Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my guitarist bailed on me recently so now i need to find a guitarist, a drummer and a bassist.
i'm a vocalist and i write lyrics. i have some songs completed on the guitar and some bass parts too.
anyway do you guys know of a web site or maybe a good way to advertise myself to find other local musicians around my age group.. that won't cost me anything?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I've been there, and it could be hard without the cash to advertse yourself. iIf you don't have the cash then you need to hunt. Look for classified ads in a local music magazine/university newspapers (found in many coffee shops or music stores...they're free) or go online... kijiji may have listings for your city. Or do an online search with google -(your city) musician classifieds

·
Registered
223 Posts
Local musicians? Go to local shows. Won't be free but they're not usually that expensive. You know that. Musicians tend to like seeing people play music and the ones who are regularly supporting their local scenes tend to be the kind of people who won't 'bail' without a really good reason. Maybe meeting people and trying to recruit them is scary, but that's the way it is and you know that too.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i got a reply today but this looks like spam to me, either that or its just incoherent. what do you guys think, i think its just an advertisement for something completely unrelated to what i'm looking for. here's the reply

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
We're from bassist and a drummer (Lapeer) also and giving this out to all in my location as we're positive this is something you may find of use.

Open this

bassist and a drummer (Lapeer)
flint

·
Registered
957 Posts
i got a reply today but this looks like spam to me, either that or its just incoherent. what do you guys think, i think its just an advertisement for something completely unrelated to what i'm looking for. here's the reply

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:58 AM, <[email protected]> wrote:
We're from bassist and a drummer (Lapeer) also and giving this out to all in my location as we're positive this is something you may find of use.

Open this

bassist and a drummer (Lapeer)
flint
Hmm. Looks like spam to me. If not, the sender is quite possibly completely illiterate. Is that from Craigslist?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts