Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm going to uni soon and i was wondering where i might be likely to track down INFJs.. the only women i've ever gone for have been introverted.. and intuitive.. and feeler.. so that leaves INFJ/INFP really :proud:
INFJs being particularly awesome, although it's not often i run into them in my generally extroverted circles..

is it true that almost all of you guys like going to libraries, etc.? i know the only INFJ i've met (and briefly went out with) was into writing (and was great at it) and i remember she got really excited when i said i sometimes wrote for fun too.. so i'm guessing many of you would be into books. that makes me sound so simple minded.. as if in my head it goes "INFJ = books = library!"

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
Im sure you can find INFJs at the library, but then again you can probably find a lot of types there.

Best thing to do is to find a blank t-shirt, write "looking for an infj" on it with sharpie, and switch seats relatively often (to a new location) while "studying," so you can maximize exposure. if you see someone looking at you amused...

~~ and no need to be embarrassed either. I'm sure many people won't even know what an INFJ is, so they'll look at your shirt and say "inefjuh" or "un-fuh-juh...", scratch their heads and walk away. You get to have your own inside thing going on, too. ;D

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
When I'm on campus and not in a classroom, I am;
In a music room(they have rooms with bean bag chairs and iPod plugins to listen to music on big speakers)
In the library reading or in a study group
Sitting in the union..people watching.
Sitting in the quad... people watching.

I am very fond of Curious' idea of a T-shirt :crazy:

·
Registered
5,246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Im sure you can find INFJs at the library, but then again you can probably find a lot of types there.

Best thing to do is to find a blank t-shirt, write "looking for an infj" on it with sharpie, and switch seats relatively often (to a new location) while "studying," so you can maximize exposure. if you see someone looking at you amused...

~~ and no need to be embarrassed either. I'm sure many people won't even know what an INFJ is, so they'll look at your shirt and say "inefjuh" or "un-fuh-juh...", scratch their heads and walk away. You get to have your own inside thing going on, too. ;D
that is an EPIC idea!! lol. i gotta try this at some point.. reporting back in a couple of months.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i thought of making a "I'm an INFJ and i want commitment not flings" T-Shirt but I'm not anywhere brave enough to do it and i'm scared of what i may attract the opposite instead

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
1. in our rooms - just go around the dorm, gently knock on the doors and offer the girls inside to take the MBTI test ... true, it might prompt some to call security but you can always just say you are doing research for a psychology class - this should immediately pique interest of any INFJ

2. in library - trying to perform well academically, i remember one day I spent 12 hours in one, even brought some food with me so that i wouldn't have to go out for lunch but could just covertly nimble on it

3. i took some rec classes trying to make something of my Se, miserably failed, so you might find INFJs in classes like sand volleyball or kayaking, miserably failing, also was in some religious club for a while

4. eating by myself, watching people, zoning in and out, outside enjoying the sun and the breeze or inside it is too cold - position was always picked on the side of the room and often so that it gives me view of as many people as possible

5. through ENFJ/INFP/ENFP female friends - all these types are on average more social than us and once again on average we get along well with them so make friends with them and they might introduce you to their INFJ friends

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Well, on campus I actually don't go to the library because there's too many people there LOL If you do see me in the library, it will be in the corner somewhere away from people.

I must be the only INFJ who isn't a bookworm. If I'm holding a book, it's either a graphic novel, or an art book. I'm mostly on my computer, or drawing on my sketchbook.

The most likely places you will find me is in an empty classroom surrounded by my 'stuff' (sketchbooks, laptops, bookbag, research books etc..). You'll know she's an INFJ because she'll ask as you enter the room "Is there going to be a class soon?" and if there is she'll pack up her things and leave before the class starts.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I did not much care for college to be honest. I had an apartment off campus and remained on campus only for class, necessary labs, or research at the library. I much preferred the solitude of my own apartment.

I went through a very long tech school in the military, which could be considered analogous to college in many ways. When it was possible to leave the base, I could generally be found at the beach studying/dozing, or doing the same at a small cafe.

·
Banned
89 Posts
I was pretty social in college actually. You could find me walking around talking to people, in the hacky sack circle. At parties. I was even in a sorority. Oh yeah I could also be found constantly counselling some friend in need lol.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I was always at home in our university library..

There was this soccer field with open pavilions and concrete seats surrounding it during uni, I usually would sit with my friends directly across the field because it was the best space to chill, sketch and watch people pass by. There's a risk you'd get hit by balls when soccer season rolls around, though.:tongue:

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
i'm going to uni soon and i was wondering where i might be likely to track down INFJs.. the only women i've ever gone for have been introverted.. and intuitive.. and feeler.. so that leaves INFJ/INFP really :proud:
INFJs being particularly awesome, although it's not often i run into them in my generally extroverted circles..

is it true that almost all of you guys like going to libraries, etc.? i know the only INFJ i've met (and briefly went out with) was into writing (and was great at it) and i remember she got really excited when i said i sometimes wrote for fun too.. so i'm guessing many of you would be into books. that makes me sound so simple minded.. as if in my head it goes "INFJ = books = library!"
Number one place to meet them in college is in the library sitting in a corner by themselves. Hell a lot of them work in the library as well. Also, take a psychology course, humanities, or philosophy class and you will probably find one there as well though. They don't expose themselves much though, you really have to search for them. It's not like finding an ENFP. They are easy to recognize in the classroom, they are the ones who are attention whores and don't stfu. Good luck in your INFJ hunting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts