Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like Ive lost myself, in fact I don't know if ive ever actually found myself.....Im hoping and praying my fellow ENFP will know what Im on about because sometimes I bring this up with close friends and they just don't 'get' it - Or they don't understand how deep I'm going with it and give some answer which skims the surface of what i'm trying to find out....

I think its about self discovery...But im so fustrated with trying to figure myself out, im comfortable with who I am, sng mother of two especially beautiful children, lovely person on the outside, but deep down im so unfufilled and i just don't know why, I don't feel like I know who I am. I've read alot of books on personality, life coaching, emotional intelligence, they're good but something isn't clicking.

Am I just reading to much into it and should I just take life as it comes? In that case, I start to look at what my purpose here is....It isn't too mother my children to the best of my ability, it isn't to make others happy. hePerhaps it is to know thyself lol! << Trying to keep this semi-light hearted with my little lol there :)

I feel like I need to travel and see parts of the world I have always wanted to see. I've always wanted to climb Mt Kilamajaro, since I was little, I don't know why, but I feel like I might find myself up there...does that make sense?

Finally, I always seem to seek validation/clarification from others influential in my life (fellow ENFPers included there) to justify my thoughts or to tell me that I make sense....Like i need to know im understood because if im not understand or its doesn't make sense, then its wrong....because I just don't know....Its a reoccuring theme with me.

Despite how sad this all sounds I am the happy go smilie girl I always am but deep deep down, this is there knawing away at me...It makes the very inside of me cry, I dont know who i am :crying:

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
ENFPie, I can relate to what you're saying. There are times when because you don't easily want to discuss your deep rooted problems with people because you don't want to bog them down with it that we put on this persona, this larger than life persona that you can't switch off. The problem is, sweeping it all under the carpet isn't necessarily the best idea.

It's a very ENFP thing to want validation, I would say your best bet would be to really find some time for yourself, and I mean purely for yourself because whilst it's normal to worry about others, ENFPs (and I myself am guilty of this) are often too quick to put others first. I find that having a creative outlet really helps me stay in touch with who I am. So I write poetry, maybe something similar might help you too?

If the gnawing continues then it might be worth seeking some help, like many ENFPs, I've got type II Bipolar, so I can vouch for the efficacy of therapy, especially since us ENFPs are generally speaking quite verbose and don't struggle to express ourselves accurately when push comes to shove!

I really hope you start to feel more in touch with yourself soon and that you find something here even vaguely useful!!

Reactions: Yamhead

·
Iron Fist
3,684 Posts
I've been there. You need some Sness in your life :tongue: (double meaning intended)

When you stop thinking about it, it just comes to you. Reading too much, talking too much and trying to analyze it, will just drag you down.

Reactions: ENFPie

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
I've been there. You need some Sness in your life :tongue: (double meaning intended)

When you stop thinking about it, it just comes to you. Reading too much, talking too much and trying to analyze it, will just drag you down.
this is so true. whenever i felt like you do i used to analyze it too much- the message i repeat in my head now is "just live" and it's done miracles. the more you think about it the more you create a problem for yourself. when you stop thinking about it and agree to just live, you'll find it's literally an instant cure.

i know this contradicts what i said in your other thread, but this is actually the answer i found from two years of "finding myself".

·
Registered
207 Posts
I feel like Ive lost myself, in fact I don't know if ive ever actually found myself.....Im hoping and praying my fellow ENFP will know what Im on about because sometimes I bring this up with close friends and they just don't 'get' it - Or they don't understand how deep I'm going with it and give some answer which skims the surface of what i'm trying to find out....

I think its about self discovery...But im so fustrated with trying to figure myself out, im comfortable with who I am, sng mother of two especially beautiful children, lovely person on the outside, but deep down im so unfufilled and i just don't know why, I don't feel like I know who I am. I've read alot of books on personality, life coaching, emotional intelligence, they're good but something isn't clicking.

Am I just reading to much into it and should I just take life as it comes? In that case, I start to look at what my purpose here is....It isn't too mother my children to the best of my ability, it isn't to make others happy. hePerhaps it is to know thyself lol! << Trying to keep this semi-light hearted with my little lol there :)

I feel like I need to travel and see parts of the world I have always wanted to see. I've always wanted to climb Mt Kilamajaro, since I was little, I don't know why, but I feel like I might find myself up there...does that make sense?

Finally, I always seem to seek validation/clarification from others influential in my life (fellow ENFPers included there) to justify my thoughts or to tell me that I make sense....Like i need to know im understood because if im not understand or its doesn't make sense, then its wrong....because I just don't know....Its a reoccuring theme with me.

Despite how sad this all sounds I am the happy go smilie girl I always am but deep deep down, this is there knawing away at me...It makes the very inside of me cry, I dont know who i am :crying:
I know exactly what you're going through, I'm in the same process myself. It sucks doesn't it. :sad: It's like, I want to be charmy, witty, and happy and that is ultimately my choice, but at the same time I'm always thinking and analyzing and I seem to be going down a negative path when I'm not even doing anything.

What makes me feel better is talking to myself by writing in a journal about happy experiences, things I like about myself, forgiving myself for the past, and DOING rather than THINKING.

For months, I read this quote but it never hit me until now: Rather than reacting to your situations, ACT and MAKE your decisions.

The advice probably applies more to myself than you, but if it helped, that's great. :laughing:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts