Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Honestly, you seem like an ideal match for me, romantically or otherwise. How do you go about finding an INFP? Are there certain indicators I can look for? Is there some sort of device that will beep for me when I've found one?

I apologize if my questions have been answered elsewhere, but the size of your forum is a little too large for my patience at the moment.

EDIT: Wow, an ENTJ posted a similar thread right below mine. I'm dense. Or at least blind :crazy:

·
Registered
20 Posts
You'll know you've found an INFP when they expresses their opinions and is willing and able to back them up at all costs. They might come off as an a**hole at first but you will begin to realize that they only have the best intentions for you, and the world.

·
Banned
298 Posts
You know, my dear ENTP lady, we could invent such a device together. We'll just need to hire more INTJs and INTPs for the actual invention part...then, when we run experiements to see if the invention works, we'll leave the recordkeeping to the ISTJs & send ISFJs as the ISTJs' aid.

A new business idea! Are you in?

Reactions: susurration

·
Banned
298 Posts
p.s. I see that you attend Simmons College? That's rather close to where I am.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You know, my dear ENTP lady, we could invent such a device together. We'll just need to hire more INTJs and INTPs for the actual invention part...then, when we run experiements to see if the invention works, we'll leave the recordkeeping to the ISTJs & send ISFJs as the ISTJs' aid.

A new business idea! Are you in?
Oh absolutely! Our next step could be to increase the range of the device so that it can pinpoint INFPs globally with the push of a button!

But perhaps they wouldn't like to be found in such a way...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
INFPs: You can find one at your local coffee shop, vegan/vegetarian restaurant, park, library, or wherever hippies/artists and geeks (also in my case queers) congregate.

They're usually the one that is talking way too loud or way too soft, and even if they're well-adjusted enough to become part of the conversation, you'll notice their attention drifts away and they start daydreaming, deep in some imagined world.

When they look at you, they're probably not looking at your body, or at least not for long; they're trying to get past the flesh into your soul.

They will interrupt idle chitchat with a deeply moral or existential question, and not realize that it is out of place.

Their looks of contemplation can often be confused with sadness, mournfulness, etc.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
INFPs: You can find one at your local coffee shop, vegan/vegetarian restaurant, park, library, or wherever hippies/artists and geeks (also in my case queers) congregate.

They're usually the one that is talking way too loud or way too soft, and even if they're well-adjusted enough to become part of the conversation, you'll notice their attention drifts away and they start daydreaming, deep in some imagined world.

When they look at you, they're probably not looking at your body, or at least not for long; they're trying to get past the flesh into your soul.

They will interrupt idle chitchat with a deeply moral or existential question, and not realize that it is out of place.

Their looks of contemplation can often be confused with sadness, mournfulness, etc.
Ah, I was once involved with someone like that. She tested as ENFP, but tests are really only reliable 2% of the time. Hmm. Perhaps I know of more INFPs than I thought.

I love that "spacey" quality, by the way. Really draws me into them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
This happens to me on a daily basis lol. I can't help it, and it's not like it's a bad quality but it kind of goes hand and hand with the old saying "something worth doing is worth doing well". If the conversation is worth having, don't fake it or overlook the subject matter, embrace it and see how deep you can go. Maybe you'll both come to a realization or revelation that changes the way you see everything. You never know!

·
Registered
175 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Oh absolutely! Our next step could be to increase the range of the device so that it can pinpoint INFPs globally with the push of a button!

Remember what they say: think globally, act locally :p

Btw, if we pinpoint all INFPs at the same time globally, we find ourselves a nice niche market! Imagine all those lonely INFPs rushing to the stores to finally discover they're not alone...we'll make so much profit.

Reactions: thehigher

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Ah, I was once involved with someone like that. She tested as ENFP, but tests are really only reliable 2% of the time. Hmm. Perhaps I know of more INFPs than I thought.

I love that "spacey" quality, by the way. Really draws me into them.
Sometimes an INFP will fake extroversion. I would be one such example. Actually, I've become only mildly introverted. I enjoy social contact to some extent now. I crave it a little, even. Still, I always have to eventually go home and CRASH after all that exertion, ha. Scheduling time to relax in only the company of myself is very important for my overall well-being.

I love that quality in people, too, actually. I have quite a few INF friends because of it. Really easy for me to become attracted to people like that, though. Have to be careful. :blushed:

Reactions: Jacob

·
Registered
2,999 Posts

I would be afraid of being hunted by other types like, "It's wabbit season!" :crying:

Reactions: Jacob

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Remember what they say: think globally, act locally :p

Btw, if we pinpoint all INFPs at the same time globally, we find ourselves a nice niche market! Imagine all those lonely INFPs rushing to the stores to finally discover they're not alone...we'll make so much profit.
Tsk tsk. I'm only looking for emotional and intellectual profit.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Reactions: Efthalia

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Honestly, you seem like an ideal match for me, romantically or otherwise. How do you go about finding an INFP? Are there certain indicators I can look for? Is there some sort of device that will beep for me when I've found one?

I apologize if my questions have been answered elsewhere, but the size of your forum is a little too large for my patience at the moment.

EDIT: Wow, an ENTJ posted a similar thread right below mine. I'm dense. Or at least blind :crazy:
I stay home most of the time. If that is the norm for all INFP, I suggest the net as a starting point. Home invasions would be a bad idea, not to mention like grasping at straws.

At least for me... I am socially inept, whether I am being shy or not. So... start by looking for socially awkward people. You could always wear a name tag, or get a printed shirt saying ENTP seeking INFP! (or something like that) I would imagine if an INFP that knew they were INFP saw that, they may hit you up for a conversation. :proud:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts