Personality Cafe banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So.... There's this thing called workplace equal treatment.. -.- How do you make friends these days without other's being like "Oh hey, I wanted to be friends with you too if you had asked me"

Where do you go about being friends with people without others being like that? Surely not a class.. or a job.. So where do you guys meet people?

I've done stuff like asked personal questions in class that wasn't related to course material thus not maintaining workplace equal treatment effectively..

I saw some guy sneak in a "Hey, what's your name again" out of the corner of my eye.. Kinda made me a bit jealous and like hey show me the love too hmm?

I don't understand equal treatment anymore.. or the whole point of making friends.

·
Registered
4,319 Posts
Depends. In my case, I observe people a lot and see them interact with others; but, I require a certain context than enables me to have a constant flow of communication with them. Also, places like this are good to meet friends... in fact; if you're interested, we could get to talk. My door is open... feel free to walk in. Don't worry, I don't bite (unless requested :wink:)

·
Spotlight March 2016
8,193 Posts
So.... There's this thing called workplace equal treatment.. -.- How do you make friends these days without other's being like "Oh hey, I wanted to be friends with you too if you had asked me"

Where do you go about being friends with people without others being like that? Surely not a class.. or a job.. So where do you guys meet people?

I've done stuff like asked personal questions in class that wasn't related to course material thus not maintaining workplace equal treatment effectively..

I saw some guy sneak in a "Hey, what's your name again" out of the corner of my eye.. Kinda made me a bit jealous and like hey show me the love too hmm?

I don't understand equal treatment anymore.. or the whole point of making friends.
Usually you make friends with people that have similar interests.

So, libraries, book clubs, martial art clubs, rock climbing places, parks... Well, maybe not parks,

Hobby clubs (By this I mean, physics, or astronomy, or whatever), There are places where people go to do DnD tournaments for the geek-inclined, video game tournaments similar,

You could volunteer in your community with something you're passionate about, like community gardens, or volunteering at your local university/college, volunteering at animal shelters,

You could meet people at conventions which hold your interest...

LOOOTS of places to make friends.

And you could always make friends with people on the bus. But, just warning you, some of them are... WOW.

·
Registered
554 Posts
You can make friends where ever people are.

All you need to do is slip on the right mask, and then just talk.
Talk about what affects them and yourself "what they do for work" is a common one.

Be/act interested in what they have to say ! (Even if it's not that interesting)
Sympathize with them when they complain about something/everything.

And just like that you'l have friends.
(This does not guaranty a good friendship, but it's a start)

·
Banned
281 Posts
I too want to know, Of course let me put an imprint in your head guys.

Friends are those who accompany you in your lowest and highest state.
Acquaintance is someone who you know and will just join you when you are in your highest. XD

·
Registered
342 Posts
I don't really need friends anymore because I have my best friend (read wife) with me almost all the time but I imagine finding friends these days could be tricky, the internet has in many ways usurped traditional ways of meeting people. However I remain optimistic that you can find ways to come across others in day to day interactions, sometimes you just have to put yourself out there and say hello, ask people how they are doing, comment on a book they might be reading, you know all those things non shy people seem to do easily when going about their daily activities. :p

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I don't really need friends anymore because I have my best friend (read wife) with me almost all the time but I imagine finding friends these days could be tricky, the internet has in many ways usurped traditional ways of meeting people. However I remain optimistic that you can find ways to come across others in day to day interactions, sometimes you just have to put yourself out there and say hello, ask people how they are doing, comment on a book they might be reading, you know all those things non shy people seem to do easily when going about their daily activities. :p
Coffee shop regulars in particular are masters at finding excuses to chat.

·
Registered
255 Posts
ive met great friends at concerts/campouts and some of my clients are now very good friends. I guess I meet a lot of friends thru other friends at their houses, at shows, and bars (although the bar crowd is more of what you would call acquaintances)

the community I live in is pretty cool tho, its not hard to meet people. if you put in the effort, you will make friends with them

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.