Personality Cafe banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm 18. i just failed to get into the high ranking university i wanted and now i'm not sure where i'm going. at the moment my life is in limbo as i try to decide potentially the rest of my life. scary stuff.

i dislike my current town and can't wait to leave, and feel like my friends, whilst fairly good company, aren't the awesome friends i'd want, and have had in the past. i feel like i'm about to leave not just my old friends and life behind but also an entire version of "me" as i meet new people and form new dynamics.

the fact that i haven't had anything like a serious relationship plays on my mind, but at the same time it's not something i'm generally looking for.. which is basically a reflection of the whole conflict within me, a part of me seeks security and averageness, whilst a part of me wants to search and go for the extraordinary- something which is making my current choices even more difficult.

feel free to mention your mbti type if it's relevant.

·
Registered
512 Posts
i'm 18. i just failed to get into the high ranking university i wanted and now i'm not sure where i'm going. at the moment my life is in limbo as i try to decide potentially the rest of my life. scary stuff.

i dislike my current town and can't wait to leave, and feel like my friends, whilst fairly good company, aren't the awesome friends i'd want, and have had in the past. i feel like i'm about to leave not just my old friends and life behind but also an entire version of "me" as i meet new people and form new dynamics.

the fact that i haven't had anything like a serious relationship plays on my mind, but at the same time it's not something i'm generally looking for.. which is basically a reflection of the whole conflict within me, a part of me seeks security and averageness, whilst a part of me wants to search and go for the extraordinary- something which is making my current choices even more difficult.

feel free to mention your mbti type if it's relevant.
When I was 18(I'm 33 now) I wasn't going anywhere with my life.
I didn't feel like I was going anywhere with my life and furthermore I didn't think I would go anywhere with my life.:laughing:though I wanted to.
I also had friendships that weren't good for me and I was in situations that weren't good for me.
It took me about 3 years to get up the courage to change.
When I finally did, I didn't regret it.
With a little planning,not much:laughing:I decided to move away from my town and I went to live with my sister in California,I was living in Washington.
Sometimes a drastic change is exactly what we need to help us reestablish ourselves.
It's like burning a field to make room for new and better growth.

I hope this helped in some way.
I wish you success.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts