Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With your current boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband?

For me, my first date with my current boyfriend was dinner,then after we went to a bar that was hosting Quizzo night & we had a fewdrinks & played quizzo.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Dinner, then a walk in the park afterwards since things were going well.

I learned a long time ago not to schedule too much for the first date, you want to have a quick way out if things aren't going well.

·
Maid of Time
14,749 Posts
One of my "first dates" with someone I was crazy about was the high school prom. That's a doozy of a first date! Unfortunately, the relationship kind of didn't go anywhere after the first few months and kind of became a confusing mess.

My first official date with the person who I eventually married (now my ex) was actually casual: We went out for subs together, brought them back to campus, and ate them under a large beautiful tree in front of the library. Hilariously, a mutual friend of ours who was just kind of altogether clueless came by and sat down and talked to us through most of it, not realizing we were actually having a casual date; it was rather funny. Eventually he got up and wandered off again, leaving us to enjoy the time together.

One final "first date" worth mentioning: The only serious relationship I had after my marriage was over was with a close friend. I had gotten signals he was really into me and was kind of going back and forth on the thing. Well, we went out for drinks and talking one night, came back to my place after, and I was laying there on the sofa, pretty tipsy with his leg acting as a pillow for my head as I looked up into his face while we talked, and out of the blue I just leaned up and kissed him because I wanted to. He looked at me weirdly, then said, "Are you sure?" and I kissed him again, and he said, "You don't know how long I've been waiting for this moment." I guess I've changed a lot over the years, because I would have never done that in college or earlier.

Reactions: Somniorum and eks

·
Banned
6,806 Posts
This restaurant: NINJA NEW YORK Restaurant, Finest Japanese Cuisine

We were good friends and our first date happened after we discussed how we both wanted to be together, so we basically already knew we were going to become bf/gf. He surprised me by going to this restaurant because he really liked me and wanted to impress me! Our first kiss was on the subway on the way there :)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Both of my first dates, I've taken the girl Ice skating, and both times there was car trouble afterwards.

The first time, my battery died from accidentally leaving the headlights on.

Second, I got in my first and only car crash, the other guys fault as he pulled out in front of me, and I hydroplaned. His axle got shattered, there was a chip of paint on my car.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
Starbucks. Ha! I'm an easy pleaser and we had a nice conversation. I had the mocha, blended iced coffee and he had the caramel flavor. Other costumers were chill as most coffee drinkers are. Two older black men played a game of chess and discussed books they've read. A couple of people including a middle-aged black woman, were on their laptops and dead to the world outside of them. However, like most cafes, there's that occasional person way...in the back with one cup of Joe, watching everything around them. Our conversation was mainly about past dates, relationship and family. I remember everything that day. I'm a casual person. So casual that we went to Walgreens for a quick beauty product. ;) I think first dates should be quick and the more you get to know them and the more you like them, go for more intimate ones that lasts an two hours or so....

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Taco Bell's drive thru. That should have been a "red flag" because it took me several more years to realize that he was a cheap S.O.B. and likes to cut corners.

Yeah, I know. I was young, dumb and in love.:rolleyes:

Reactions: rosegeranium

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Depends what counts as our first date.

We've joked that our first date was on the phone.

Our first in-person date was at my house. For four days. With almost no clothing involved except on the way to and from the airport.

I actually wish we had started out in the same place as opposed to a LDR, and that we really had something akin to an actual first date.

·
Registered
816 Posts
Most of my first dates have been either at a restaurant, bar, the movies, or the park. A couple at his house. Once at my house.

I can't say that I have a favorite out of any of them, though. All of them were either awkward, dull, or just a ploy to get into my pants.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
With your current boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/husband?
What if we don't have one?

Can we make one up? :tongue:

·
Registered
1,090 Posts

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
My now boyfriend took me to Mel's Burger Bar for our first date. It was actually a decision that he made after he picked me up from my apartment and we were walking down the street. It was between there and another pub/bar joint. Very un-ISTJ of him, to decide so last minute like that!!

Anyways, we sat outside and had beer and burgers, and then we went for a walk in the park. And then after he told me he doesn't put out on the first date I invited him back up to my place and we ended up staying up all night talking and making out. He then drove me to an event I already had tickets for the next day (to the disgrace of his friends who told him he shouldn't act like he has nothing better to do). As he jokes now, it all worked out okay :happy:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Walk around Rosemary and Franklin Street 3 times in Chapel Hill.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Dinner then sunset at the pier. (my ex)

I got a date this week and I'm planning on light dinner then bowling and maybe another sunset @ the pier :)

·
Registered
611 Posts
I'm not seeing anyone currently, so I'll say about the first one.

A little sushi restaurant.

I had crunchy rolls, he ordered eel. He kissed me about half way through the meal (my first kiss), and then asked me what my meal contained. I said something along the lines of avocado, cucumber and shrimp. He chose this time to inform me he was allergic to shrimp.

*facepalm*

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm not seeing anyone currently, so I'll say about the first one.

A little sushi restaurant.

I had crunchy rolls, he ordered eel. He kissed me about half way through the meal (my first kiss), and then asked me what my meal contained. I said something along the lines of avocado, cucumber and shrimp. He chose this time to inform me he was allergic to shrimp.

*facepalm*
Oh no! Did he have a reaction?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Oh no! Did he have a reaction?
Yeah, a mild one. He tried to keep it together, but said his mouth was getting itchy. Luckily, I had only had a little bit, so it didn't end up as a E.R. waiting room date or a crash course in the use of an epi pen, but I was absolutely mortified >.<

He said it'd be worth a second try, and I insisted he take me to a drug store to get a travel toothbrush and some mouthwash before I'd let that happen because I wasn't going to be responsible for him getting REALLY sick. In line with my travel accessories, I quizzed him about other allergies and other things I should know before I stumbled upon them myself.

He did end up kissing me again at the end of the date (after I had brushed my teeth about four times), and I made him promise to text me when he got home to make sure he was safe.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts