Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
When I tested the first time, my N was a tie with S. Yet in reading the category, and doing the new test in the back of the book, I am clearly an Idealist. In looking back, perhaps it was because of not quite understanding some of the questions. Now I am wondering if perhaps I learned to lean on my S due to my efforts to eliminate my Fe most of my life. I have often felt like a blind person tapping through life with a stick.
Any ideas or input? What would reduce my awareness of/use of my Ni?

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Its just who u r

just try to be more aware of it thats the best you can do.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
You probably feel it has reduced because you're living around Si and Se people. For me, I feel like it can cause the vision to get cloudy.

To help I suggest to have conversations with dominant intuitives... so that would include INTJ, INFJ, ENTP, and ENFP. I've noticed that every time I have a good conversation with a fellow dominant intuitive its as if the sky clears and I can now see the sun perfectly.

Especially ENTPs and ENFPs... they're crazy and overwhelm me at times, but they help me feel complete or "me at my best" could be a way to put it. Must be something with Ne combined with Ni.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Especially ENTPs and ENFPs... they're crazy and overwhelm me at times, but they help me feel complete or "me at my best" could be a way to put it. Must be something with Ne combined with Ni.
Interesting, thank you for that advice. I have noticed that when I speak with my INFP friends/family that I feel like I am 'me at my best'.

It is strange that my dominant function should be so low, I mean, it's my main way around in this world. Perhaps I am like someone born partially blind, with my dominant function not all the way there, and I have learned to lean on my S to get by. Or perhaps it is like I said above, I was taught to smash and ignore my Fe so I havn't noticed what my Ni is telling me, because if I understand it right my Ni is understood through my Fe.

·
Registered
4,961 Posts
INFPs tend to bring out the best in me too. ENFPs and ENTPs have an energizing effect on me. ENTPs can also bring out the mischievous streak. My Ni is best expressed when I take some time to myself to think how things work and ask myself a lot of why questions. It often happens instantly outside of my control. One of my friends is an ISFJ and I have noticed that she instead refers back to her past experiences to make sense of new ones. She is more gregarious and emotionally reactive than me. I usually take a pause before I react to something, so she reacts faster. I often feel like I am confused and unsure and have to think over a lot of things before getting to doing anything. This can indeed feel like experience of a blind person tapping the way ahead. It is no the Ni though that I try to rely on when thinking of what to do next but my shadow function Ne. Ni only tells me how things are while Ne tells me how things can be made to be.

·
Registered
2,005 Posts
Certain songs help me get motivated as well. An ENTP friend of mine introduced me to this song and I must say it helped trigger my Ni to get a solid vision as I need it. However, its one of those songs where one time you hear it you interpret it one way and the next day its completely different again...

Here's the song:

Enjoy!!

BTW.... The more you listen to it the better. :wink:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts