Personality Cafe banner

I have links below in case you haven't tested before. Which Enneagram type are you?

• Type 1

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Type 2

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Type 3

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Type 4

• Type 5

• Type 6

• Type 7

Votes: 25 46.3%
  • Type 8

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Type 9

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • My type doesn't fit me at all :( I'm discarding the results

• I dislike the Enneagram too much to share.

Votes: 3 5.6%
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Banned
4,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to know where you guys are placed amongst the Enneagram's Types.

Take this test, it takes about 3-10 mins to take probably more like 5: Enneagram Testing

How is the Enneagram typology created? Enneagram Institute's Intro Page

Want to just get the gist of the enneagram types? download this chart: Enneagram Typology Chart link You may have to get a membership, but its free and theres nothing bad that comes of it. I actually like the Enneathought of the Day, as its very helpful for self-help purposes.

Need a better description? Click on a number from the illustration from the Enneagram Institute's Home Page (Click me!)

·
Registered
457 Posts
There's not enough people voting! Are ESTPs usually 7s or 8s?

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
I got type 8, but was really close with 5, 7, & 9. I'm not a huge fan of the enneagram personally. :p

edit: 7 fits me the best, but my statement stands.

·
MOTM June 2011
6,992 Posts
7w8, I get 7w6 and 7w8 at times. They both fit, but I think 7w6 works a little better most of the time.

Reactions: n2freedom

·
Registered
531 Posts
I am 7w8. Which everytime I read it seems like an oxymoron, half Otter, half Lion. Which is totally the way it is for me.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Type Correlations

According to two studies that are based on actually surveying people, instead of MBTI authors who think they're sooper smartt, ESTPs are 7 > 3 > 8.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think if you combine all of those tables you might possibly have every MBTI combined with every enneagram

Edit: I just took the PerC Enneagram test... 3w2.. guess it's not that odd since I almost got 3 on the other test anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I seem to be getting different results from different tests.
I voted 7, after the result of my first test. But then I did some more and they all turn up different. I'm going to have to read up on this.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I dont believe at eneagram. In theory results have to be similar from various tests. I have got same just what Im not (lowest on anxiety and self image: forgot eneagram number). More complicated is what I am: most common is 7w8 and 8w7. More testing = more mess. As I could choose, Im voting myself enea 7, because I see myself more fragile type than 8s are described.
I saw the similar problem with various authors atributing eneagrams to MBTI types: very incoherent and everyone is saying something else.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I always get 7 W 8, which is completely me. It seems like estps are usually 7s. about the 7 > 3 > 8 thing, that should be accurate. It seems like it fits.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts