 4 profile that I fit almost every single line, so I'm running with that. I also identify with the 5 profile, a little bit, so I guess 4 dubya 5.

I like enneagram because it gives 9 easy to remember types that help to differentiate people between the MBTI types, and even wings are okay because they're easy to remember. But, the tri-types seem completely ridiculous.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I type myself as a 4/5. I identify with both that I can't really pick one. But I identify with 5 more now.

Wing 5w4 - 19.7
Wing 4w5 - 18.3
Wing 5w6 - 17.7
Wing 6w5 - 14.3
Wing 4w3 - 12
Wing 7w6 - 11.4
Wing 6w7 - 11.2
Wing 9w1 - 10
Wing 9w8 - 9
Wing 7w8 - 8.4

1 - 20 of 91 Posts