Personality Cafe banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whew, finally over, this was both boring and fun. Every block had a question or two I liked, some blocks were overall boring(I, III, VI), some were overall difficult and required more time than than I usually need to answer a question(I, some of III), some were very interesting and challenging to think about, despite the difficulty(IV).

Block I
This block was boring and I needed more time than usual to answer to some of the questions.

1. General to specific, specific to general – what does it mean?

That’s pretty self-explanatory. Forest to tree, tree to forest.

2. What does "logical" mean? What is your understanding? Do you think that it correlates with the common view?
For something to be logical, it has to make sense. I think my understanding of it correlates with the common view, mostly.

3. How do you explain fractions on the dial of the clock?
Delineations equally distanced that with the help of an internal specifically calibrated mechanism can measure time accurately(or so would be desirable, less so with automatic mechanisms generally).

4. What is a rule? What rules do you have to follow?
A rule is something that either tells you what to do, or prohibits some sort of actions. Same rules as everyone else.

5. What is hierarchy? Do you need to follow it? Why or why not?
Hierarchy is represented by different positions where every position in the hierarchy has different rights, responsabilities, rules within an institution. I try to follow it as long as I have to and it’s in my best interest to do so.

6. What do you think of instructions? Do you use them? Could you write an instruction manual? If so, what type of instruction manual would you most likely write?
Instructions are good. I use them sometimes, but most of the times I try to figure things out by myself. I could definitely do that, I’ ve done it before. Instructions with steps for different processes, Do’s and don’t’s(especially don’t’s, I’m good at telling/advising people what NOT to do:laughing:, although I only do that with my family because I’m not concerned with the actions or mistakes of other people).

7. Please explain: "Freedom is in complying with the laws, but not in ignoring the laws"? Do you agree with the statement? Why?
Not necessarily, it depends on what kind of freedom and life you want, but I agree with the statement for now. If you want an easy and uncomplicated life, within the society, you have to comply with the laws, so that you’ll keep your freedom, not go and kill people or whatever and go to jail, for example. It’s fine if you find a way to ignore them or break the laws as long as you don’t get caught and what you’re doing is not too severe.

Truth is, it depends on what freedom means to you, so there’s also the possibility you’ll find it by ignoring the laws, or abandon the society altogether and go to live into the woods.(okay, the last one is extreme, but offers a new perspective on it, as well as a contrast between what the idea of freedom means to different individuals).
V for Vendetta came up into my mind. Finding freedom in doing what is beneficial for both the society and oneself, regardless if complying with or ignoring the rules is just so heroic. I could never do that, I’m too individualistic and indifferent to most things, but I admire those who have such ideas or feelings.

8. Tell us how about consistent you are?
Depends what we’re talking about. I’m consistent with my interests, once something catches my interest, I will always be interested in that. Large amounts of time may pass without me to engage in that interest, but at some point I will return to it.
Something I can’t keep myself consistent with are things that involve medical treatments, exercising, dancing, playing guitar. I may be very determined to keep up the work around them, but after a few days I go back to my usual activities, reading, watching movies, listening to music and stuff. I strive hard to keep things structured and I like having everything scheduled to the second, I make a lot of plans and schedules for myself, but I don’t always manage to keep up with them, so time passes by and I’m not accomplishing anything, which makes me feel like shit. I wish I was more consistent with my activities.

9. What is a "standard"? Why do people need it?
Standard is defined by what is usual. People need it in order to assess whether the situation is usual or is specific. In cases like earthquakes, we can do nothing than observe and research, but there are cases when observing and researching whether the situation is customary or standard can help us change the specific and transform it to standard if so needed.

10. You need to put your home library in order. How do you feel about this activity? How will you approach this task?
I rarely do this kind of things, I’m messy and kinda disorganized, but when I do I want perfection and I will approach it with a tiny bit of enthusiasm, because I like categorizing things. I’ll sort it on genres first, then alphabetically and finally if there are books that don’t conform with the existent categories I’ll apply another category like year, size, color, cover type or material, width and so on until they all have their own place. I don’t like randomness, there must be an existent reason of why they are in that specific place, like in the usage of an algorithm.

Block II
This block was easy and some of the questions were a lot of fun.

1. What is work in your opinion? Why do people go to work? Are there any parameters where you can distinguish whether you can do this work or not?
Work is something we do for surviving. Most people work for money. Some work for pleasure because they love their job. I work because it makes me financially independent and makes me feel good about myself. Yes there are. If there’s something that can be learned through watch-and-learn or explanations I can learn it and do it. If it requires special and extensive knowledge I do not have, then I can’t. I’m quite capable and I can do most things though, and I like trying to do things I’ ve never done before and being as knowledgeable as possible.

2. Is there any correlation between quality and quantity? Tell us if or how the price depends on quality?
Generally, but not necessarily. Some products are more expensive than others because of the quality of the materials used. I’ ve encountered however products of the same quality with considerable differences in price, which is probably because of the promotion of the more expensive products, or due to being products of a bigger company who most of the times is more popular as well.

So yeah, there is a correlation between quality and quantity, but there are lots of exceptions as well.

3. How do people determine the quality of work? How do you determine such quality? How well you can determine the quality of any purchase, do you pay any attention to it?
Every work must have certain traits that makes it quality work. People use those traits, the attitude you need to have towards your work, the final result, the process you used, the time frame in which the work was done and so on. There are optimum standards for every kind of work, and when they are met, that’s quality work. I have a job where the most important traits are the time I choose to spend and a winner attitude(I had a lot of trouble with this one at first, this is not a job that fits me really, but I’m stubborn and keeping on going makes me feel capable and good about mysel). I measure the quality of my work by the money I make in the time I spent, like 40 Euros earned in 4 hours is really bad, that’s 10Euros per hour, 60 Euros for an hour is good, it’s better than yesterday’s 10’s per hour. Then I make sure my attitude is consistent so that my work won’t be affected in the future, I have to make sure I won’t be affected financially in the long run.
I pay alot of attention to my purchases, I need to make sure I will purchase something that’s right for my needs for the right price. I try to evaluate what is the usual price for that specific kind of product, and look at the differences in quality, and price, the product’s specifications also, then decide which one fits my needs, and make sure the price for it is justified by its quality, then finally purchase it.

4. How do you feel if you didn't finish some work? Does it ever happen? What are the reasons?
I like to finish everything I start without interruptions, otherwise I feel bad about myself and I know if don’t finish it then I will find it difficult to do it later on, which is why I get angry when someone interrupts when I’m doing something like working, reading, whatever. It does happen sometimes, my mother is usually the one who interrupts me and tells me to go to the kitchen for dinner or whatever because she’s worried about my health. Sometimes cell is ringing right in the middle of something important. Theese things are frustrating.

5. What is "interesting work" for you? Please explain in detail.
Work done with genuine interest and dedication, passion, work where one can learn something new everyday, that can help you advance, perfect yourself professionally but as a person or emotionally as well.

6. You go to the store and see something you're interested in buying; there is a price tag on it. What parameters are you going to use to understand if it's overpriced, underpriced, or priced correctly?
I try to evaluate what is the usual price for that specific kind of product, I do that by trying to see what are the prices of similar products of that kind, and look at the differences in quality, and price, the product’s specifications, try to figure out what are the reasons of the of the price differences, whether the price is justified by the quality or specifications of the product. If the price is justified by the quality of the product, the product is priced correctly.
Price>Quality=Overpriced
Price<Quality=Underpriced

7. When you work and someone tells you: "You don't do it right." What is your reaction?
I’m internally pissed off. I don’t like having people tell me I don’t do my job right. I would ask the person for a reason of why he or she thinks I’m not doing it right. If it’s something I’m learning from someone more knowleadgeable than me, I would be focused on learning the right way in order to prevent keeping on doing things wrong.

8. There is a professional right next to you. You always see that you can't perform the way they do. Your feelings, thoughts and actions?
I’m jealous when someone’s more competent than I am and can do things better, I would never let people know that though. I would try to do things better and become better than they are, I’m very competitive although I don’t like to show it and I never let the people I’m competing with know that. I always want to be the best at everything, but of course that’s not realistically possible.

9. When you have to ask someone else to help you with the task, how do you feel?
I don’t like asking for help, makes me feel like shit, it’s like saying you’re incapable and you need their help. I like to keep my independence intact.

10. You need to build a pyramid exactly like in Egypt. Your thoughts, feelings and actions?

That would be so interesting and fun, and I will learn alot of things in the process.It’s also alot of responsability I guess, because I’ll have alot of resources on my hand and I will be a bit afraid of failing, because that’s a huge project.

I need to determine the exact angles, measurements and have a plan with steps I have to follow for the result to be exactly what I want it to be. First off I will need an architect, a good one, or perhaps more, sometimes it’s good to have more minds around, perhaps new perspectives arise, and the materials of course, and mechanical and human resources that would bring the construction to an end according to the plan.

Block III
I liked a couple of the questions of this block, but there were some boring and even difficult ones as well.

1. What is beauty? Do you change your opinion about beauty? Does your understanding correlate with the generally accepted notion? What goes beyond the generally accepted notion?

Beauty is represented by qualities of things we think are desirable or make us feel in awe. Not always, some people told me my tastes are weird. I don’t want to talk about that.

2. Please describe your understanding of a beautifully dressed person. What is the core of beauty? How do you explain what is beautiful to a person who has never heard about beauty before?
A beautiful dressed person is a person who is dressed accordingly for the job or age they are(although not necessarily), the place they are in, the event that is happening there. I think one must consider the shape of their body when dressing. I tried to do that lately, I dressed very bad all my life I used to not have a style or anything, but trying to change that because I want to look good, so I’ ve learned some basics. I’ ve become quite decent about it now.

As for the second question, no idea. I don’t think beauty must be explained, I wouldn’t try to do that. Beauty is to be experienced.

3. Is there a template of understanding what beautiful means for everyone to use? Is there such a term as "classical beauty"? If so, what is it?
No idea. I’ ve heard people talk about that term, ’classical beauty’, and in the examples I’ ve seen for that term, they revolve around simplicity, or so I think. I don’t feel I understand it completely though, and I don’t hold an interest in such things.

4. What is comfort? What is coziness? How do you create your comfort and coziness? How do others evaluate your skill in doing so? Do you agree with them?

A state that makes us feel secure physically, financially, mentally. Coziness is about comfort. I make sure I have all the things I need. I don’t know what they think about my skills in those things, but I’m capable of taking care of my own needs, globally.

5. How do you pick your own clothes? Do you follow fashion? Why? Do you know how to select clothes for different types of figures?
Well it depends. If I’m looking for clothes that represent my tastes and my character, I will choose based on that. If I’m looking for clothes for my job, I will want to choose clothes that are appropriate(I used to not know what is appropriate and what not to be honest, but I’ve learned that and I dress decently now) I try to look elegant, maybe feminine but strong and ferm(which usually ends up in the androgyne area lol), determined and serious. I don’t follow fashion, I like to wear clothes that make my body look good. Yes, I know how to select clothes for different types of figures, I’ ve focused on that for awhile some time ago and as I said did some research and learned some basics.

6. How do you cook? Do you follow recipes? What do others think of your skill?
I like to read recipes and use them in a rather vague way, according to my imagination on how I think the result will be different than the usual recipe and better according to my tastes. However, if I would have to cook for other people, I would follow the recipe, because I don’t have experience with cooking at all. My mother she thinks I’m a bad cook just because I don’t cook the food the way she does. When I cook I do it the way I like, we have different tastes, which is why I think I’m not as bad at it as she thinks.

7. Are you good at color patterns and mixing them and matching?

I used to do the most hideous matches with clothes until about 2 years ago when I started to study more about colors and how to mix them. I’m great with it now, or so I like to think.

8. If someone is telling you what is beautiful and what is not, what goes with what color and what is not, do you agree with this person?
If someone tells me what is beautiful and what is not I will think about it and most likely exemplify what they say with an obvious exception, or I’d just ignore what the person says altogether.
If the person tells me what goes with what color and what is not, now that I’m knowledgeable in such things I’d tell them whether they are right or not. There’s a chance I would ignore what they say, but I wouldn’t agree with them because what they say it’s not true.

9. Tell us how you'd design any room, house or an office. Do you do it yourself or trust someone else to do it? Why?
I like designing spaces, can be relaxing and it’s an opportunity to apply my knowledge on mixing the colors or space management. I would like to design it myself so that the end result would be exactly the way I want it. I like changes and I like the way spaces can be transformed.

10. How do you know if a person has bad taste? Could you give us an example? Do you always trust your own taste or do you seek opinions from others?
Mixing uncompatible items or colors. This is a bizarre perfect example of such thing. I have to admit though, it has character. Now I trust my own taste completely, but when I was younger I would listen to opinions, because everyone else thought there’s something wrong about my decisions on clothing choices.

Block IV
This block was okay, as usual a couple of interesting questions and some challenging ones too.

1. Can you line up human resources and make them do things? What methods do you use? Can you press people? If so, how does it happen?
If the human resources are willing to cooperate, then yes. Convincing by logical sound reasons or creative or better solutions. I can press people if they appear to be shy or withdrawn or if I know they accept me pressing them. I can be very authoritarian but only when they are not intimidating(think a bunch of compliant EIIs, I could boss them around because they're not intimidating:kitteh:, at least those I know aren't).

2. What is incursion? How do you deal with this? Can you repulse? How easy can you do it?
I’m getting intimidated inwardly quite easily and I try to outwardly look like I ignore it, like nothing happens and try to look unaffected by it. If I’m extremely angry I can use cutting words and mockery, but I usually try to behave as naturally as possible.

3. What does "my people" and "strangers" mean? When do "my people" become "strangers" and why?
My people=family, people with whom I have something in common like an ongoing project or job
Strangers=everyone else, including some family that’s not close or that’s unimportant, or people who left the group I’m involved with, or left a cause I’m still involved with
Reason for that is because everyone with whom I’m not involved is out of my interest. I’m not interested in ’my people’ either actually, unless it’s my close family, what is of more interest to me is the reason for my involvement with them and what we’re working on.

4. Are there strategies of attack? Can you use them? When is it justified?

I prefer the strategies of attack without the attack, if that makes sense. I can use them as long as I don’t have to declare war in the open. I feel much comfortable with stabbing people in the back. It’s justified if I have a good reason for it.

5. Do you think it's ok to occupy someone else's territory? In what situations?
That would feel weird, I wouldn’t want to do that, unless that’s what I want. I don’t know in what situations.

6. What are the methods of volitional force? When is it most effective and in what situations?
I don’t quite understand this question, due to my poor english. It probably asks about using one’s will on other people. There are alot of methods, black-mail, cutting fingers, kill one’s family and other invasive methods like theese:kitteh:. No seriously all I can think of is terrorism and perhaps shouting at that person, being openly agressive in attitude and other intimidating things. I don’t know what is the most effective, it should be measured accordingly with the seriousness of the situation.

7. How do you protect yourself and your interests?
I hide them. I don’t like sharing my interests with other people, unless they’re very close to me which is damn rare.
I protect myself by not disclosing much information about myself.

8. Describe your behavior in the situations of opposition and if you have to use some force?
I try to be as convincing as possible and get the opposition to see my point. If that doesn’t work I might use cutting harsh words and a more heated attitude. As a last resort I would think of a back-up plan I can use, like blackmail, threaten the opposition in a way that’s impossible to be proven while guarding myself at the same time and make sure I can get whatever I want with minimum damage.

9. Do others think of you as a strong person? Do you think you are a strong person?
I suppose strong in terms of attitude is what the question is about. Other people don’t think I’m strong, which is why I’ve been pushed around a lot in my life, lately less so, because I’m focusing a lot more on that and try to not let myself take shit from people anymore. I think I’m a strong person, but sometimes it’s difficult to let others see that.

10. How do you understand if a person is strong? Are there any signs of a strong person? What is the core of any force? Why do people listen to one person, but not the other?
If they have the ability to impose themselves and orders on others. There definitely are, not quite sure I can explain which those are, but it has something to do with a specific kind of attitude, perhaps looking unafraid and confident. I don’t really know what is the core of any force. It’s all about the attitude you display, people can see when you have confidence in your own strength, or at least that’s what I guess.

Block V
This block was challenging, interesting and had some difficult questions, some controversial ones too.

1. What is boorishness? Does your understanding of it correlate with the generally accepted notion? How would you explain what boorishness mean to a 10 year old child? How would you explain the same to an adult who does not behave ethically?
This is the first time in my life I see that word, dictionnaire says it means a rough and bad-mannered person. I can’t answer to the 2nd question. I would explain it by using my answer on the 1st question of this block. I wouldn’t explain this to an adult, I would instead try to understand his motivations behind this bahavior, which I think must be much more interesting than the behavior per se.

2. How would you improve the moral of the society?
Find people who are good with that, like Michael Jackson. No seriously I don’t know, promote certain values that are beneficial to both the individual and the society perhaps. The means would be people who are ready to sacrifice their time to make the world a better place.

3. Can you justify somebody's bad behavior by thinking that he/she wasn't taught how to do so?
Yes, because I used to be one of those people who didn’t know they’re hurting people. I try to be more considerate now. So yes I can justify somebody’s bad behavior, but I would still think they’re immature and need to develop some sides of themselves.

4. Give us your understanding of love. Can you love and punish at the same time?
I don’t like to talk about theese kind of things. Definitely, one can love and punish at the same time, just because I love you, it doesn’t mean I can’t be harsh with words(or actions in exceptional cases) and be honest with you without sugarcoating or telling you you’re useless.

5. Have you heard about the Southern hospitality? Everything is for the guest. There is also a German hospitality – the master of the house is always right. What method is the right one? Try to evaluate without the weight of any cultural aspects, traditions, nations etc.
No. I don’t quite understand the second, like if I visit someone in Germany I will have to agree with they on everything or what! That’s a bit over-the-top I think. Everyone must be free to think whatever they want. What’s the point when everyone agrees with every stupid thing you say! Things must be debated so that new perspectives will arise and the conversation will be taken to a new level. I’m not eager to express my opinions generally, and I don’t question openly opinions of others either, actually I would just ignore what the master of the house here has to say and I’d pretend I respect them, which is exactly what I do when visiting someone, but I still think this promotes closed mindedness regardless the purpose.

I think the two methods can be reconciliated just fine, as in people should give and receive respect regardless whether they’re the guests or the masters of the house.

6. What is sympathy? When do you need to express it? When is it advised not to?
Dictionnaire says ’ 1.feelings of pity and sorrow for someone else's misfortune
2.understanding between people; common feeling’
I don’t express it much, I might feel it for a few seconds but don’t dwell on it. I often forget when people live hard times and have an innapropriate attitude and behavior, like if we’re friends and your mother just died or you feel sick as fuck I might say I’m sorry, and the forget what happens to you and call you 3 hours later asking you if you wanna go to library or come see a movie with me or whatever. I also forget to congratulate people on important occasions, actually forget is a bad word, ’not occuring’ describes it better.
I don’t have the answer to the 3rd question.

7. Are there any norms of behavior in the society? Do you follow them? Do people always have to follow them? Why?
Not that I know of, but there definitely are nuances of behavior that can be innapropriate or even bizarre. I try not to stand out too much, unless I can stand out with something good or desirable and I’m proud of myself.
No, not always, it’s nice to see eccentric people around you and diversity is nice.

8. How do you know what attitude among people is right or wrong?
I don’t, I try to make sense of it and find good reasons for my attitude.

9. What does moral mean? What is immoral? Does your understanding correlate with the others? How can you evaluate the correctness of your own understanding?
Moral means fair, correct. Unfair, incorrect. Mostly, I guess. I can’t evaluate it. Probably wrong or right, moral and immoral don’t even exist. We choose to create them, it’s us who give meaning to such words, and everything is a matter of perspective.

10. Somebody is giving you a negative attitude – what is your reaction? Could you show your own negative attitude toward someone else? If so, how? Could you give a person the silent treatment? How easily do you forgive people?
I try to think of a reason for their attitude. Perhaps I could. Acting more distanced than usual, talk alot less, you know acting as if upset or smth similar. I’m still not sure what negative means here though, but I guess upset. Yes, of course I can, I don’t know how that would solve the situation between us though. I like to talk about problems and solve them. With someone who knows you well the silent treatment might work, but there are people who can’t understand you and you have to talk with them about the problem. I can forgive rather easily, but I never forget anything. I can’t forgive disloyalty in friendship and betrayal. That’s unforgivable to me.

Block VI
I don’t know what exactly to say about this block overall, but there were a couple of questions that were interesting to think of and answer to.

1. "Whole world does not cost one tear of child" – how do you understand this phrase? Do you agree with this opinion?
Due to my poor english I don’t get if this is more like ’noone gives a fuck about you because you’re insignificant in this big world’ or more like ’kids are so pure and important and their sadness is oh do deep, you’re unable to understand it and they don’t deserve it’. Either way, yes, I like to think of myself as a very sensitive and caring person, and kids shouldn’t suffer, but then the reality is harsh and we must be strong and get over it. It’s poetic though, I can see that and I’m very attracted by the specific cases and individuals in tragic moments and I think there’s something beautiful about pain and sadness and makes me want to understand someone’s feelings and thoughts, but I also try to be realistic.

2. Is it acceptable to express emotions? Give examples of inappropriate expression of emotions.
Depends on the emotion, would be weird to laugh at the funeral of your husband(unless he was filthy rich lol I’m just kidding), it’s acceptable to express emotions if they’re appropriate. Personally I don’t like to express them but sometimes they just come out, like laughing in the bus at my own mental jokes unable to stop and people give me that look you give to a crazy man. Other than that I’m not expressive and I prefer to keep everything to myself.

3. Can you use negative emotions? In what situations?
Like anger or what! I rarely do, I express my anger when I’m very angry, but that’s just because I lose control. I express when I’m not pleased with something as well, towards my family members. They will know if there’s something that minds me.

4. How do you express negative emotions? What does it look like? What do others think about it?
When I lose control of my anger it’s nasty and people give me weird looks. My mother thinks I’m crazy. I don’t know what others think, but I can remember acting that way in front of a teacher years ago and she looked kind of scared and intimidated, to my delight. I felt bad afterwards though as I don’t like loosing control of myself like that.

5. Shallow emotions – what does it mean? Are there any other emotions?
Showing an emotion you don’t feel most likely. Genuine ones I guess. Those are nice.

6. What are right or wrong emotions?
I don’t know, who says if they’re right or wrong!
I know some people would say happiness and love are good emotions.Hate and jealosy and rage are bad, but I don’t necessarily agree to that.

Supposing I’m the one to determine which emotions are right or wrong, I’d say it’s all relative, anger can be bad, but can be motivational and constructive, love is good but can become destructive and turn into hate and rage when the person has been betrayed and dissapointed, happiness is good but it can lead to ignorance, I’ve seen people too focused on the positive side of things and optimism and become blind, missing the war in front of their eyes. In the end there’s no such thing as righ or wrong emotion, it’s all about a certain sense of balance between all emotions.

7. Can you change the emotional state of yourself? Of others? To what side – positive or negative?
I don’t know, perhaps. I haven’t payed much attention to that.

Generally I can’t and don’t have any reason either to change the emotional states of others, unless I’m making a short movie that’s dramatic and sad or smth, or sing something beautiful. I could try to talk about the sad side of something and offer a sad and sensitive side of something(think kids with cancer and other similar things) to get people to listen to me so that I can influence their emotional states, but I don’t know if I’d be successful with that. The last question is fun, sometimes I like to see people pissed off and angry or sad and upset and I might try to emphasize facts that I know are disturbing and ruin their mood.

8. What does it mean to "pour out your emotions"? How does it happen?
To let them out, to express them. I don’t know how that happens, I don’t like doing that, I rarely if ever do that. I’ve tried to become a bit more expressive, but not necessarily in an emotional way, more like teling people how much you appreciate them so that they know that, be more comunicative about feelings and avoid any misunderstandings. I’ve seen that as a sign of being a mature person and so I’m trying to be one.

9. Does your internal emotional state correlate with what you show externally?
Only when I fail to hold it under control and lose it, which is not very often, so mostly no.

10. Do you track what mood you are in throughout the day? Do you notice the mood of others?
No. Sometimes, with my family.

Block VII
This block was fast and had a couple of particularly nice questions to think about.

1. Do you like surprises?
If they’re pleasant or gifts, maybe. If they’re problems that come out of the blue, no. I feel much better when I know what’s the next thing it’s gonna happen in my environment.

2. How people change? How do you feel about those changes? Can others see the changes?
People change all the time, our experiences in life change us continuously even if it happens in small bits. I think it’s good that we change otherwise things would be boring, we should just make sure we’re going towards what we want to become. More or less, theese changes occur very slowly, but there are experiences who are so powerful that can make people change a considerable amount in a short time frame.

3. Is it true that whatever happens is only for the best?
Not necessarily, but one can always find a bright side of every war. You may not change the world, but you can always change the way you want to see it, which is good as long as some awareness of reality is kept.

4. What do you think of horoscopes, fortune telling etc.? Do you believe in luck, lucky fortuity?
Horoscopes, well there are a lot of different people who read the stars differently and their conclusions are different, so you can’t really believe everything they say. The idea is beautiful though. As for fortune telling, there might exist people who can do that, who knows, I know this sounded crazy and unrealistic but there are people who can access parts of themselves and connect with the Universe in ways we, ’normal’ people cannot. Luck is something probabilistic. Sometimes I can ’feel’ lucky and I will indeed have tons of luck, but that might have something to do with a particular state of mind or attitude.

5. Can you forecast events? Is it even real?
Forecast is a too powerful word. I tend to think about the likeliness of something to happen and I’m often right.

6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
Time is a limited resource. You feel it by the experiences and events that occur in life. I don’t know whether the ’kill’ is about stopping time or doing something that keeps you busy, but after consulting Google I guess the second. People can always find something to do. Time passes either way.

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
I’m an impatient person generally. Depends on how far the present moment is from that event and what event this is about. I like to know when something will happen so I can prepare in advance if I need to.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
Depends what it’s all about, but I guess not. I tend to trust them generally.

9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
No, I don’t like to be late, it feels off. I don’t like when people are late, and if they don’t have a good reason for it I might lose my respect for them.

10. Imagine the situation where you agreed to meet with someone. Your feelings and actions: a) 20 minutes before the meeting starts, b) 5 minutes before the meeting starts, c) it is time for the meeting to start, but the person is not here, d) 20 minutes after the meeting start time and the person is not here, e) more time and the person is still not here…
a)I’m either on my way close to the meeting point or there already.
b)’I hope x will be here on time.’
c)’What the hell, x should have arrived already, I wonder where x is’ feeling a bit anxious(I’m quite neurotic and can get anxious easily)
d)’Í wonder if something unforseen happened, I’ll call and ask x why couldn’t make it’
e) find out what happened and why x didn't make it by now, in case x will arrive in less than 20 mins I will wait, otherwise I go home or to other place and continue my day. Internally I'm pissed off, I don't like when people don't let me know whether they can't make it on time, and I don't like when my plans are cancelled in the last moment either.

Block VIII
This block was fine, a bit boring perhaps, but again has a couple of questions that challenged me to think more.

1. Is there a meaning of life? In what? Is it the same for everybody?
Yes, everybody must go on own path and find what meaning means to them, then continue and see where it leads to.

2. What should be done so people can be happy?
Nothing should be done for that, we can find our happiness by ourselves.

3. In the situations with a lot of potential and volatility will you trust your own guts, logically calculating everything or will you ask people you trust what should be done?
I could trust my own guts, but if I think there’s someone who knows more about what’s happening I would ask too, to make sure. I hope this is a risky, very dangerous situation, because asking other people what to do or asking for help is humiliating.

4. When you meet a stranger, what can you say about them right away? How do you know what this person is all about? Does it take long to understand someone's talents?
I don’t know. I don’t know how I know. No, I can recognize someone’s talents pretty fast.

5. Remember an interesting person and call out 5-6 qualities you think are interesting in them. What makes an interesting person? Are you an interesting person? Why? What if someone calls you "boring" and "not interesting"?
Strength, outstanding social abilities, curageous, considerate, intelligent. I don’t know what makes an interesting person, this is a bit subjective, person x might seem interesting to you, but not to me. I think I’m an interesting person, once one gets to know me, but not many people get to know me, so no, for most people I’m not an interesting person. I’m very different than most people around me in a lot of ways. I’ve been called ’boring’ and ’not interesting’ before, and I didn’t gave a damn, because the people who called me that were themselves boring and not interesting, I’m in fact glad about this, because it means we had nothing in common and I’m very happy I’m nothing like those people.

6. What opinions, from people who know you, seem: a) fair; b) not fair; c) hurtful; d) strange.
a)reserved, quite responsible
b)uncaring, inconsiderate
c)egocentric perhaps, but it might fit to b) better, not quite sure if it’s hurtful or just not true sometimes
d)arrogant or conceited, theese might fit b) as well I think.

7. Do you fantasize? What kind of fantasies do you have?
Yes. Accomplishing all sorts of things and goals I want to accomplish, conversations with people in my head, ideal situations in the future and steps to get there, all sorts of stories and scenarios for movies or books with very twisted turns of events, I like those a lot.

8. What qualities should a person have to be successful and why?
Perhaps being motivated, either hard-working or very talented, a bit creative, serious but a bit funny as well as in witticism, determined, having a fairly open mind, having a good dose of ambition to succeed, self-confidence and there might be other things as well I can’t think of right now. Theese qualities depend very much on the kind of success you want.

9. What qualities can stop a person from being successful and why?
If one of the qualities who made that person successful in the first place fade, I imagine the overall image of the person would suffer. Think of a singer who lost their voice, or an actor who lose their mind due Alzheimer or a traumatic accident. Most of them are less serious situations, of course, like a businessperson who loses his motivation and falls into a nasty depression,or loses his family and again his motivation is lost, or he simply treats his job with less seriosity and responsability, or a doctor who stops caring so much about his patients and begins to treat them with less respect or start to behave inconsiderate or drinks alcohol at work and so loses his patients and his success.
There are also cases when an industry is developing or changing so fast and some people lose their success because the public wants something else.

10. What is more important in life – to be a good person or be a successful one? Why? Is a good person always successful? If not, then why?
A bit of both perhaps. Definitely not all the good people are successful, because not all the good people have much potential to be successful. To be successful requires more than goodness, it requires some qualities that can make a person outstanding, even if they are there already or still changing and becoming that way through hard work. A good voice, or acting talent, or to be outstandingly hard-working, or a exceptional painter, or play a lot of instruments and dance, or a good comedian, do something better than most people can do, attract all the eyes on you for a reason, or just gain everyone’s appreciation and respect as an outstanding programmer or businessperson.

·
Banned
1,536 Posts
That’s pretty self-explanatory. Forest to tree, tree to forest.
That's a Te answer, you answer with common sense, and not a subjective definition.

For something to be logical, it has to make sense. I think my understanding of it correlates with the common view, mostly.
Again, no Ti definitions. You say it yourself : Your understanding correlates with the common view.

No need to see more, you are definitively Te. All the other answers are Te too.

The Si block tells me that you don't have a good grasp on Si, but your Se block is pretty interesting.

I don’t like to talk about theese kind of things. Definitely, one can love and punish at the same time, just because I love you, it doesn’t mean I can’t be harsh with words(or actions in exceptional cases) and be honest with you without sugarcoating or telling you you’re useless.
Intersting answer that suggest dual-seeking Fi.

Moral means fair, correct. Unfair, incorrect. Mostly, I guess. I can’t evaluate it. Probably wrong or right, moral and immoral don’t even exist. We choose to create them, it’s us who give meaning to such words, and everything is a matter of perspective.
Looks like Fi is nuanced with Te.

I don’t know, who says if they’re right or wrong!
I know some people would say happiness and love are good emotions.Hate and jealosy and rage are bad, but I don’t necessarily agree to that.

Supposing I’m the one to determine which emotions are right or wrong, I’d say it’s all relative, anger can be bad, but can be motivational and constructive, love is good but can become destructive and turn into hate and rage when the person has been betrayed and dissapointed, happiness is good but it can lead to ignorance, I’ve seen people too focused on the positive side of things and optimism and become blind, missing the war in front of their eyes. In the end there’s no such thing as righ or wrong emotion, it’s all about a certain sense of balance between all emotions.
That's how we can see that you have a very low Fe.

People change all the time, our experiences in life change us continuously even if it happens in small bits. I think it’s good that we change otherwise things would be boring, we should just make sure we’re going towards what we want to become. More or less, theese changes occur very slowly, but there are experiences who are so powerful that can make people change a considerable amount in a short time frame.
Is it a dynamic point of view?

6. What is time? How do you feel time? Can you "kill" time? How?
Time is a limited resource. You feel it by the experiences and events that occur in life. I don’t know whether the ’kill’ is about stopping time or doing something that keeps you busy, but after consulting Google I guess the second. People can always find something to do. Time passes either way.

7. Is it easy for you to wait for some important event? What if you don’t know when it is supposed to happen?
I’m an impatient person generally. Depends on how far the present moment is from that event and what event this is about. I like to know when something will happen so I can prepare in advance if I need to.

8. Do you need help creating forecasts and determining how something will end? Do you trust those forecasts?
Depends what it’s all about, but I guess not. I tend to trust them generally.

9. Are you normally late? How do you react if someone is late?
No, I don’t like to be late, it feels off. I don’t like when people are late, and if they don’t have a good reason for it I might lose my respect for them
I was struggling between LSE and LIE, but I know that LSEs are pretty bad with time. Your Ni is well developped.

Yeah, I think that you are an LIE. Te seems to be your dominant function, I've seen it everywhere. And your very low feeling functions make me think that your thinking function are very High. Good grasp on Se and Ni, which leads me to LIE. I know that my explanation is short and synthesized, because it will be way too long to explain each answer (80Q).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Intersting answer that suggest dual-seeking Fi.
Why do you say that?

I was struggling between LSE and LIE, but I know that LSEs are pretty bad with time. Your Ni is well developped.

Yeah, I think that you are an LIE. Te seems to be your dominant function, I've seen it everywhere. And your very low feeling functions make me think that your thinking function are very High. Good grasp on Se and Ni, which leads me to LIE. I know that my explanation is short and synthesized, because it will be way too long to explain each answer (80Q).
Gamma NT makes most sense to me, I self-typed as ILI, but considered LIE as well. Any chance I'm an ILI or is LIE too obvious?
It's just that I haven't seen many LIE women around this forum, most of the people here are introverts, and I think I'm an introvert as well, considering the time I'm spending in my head.
Does my Fi and Si look that low? If so, why? Asking because some people doubted my ILI self-typing and typed me entirely different types, IEI, SLI, ESI, LSI.

Sorry for that bunch of questions, people somehow managed to get me confused :laughing: I've been around Socionics for a long time now and kinda got used to the idea of being an ILI so I'm afraid I might be biased and I don't want to be mistyped, so I need more people's perceptions of me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts