Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Type 2

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Type 3

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Type 4

• Type 5

Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Type 6

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • Type 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Type 8

• Type 9

Votes: 3 5.1%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm discarding the results

• I dislike the Enneagram too much to share.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So that we aren't any different from the other boards I put this one....

Take this test, it takes about 3-10 mins to take probably more like 5: Enneagram Testing

How is the Enneagram typology created? Enneagram Institute's Intro Page

Want to just get the gist of the enneagram types? download this chart: Enneagram Typology Chart link You may have to get a membership, but its free and theres nothing bad that comes of it. I actually like the Enneathought of the Day, as its very helpful for self-help purposes.

Need a better description? Click on a number from the illustration from the Enneagram Institute's Home Page (Click me!)

If your uncertain of your results check the Enneagram Institute's Misidentifications page

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
You are most likely a type 1.
Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 1w2.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Well, I voted 6 because that's what I got when I took some different test that I don't know the reliability of. For the one you listed here I got

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

Type 1 - 12.7
Type 5 - 12.3
Type 6 - 11

Wing 5w6 - 17.8
Wing 6w5 - 17.2
Wing 1w2 - 15.7
Wing 1w9 - 14.7
So I guess I'm whatever that means?

Under the description for a 5 on that site it says

Fives are drawn to the humanities and it is not at all uncommon for Fives to have artistic inclinations. Fives are often a bit eccentric
This seems incorrect. Very much incorrect.

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
Should read the descriptions. I would guess 1 to be right, but what do I know. Maybe even look into the Misidentifications
Seems overly complicated and I don't understand the reason for enneagrams to exist. The more I read, the less I know which number I am. I agree with parts in like 4 different ones. What does the enneagram tell me that the MBTI doesn't tell me?

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Seems overly complicated and I don't understand the reason for enneagrams to exist. The more I read, the less I know which number I am. I agree with parts in like 4 different ones. What does the enneagram tell me that the MBTI doesn't tell me?
The enneagram typology is created with the around the fact that we must gain value for ourselves in some way.

The link regarding an intro to Enneagram could probably tell you best.

·
MOTM May 2011
14,041 Posts

Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 5w6.

Type 1 - 10
Type 5 - 8.3
Type 6 - 7.3
Type 3 - 6.7
Type 9 - 3.3
Type 2 - 3.3

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
To better answer your question because I was headed to bed during the last message. The enneagram is driven by values for being way we are, and the motivations we have are generated from that. The MBTI doesn't try to dig at the motivations concerning why you are the way you are, but lines up the functions and tells you common tendencies. The enneagram is created of the belief that we pat ourselves on the back for steps in the right direction, so that we maybe a better person, creating more value.

The type 1's core value is to be right. The enneagram institute shows you this:
"
  • Basic Fear: Of being corrupt/evil, defective
  • Basic Desire: To be good, to have integrity, to be balanced
  • Enneagram One with a Nine-Wing: "The Idealist"
  • Enneagram One with a Two-Wing: "The Advocate"
  • Key Motivations: Want to be right, to strive higher and improve everything, to be consistent with their ideals, to justify themselves, to be beyond criticism so as not to be condemned by anyone.
We have named personality type One The Reformer because Ones have a “sense of mission” that leads them to want to improve the world in various ways, using whatever degree of influence they have. They strive to overcome adversity—particularly moral adversity—so that the human spirit can shine through and make a difference. They strive after “higher values,” even at the cost of great personal sacrifice."

Thats just one example of how the individual outlook changes based on the basic desire and values.

When you look back at what we would do with the Month Left to Live thread no one said they were going to try to do immoral acts for personal gains, as other types would have.

The last paragraph's emphasis on improvement syncs up to the ISTJ's need to become more efficient and better in what they do.

I wonder how the enneagram type's stereotype can fit while the MBTI does as well. I believe there is dissent from non-type 1 ISTJ's regarding what is common amongst ISTJs, we just don't always care to argue.

·
Registered
175 Posts
5w6, which seems odd.

Reactions: Sela, niss and Wake

·
Registered
447 Posts
"You are most likely a type 6. Taking wings into account, you seem to be a 6w5."
Yep, that's me. I've always called myself a 6w5, and I honestly think it describes me better than "ISTJ". While I fit into most of the ISTJ descriptions, I've always felt like there was something missing. But when you combine the 6w5 and ISTJ, then I feel like the complete picture is visible.

I also found this information interesting (I haven't seen a test before that really breaks down the wings like this):
Wing 6w5 - 19
Wing 5w6 - 18.5
Wing 6w7 - 16.5
Wing 5w4 - 15.7
Wing 1w9 - 13.7
Wing 7w6 - 13.5
Wing 9w1 - 13.4
Wing 4w5 - 13.3
Wing 3w4 - 12.4
Wing 4w3 - 11.7
Wing 1w2 - 11.5
Wing 3w2 - 10.9
Wing 9w8 - 9.6
Wing 7w8 - 7.9

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
As far as my type goes, I know that I am a 1 or a 6. But I can't figure out which of those I really am. I haven't has enough time to scrutinize over it I suppose. I think I am either a 1w2 or a 6w5 and my tri-type would include 1, 6, and maybe 5 or 2.

I wonder how much I really have the ability to figure out what type I am though. I mean the foreman effect can take hold (where everything seems to apply to you).

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
As far as my type goes, I know that I am a 1 or a 6. But I can't figure out which of those I really am. I haven't has enough time to scrutinize over it I suppose. I think I am either a 1w2 or a 6w5 and my tri-type would include 1, 6, and maybe 5 or 2.

I wonder how much I really have the ability to figure out what type I am though. I mean the foreman effect can take hold (where everything seems to apply to you).
As I told the others go to The Enneagram Institutes Misidentifications page in order to add proper scrutiny. I think I should just go and add that to the original posting at this point.

Thats some good insight by the way. "foreman effect" I'll have to look into that.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts