Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 7 9.3%
  • Type 2

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Type 3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Type 4

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Type 5

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • Type 6

Votes: 20 26.7%
  • Type 7

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Type 8

• Type 9

Votes: 15 20.0%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm discarding the results

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I dislike the Enneagram too much to share.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know where you guys are placed amongst the Enneagram's Types.

Take this test, it takes about 3-10 mins to take probably more like 5: Enneagram Testing

How is the Enneagram typology created? Enneagram Institute's Intro Page

Want to just get the gist of the enneagram types? download this chart: Enneagram Typology Chart link You may have to get a membership, but its free and theres nothing bad that comes of it. I actually like the Enneathought of the Day, as its very helpful for self-help purposes.

Need a better description? Click on a number from the illustration from the Enneagram Institute's Home Page (Click me!)

·
Registered
379 Posts
*sigh* I've been trying to figure out my Enneagram type for ages, but I always get mixed results...always the same ones, as a matter of fact: 2, 6 and 9 :dry: I'd say I lean toward the 9 side most, but I don't want to vote unless the result changes again :\

Anyways, come on and vote guys! I predict Ones, Twos, Sixes and Nines :cool:

·
Registered
878 Posts
I didn't understand that very much but it came out at 6, closely followed by 2 and that seems probably quite accurate.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I'm a 9w1.

I'm generally an optimistic person and in my own world, except when under-stress. Then the world feels like hell and like I can't be where I am.

·
Registered
3,852 Posts
I've tested as four in the past so I clicked that one but I just did one of the tests here and ....

0____o

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
I've tested as four in the past so I clicked that one but I just did one of the tests here and ....

0____o
Actually not that different. sx 9 can have four like behaviours, or a flavour to it. It's more assertive then the stereotypical doormat image, more intense, concerned in ways about merging, connection, the missing piece (not such an unusual sentiment for young people today). Can give a more 8ish (depending on the wing), 4ish, even 3ish flavour.

Four and nine are a common mistyping for people (a bit like 7 and 4 - the difference between ENFP and INFP if you ask me).

There's order in there, all the withdrawns first.

"Sexual nines can have an intensity that often makes them look fourish. They have the passionate desire to merge with another and can idealize potential partners. They tend to merge with the other readily, losing themselves in relationships and fascination. Nines tendency towards fantasizing can take the role of fantasizing about potential relationships, although being basically indecisive and withdrawn, they tend to stay fantasizing and will avoid any direct action in pursuit of the fantasized object. They can be incredibly shy. When in a relationship, they often suffer from a loss of identity, because they become so absorbed in the other person. "
source - http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/enneagram/30535-type-9-women-2.html

John Lennon is said to be a sx 9.

Hmm, stereotypicalish image correlation -
9 = ISFJ, ISFP, INFJ (elements of SX, either first or second stacking) Infact screw it, most introverted types.
9w8 - can be more ISTP, ESFP and so forth territory
4 = INFP, ISFP, INFJ (4w5)
5 = NT
6 = SFJ (More SPish, possibly SO), ST (More SXish), NTP (Possibly more 6w5)
7 = EP
1 = (T)J
2 = (E)FJ
3 = ENTJ, certain ESFJs, certain ENTPs...possibly...ish, INTJ
8 = EST, also strong Fi or Te, possibly Ni or Ti

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually not that different. sx 9 can have four like behaviours, or a flavour to it. It's more assertive then the stereotypical doormat image, more intense, concerned in ways about merging, connection, the missing piece (not such an unusual sentiment for young people today). Can give a more 8ish (depending on the wing), 4ish, even 3ish flavour.

Four and nine are a common mistyping for people (a bit like 7 and 4 - the difference between ENFP and INFP if you ask me).

There's order in there, all the withdrawns first.

"Sexual nines can have an intensity that often makes them look fourish. They have the passionate desire to merge with another and can idealize potential partners. They tend to merge with the other readily, losing themselves in relationships and fascination. Nines tendency towards fantasizing can take the role of fantasizing about potential relationships, although being basically indecisive and withdrawn, they tend to stay fantasizing and will avoid any direct action in pursuit of the fantasized object. They can be incredibly shy. When in a relationship, they often suffer from a loss of identity, because they become so absorbed in the other person. "
source - Type 9 women

John Lennon is said to be a sx 9.

Hmm, stereotypicalish image correlation -
9 = ISFJ, ISFP, INFJ (elements of SX, either first or second stacking) Infact screw it, most introverted types.
9w8 - can be more ISTP, ESFP and so forth territory
4 = INFP, ISFP, INFJ (4w5)
5 = NT
6 = SFJ (More SPish, possibly SO), ST (More SXish), NTP (Possibly more 6w5)
7 = EP
1 = (T)J
2 = (E)FJ
3 = ENTJ, certain ESFJs, certain ENTPs...possibly...ish, INTJ
8 = EST, also strong Fi or Te, possibly Ni or Ti
I did do this thread in all of the MBTI type specific forums. I wanted to see how it matched up with this study I found: MBTI and Enneagram: Their Relationship and Complementary Use
LOL. They don't sync up too well. Maybe the test wasn't that great that I linked, perhaps its the study wasn't the most accurate. *shrug*

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Type 6 is the highest for me it would seem. I don't really understand most of this.
Understand why your type works the way it does and try to understand another type. You will find its a matter of differing values for each type, therefore they act differently

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Well, I was discussing this kind of thing with a friend recently. And we came to the conclusion I'm a IXFJ since I tend to fluctuate between an N and an S on certain things depending on the issue or discussion or topic of interest.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
I have trouble understanding enegram (or however it is spelt) as every test I get either 2 or 9
the results are not ant more helpful than that....
this particular test reacons 2w3

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have trouble understanding enegram (or however it is spelt) as every test I get either 2 or 9
the results are not ant more helpful than that....
this particular test reacons 2w3
Well the enneagram is to help with self-understanding. The Enneagram comes from the belief that as we grow up we find a way to give ourselves value by some means, and for a 2 this is love from others, therefore, your main motivation would be (according to this test) to be loved.

Each type is influenced by the types next it to mold the individual into one of 2 models of type 2, which is a wing shown in that result as a w3. The 2w3 gets a 3 influence, and has a stronger desire to be liked by all than the 2w1. The 2w1 is influenced by the type 1 and is more likely to push people to follow the conscience and influence others to do the "right" thing.

A quick summary of that 2w3 result. The enneagram is pretty simple you would be surprised, and those links will tell you a lot. Could also private message me with questions, but I'm no expert.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts