Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY. You guys are a rad type and I love you. I guess my question is:
How would one spot an ISFP? what are some tell tale signs of being one? I think hearing straight from the source would be beneficial as many of the type descriptions I've read are pretty vague. What do you guys like to do? What are some of your interests? The ISFP strikes me as a very intriguing type, and I think I might have a couple of them in my life but I'm not sure. So...what's up? :th_wink:

·
Banned
3,636 Posts
I like to play. If I wasnt born into playing video-games I could have played sports or poker or driven fast bikes. Im more on the lazy side and dont like people much, it isnt because I dont like people I just dont like how they are(egoistic) and so Ive tended to shun team-sports and group activities.

I just like to play. I find this rather essential. So whatever I like to do, I do. It is very difficult when this does not combine with making money. This ISFP does thing because he likes to or he doesn't do things at all... ... this is not a good attitude in society.

Hope that helps!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Probably a quiet person, but not always. Isfp tend to get along with basically everyone, at least for myself. :)
And I like to play as well, and have fun even though people may not see it because I don't express myself much.
So if you're close to someone that is pretty laid-back, quiet and easy-going there may be some chances that he/she is an Isfp. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,837 Posts
So if you're close to someone that is pretty laid-back, quiet and easy-going there may be some chances that he/she is an Isfp. :tongue:
Very true of me:kitteh:.

But then the thing is, this kind of people are often not very noticeable. I lately realized that some people would see it as lacking characters/personalities.

I am usually at the corner of a bar or leaning against the wall, etc, blending with the background, and I usually don't catch people's attention. Then they simply overlook me, which is a nice thing for most of the time. haha.

OP, I don't know. I don't have much of a clue about how people perceive me. Maybe you can check out the Pictures of ISFP thread and see if you get any ideas...

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm not super great at typology so I'll just talk about my interests and such. Anyway an actual person talking might be more helpful than academic textbook descriptions.

I'm laid-back, reserved and won't really open up until there's a good reason (if someone asks) or if we're close. I think about my choices in life a lot and what are my core values... Then try to be as much of my true self as possible. I'm a bit perfectionist and tend to harshly criticise myself if I fail to uphold those values. The biggest being compassion, it really makes me feel like a failure if I'm not upholding this the best I can.

I like experiencing new things, be it places or food but I'm not into doing many things... You won't be finding me climbing a mountain or such. I don't live to have every sensation and every experience possible, but rather the ones I find interesting like travelling. I draw, even though I don't consider myself very good at it (lack technique) but strangely I'm not into painting all that much, too messy. I don't like to get dirty. Perhaps this will come as a shock then, that I like to cook... I just take precautions. Contrary to the stereotypes you find about ISFPs, I'm not the type to do a huge amount... I'll observe a lot, relax a lot, do when I feel like it. Very VERY laid-back. I spend a lot of time day dreaming.

I read about lots of things, from the personalities and functions we like to talk about on these forums to things like futurology. I'm very interested in trying to understand people. I also read some fantasy and play video games, part of me wanting to live in a fantasy world where the impossible is possible. But I mainly read non-fiction because I have a constant drive to understand things. I don't understand it when people don't dig beneath the surface... I'm not going to go and read lots of academic stuff (like read Jung's books) but I like to not just settle for surface information. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here and I would have never questioned my test result being INFP.

Things I don't like tend to be superficialities... I can't say I like small talk, celebrity obsession, gossip... There's many things in this society that I don't "get". I prefer calmer things, like sitting at a café, looking out of a window or snuggle up in a blanket with my cat on my lap, playing a videogame or something. I really dislike parties and loudness. You won't find me in those sort of places, I'll avoid them like the plague!

I don't know how helpful this is, if at all... But that's what I have to offer. Sorry if it turned out really long... I tend to write more than needed. n_n'

·
Registered
676 Posts
INFJ's really LIKE ISFPs , this thread made it official . after many many threads .

Reactions: RangerJoe

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm not super great at typology so I'll just talk about my interests and such. Anyway an actual person talking might be more helpful than academic textbook descriptions.

I'm laid-back, reserved and won't really open up until there's a good reason (if someone asks) or if we're close. I think about my choices in life a lot and what are my core values... Then try to be as much of my true self as possible. I'm a bit perfectionist and tend to harshly criticise myself if I fail to uphold those values. The biggest being compassion, it really makes me feel like a failure if I'm not upholding this the best I can.

I like experiencing new things, be it places or food but I'm not into doing many things... You won't be finding me climbing a mountain or such. I don't live to have every sensation and every experience possible, but rather the ones I find interesting like travelling. I draw, even though I don't consider myself very good at it (lack technique) but strangely I'm not into painting all that much, too messy. I don't like to get dirty. Perhaps this will come as a shock then, that I like to cook... I just take precautions. Contrary to the stereotypes you find about ISFPs, I'm not the type to do a huge amount... I'll observe a lot, relax a lot, do when I feel like it. Very VERY laid-back. I spend a lot of time day dreaming.

I read about lots of things, from the personalities and functions we like to talk about on these forums to things like futurology. I'm very interested in trying to understand people. I also read some fantasy and play video games, part of me wanting to live in a fantasy world where the impossible is possible. But I mainly read non-fiction because I have a constant drive to understand things. I don't understand it when people don't dig beneath the surface... I'm not going to go and read lots of academic stuff (like read Jung's books) but I like to not just settle for surface information. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here and I would have never questioned my test result being INFP.

Things I don't like tend to be superficialities... I can't say I like small talk, celebrity obsession, gossip... There's many things in this society that I don't "get". I prefer calmer things, like sitting at a café, looking out of a window or snuggle up in a blanket with my cat on my lap, playing a videogame or something. I really dislike parties and loudness. You won't find me in those sort of places, I'll avoid them like the plague!

I don't know how helpful this is, if at all... But that's what I have to offer. Sorry if it turned out really long... I tend to write more than needed. n_n'
Interesting! You and I share many interests. Cooking is where its at. The creativity involved in it is energizing and it's rewarding to share that experience with others. It really is underrated as an art form. I wish I was better at it.

As for the non-fiction, sometimes reality can be far more more fascinating than any story people can come up with. I know fiction can speak to the human condition and finds new ways of revealing truth and making commentary, but non-fiction is REAL. The universe is pretty crazy the more you dive into it.

I could be way off the mark here, but ISFPs seem like type that is, at least on the surface, largely different from their extroverted counterpart. What I mean by that is that it is much easier to distinguish between an ISFP and an ESFP than it is to distinguish between, say, an ENTJ and an INTJ. You say that you don't like parties, gossip, or loud environments. Forgive me for stereotyping, but I'm willing to bet a lot of ESFPs find those things quite stimulating. Maybe the top two functions, Fi and Se, are more visibly at odds with each other than Ni and Te? I don't know. Thanks for the thoughts!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably a quiet person, but not always. Isfp tend to get along with basically everyone, at least for myself. :)
And I like to play as well, and have fun even though people may not see it because I don't express myself much.
Well reading yours and some of the other replies, there is a high likelihood I have at least one ISFP in my life, that person being my ex-girlfriend. Maybe even one of my best friends. He seems pretty laid back and has a great sense of humor. Loves the outdoors. Hikes, swimming, fishing. All things natural. I think INFJs and ISFPs can have a kind of natural chemistry if they're willing to invest a sufficient amount of effort into being flexible and respecting each others differences.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I'm pretty sure I'm ISFP, and usually I'm the girl sitting alone, or if I'm with people, I am usually quiet unless they get me talking, which usually consists of me having like a spurt of talkativeness, then receding back into quietness. I also usually move around a lot, even while sitting, I'm usually tapping my foot or playing with my hands or something, and oftentimes gaze around the room quite frequently. I also say weird things a lot, that make sense to myself, but don't always to others, and many people who talk to me say they sense something "different" about me XD I'm also rather earthy, but at the same time "airy", as in I'm very realistic, easygoing, and down to earth, while at the same time being intriguing with interesting perspectives on things and thoughts, and I enjoy interesting, deep, unique conversations.

·
Registered
(I-S-F-P)
41 Posts
I like to stay home with my dear Computer & guitar, If I go outside I usually take my bike with me to the forest, I love to ride in the forest, it's so peaceful. I'm deathly silent most of the time, but I do open up sometimes, my laugh is quite loud too xd. I maintain a cold/calm demeanor most of the time, but I'm very warm & friendly with close ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts