Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Type 2

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • Type 3

Votes: 3 1.3%
  • Type 4

Votes: 10 4.2%
  • Type 5

Votes: 152 63.6%
  • Type 6

Votes: 14 5.9%
  • Type 7

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Type 8

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Type 9

Votes: 33 13.8%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm discarding the results

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • I dislike the Enneagram too much to share.

Votes: 5 2.1%
21 - 40 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
I'm the only friggin' type 3 on the INTP board according to the poll.. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised considering it seems to be the exact opposite of an INTP. It's sort of weird for me because I have an addiction to entertaining people and being noticed; however, I'm also perfectly happy to sit back and be a wallflower.

I guess I'm lucky? I mean I've gotten out there and done a lot of things most people don't just to say "Hey! Look at me!" And often times I'm just blown away to hear the regard some people hold me too. Furthermore, even if I fail to impress people seeing as I'm an introvert at heart I can always do what I call 'auto-validating' where I just take off in bouts of fancy and shake the world in my mind, which is nice because being social drains my batteries and nothing like a flight of fancy surrounding yours truly recharges them. Yeah, I'm an uber narcissistic shit-head.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Just because they say they aren't a 5 doesn't mean they aren't.... Perhaps they are mistaken.
Type 5's 'Basic Desire' according to the Enneagram site: To be capable and competent.

Yeah.. I have a good paying job and I'm a respected member of my staff yet I'm obsessed with doing open mike nights and I'm querying agents for my book non-stop and in college I was determined to be a cage fighter, and that was after my stint with a band. I constantly dream of fame. I'd say that I've achieved what 5's want and it bores the living hell out of me. What 5's desire is my back up plan until I strike a nerve with everyone and they realize how much they love me :crazy:. I can guarantee I'm not a 5.

I'm wayyy to much of a bragger and a narcissist, I mean wouldn't putting a 3 in my sig as an affectation be something an INTP 3 would do to brag about not being all anti-social and stuff?? That proves it. I'm a 3. :wink:

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Type 5's 'Basic Desire' according to the Enneagram site: To be capable and competent.

Yeah.. I have a good paying job and I'm a respected member of my staff yet I'm obsessed with doing open mike nights and I'm querying agents for my book non-stop and in college I was determined to be a cage fighter, and that was after my stint with a band. I constantly dream of fame. I'd say that I've achieved what 5's want and it bores the living hell out of me. What 5's desire is my back up plan until I strike a nerve with everyone and they realize how much they love me :crazy:. I can guarantee I'm not a 5.

I'm wayyy to much of a bragger and a narcissist, I mean wouldn't putting a 3 in my sig as an affectation be something an INTP 3 would do to brag about not being all anti-social and stuff?? That proves it. I'm a 3. :wink:
I can see no one agree's with me, since I'm outgunned I will just respectfully disagree XD

·
Registered
207 Posts
Well, these are my results:

Type 9 - 10.3
Type 6 - 8.3
Type 7 - 8
Type 2 - 8
Type 5 - 7.7
Type 1 - 7.7
Type 4 - 7.3
Type 8 - 4

Wing 9w1 - 14.2
Wing 1w9 - 12.9
Wing 6w7 - 12.3
Wing 9w8 - 12.3
Wing 6w5 - 12.2
Wing 7w6 - 12.2
Wing 5w6 - 11.9
Wing 2w1 - 11.9
Wing 1w2 - 11.7
Wing 5w4 - 11.4
Wing 4w5 - 11.2
Wing 7w8 - 10
Wing 8w9 - 9.2
Wing 2w3 - 9
Wing 4w3 - 8.3
Wing 8w7 - 8

·
Registered
749 Posts
I can see no one agree's with me, since I'm outgunned I will just respectfully disagree XD
IMO Enneagrams seem to be more about how one derives their satisfaction in life, and I think environment can play more of a factor. Or maybe it's my weak-ish I and P (63%) that puts me out there more often. Who knows.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
IMO Enneagrams seem to be more about how one derives their satisfaction in life, and I think environment can play more of a factor. Or maybe it's my weak-ish I and P (63%) that puts me out there more often. Who knows.
That is a good point, I suppose I'm assuming every INTP is 100% I 100% N 100% T and 100% P (which I pretty much am)

Thanks for finding what the missing factor was :D

I retract my earlier statement.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I know they don't correlate but I honestly don't think an INTP could be anything but a five, if they aren't a five on the enneagram maybe they mistyped their MBTI?
John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker - Source (These are the results of empirical research that measures what the most common Enneagram types correspond with the MB types, in order of highest concentration to lower. This could possibly be the most reliable, accurate information for correlation.)

MB Type Enneagram Types

INFJ - Four, One, Five
INTJ - Five, One
ENFP - Seven, Two, Three, Eight
ENTP - Three, Eight, One
INFP - Nine, Four, Six
ISFP - Two, Nine, Four
ENFJ - Two, One, Three/Four, Seven
ESFJ - Two, Three, Six
*INTP - Five, Six/Seven
ISTP - Five, Nine, Seven, Two
ENTJ - Eight, One, Three
ESTJ - Eight, Three, One, Six
ISTJ - One, Five, Six, Eight
ISFJ - Three/Nine/One, Two, Six
ESTP - Three, Seven, Eight, Nine
ESFP - Seven, Eight, Two

But again this is only "Stats"... it can be different for anyone.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Just because they say they aren't a 5 doesn't mean they aren't.... Perhaps they are mistaken.
Perhaps they know themselves better than you know them, and you don't know anything about them, or enneagram. That is seeming more likely to me.

John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker - Source (These are the results of empirical research that measures what the most common Enneagram types correspond with the MB types, in order of highest concentration to lower. This could possibly be the most reliable, accurate information for correlation.)

MB Type Enneagram Types

INFJ - Four, One, Five
INTJ - Five, One
ENFP - Seven, Two, Three, Eight
ENTP - Three, Eight, One
INFP - Nine, Four, Six
ISFP - Two, Nine, Four
ENFJ - Two, One, Three/Four, Seven
ESFJ - Two, Three, Six
*INTP - Five, Six/Seven
ISTP - Five, Nine, Seven, Two
ENTJ - Eight, One, Three
ESTJ - Eight, Three, One, Six
ISTJ - One, Five, Six, Eight
ISFJ - Three/Nine/One, Two, Six
ESTP - Three, Seven, Eight, Nine
ESFP - Seven, Eight, Two

But again this is only "Stats"... it can be different for anyone.
Yep, lots of six intps, but also many confirmed nines for sure. Not just people who "took the test" but have actually studied enneagram and understand it better than the average person blowing wind out of their asses pretending to know what they are talking about. And I'm certain of a few eights as well.

Thanks for this. It at least gives them six and seven, and I suppose since it comes from "a source" it might actually made a dent in the ignorance around here. I wish one of the non-five intps could speak about their enneagram type, but the nines are way too passive, and they are the only ones I see posting about it in this thread for the most part. And me, what can I say, my core is five - however, my gut fix in my trifix is 8, unlike most intp fives who have a gut fix of 9 -- but anyone is welcome to challenge that after they know me well enough, and know enneagram well enough.

Reactions: L and water

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Reactions: L

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yep, lots of six intps, but also many confirmed nines for sure. Not just people who "took the test" but have actually studied enneagram and understand it better than the average person blowing wind out of their asses pretending to know what they are talking about. And I'm certain of a few eights as well.

Thanks for this. It at least gives them six and seven, and I suppose since it comes from "a source" it might actually made a dent in the ignorance around here. I wish one of the non-five intps could speak about their enneagram type, but the nines are way too passive, and they are the only ones I see posting about it in this thread for the most part. And me, what can I say, my core is five - however, my gut fix in my trifix is 8, unlike most intp fives who have a gut fix of 9 -- but anyone is welcome to challenge that after they know me well enough, and know enneagram well enough.
No problem... I don't do the name calling but I do believe that at least my youngest son is an INTP, and I just did here... what works for him "Just the facts."

I can understand how Enneagram can be tricky for some because it can be difficult when something cannot be put on a nice little box. (Category) The next thing you know... your confused and down-right frustrated.

- Enneagram has no boxes -- It is as unique as you are. (It answers the "why" you do the things you do.)
- Personality Temperament -- Answers the "how" your brain works and in what order.

Two Completely different things. --- One has groups; One does not. And if they do... it's by chance.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
But like everyone has said a million times, any mbti type can have any enneagram type - mbti and enneagram don't measure the same things.
Is there something in my post that comment relates to? I've already said I'm Type 4, so I obviously agree with that.

The link I posted lists 54.2% of ENTPs reporting as Type 7. The next largest category is 18.6%.

I wonder how that research group tested for enneagram types. I have a hard time believing that the other enneagram tests are inaccurate enough that the reported results at PerC are so much different from the research group results.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
Is there something in my post that comment relates to? I've already said I'm Type 4, so I obviously agree with that.

The link I posted lists 54.2% of ENTPs reporting as Type 7. The next largest category is 18.6%.

I wonder how that research group tested for enneagram types. I have a hard time believing that the other enneagram tests are inaccurate enough that the reported results at PerC are so much different from the research group results.
Perpetuating entps thinking they are 7s, and just going with it, without really considering that they could be anything else.. just like the masses of intp 5s who assume. Trying to dispel myths.

Reactions: L

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I usually get type 5.
Specifically, type 5w4.
But I think I'm bordering on 4w5 as well.
I'm definitely a bit of both types.

I'm very moody and unstable, emotionally, almost neurotic.
Yet, I'm still an intellectual observer.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
Who's that?
She mentions it, but I had assumed she was thinking about me. 6w5 sx.

Actually, if you think of it, I think the balance and equilibrium I look for in Zen is a pretty clear manifestation of my INTP/6 interface.

Reactions: Promethea

·
Registered
55 Posts
Actually, it seems that you are the one mistaken about enneagram. Enneagram and mbti do not measure the same things. Any mbti type can be any enneagram type. There are several intps around here who are certainly not 5s. I can think of one who is an excellent example of a 6, there are a few 8s, and a 9 (just off the top of my head). I'd bet a lot of the intps who think they are 5s around here are 6s as well. Its the most common type, and as I said, mbti and enneagram don't always correlate. There are enneagram types that each mbti type is likely to be, as some of the qualities match up, between the two - but there are many exceptions.

And my tritype with subwings is in my signature.
I'm a type 6:)

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Yeah, I'm an uber narcissistic shit-head.
Stop. You are a wonderfull person.

I'm wayyy to much of a bragger and a narcissist, I mean wouldn't putting a 3 in my sig as an affectation be something an INTP 3 would do to brag about not being all anti-social and stuff??
It is the behavior from the first quote that imbalances you and bounces into the behavior from the second, which is unatractive.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I voted five, usually test five, usually identify the most with five, but I am not really sure. I guess it depends on my mood, whether I am feeling detached/cerebral or social/limbic. I got these results just now:

Type 9 - 10.3
Type 5 - 7.3
Type 1 - 2.3
Type 8 - 2

Wing 9w1 - 11.5
Wing 9w8 - 11.3
Wing 5w4 - 9
Wing 5w6 - 8.7
Wing 1w9 - 7.5
Wing 8w9 - 7.2
Wing 1w2 - 3.8
Wing 8w7 - 3

·
Registered
264 Posts

Link: Type Correlations

Special Note: Please remember that any Myers-Brigg type can correspond with any Enneagram type. What these charts tell us is which types are more likely to correspond with another. Most 4s are either INFPs and INFJs, but they can still be ENFJs and ISFJs, etc. Also remember that these charts are not 100% accurate, and matching MB with Enneagram is difficult. Many people, however, assert that their is a fixed correlation, that a certain Myers-Briggs type must match up with a certain Enneagram type.

A problem is that the two systems do not match up evenly. The Enneagram is about motivation, and the MB is about how we function in the world. They concern to different areas of human psychology, however many people have overlooked this when creating their lists. A certain MB type may appear in multiple Enneagram types, and another MB type may only appear in one.

I listed: John Fudjack and Patricia Dinkelaker - Source (These are the results of empirical research that measures what the most common Enneagram types correspond with the MB types, in order of highest concentration to lower. This could possibly be the most reliable, accurate information for correlation.) Because it was the most reliable

21 - 40 of 91 Posts